Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Awoniyi scores again against BVB as Union Berlin go 1 up with 30 minutes to go 1- 1 now the lead lasted 4 minutes.

https://twitter.com/noob_fcb/status/1340036216704610304?s=20

Edit: Union Berlin win 2-1 to move up to 5th in the Bundesliga.

Awoniyi is having a great season for them, Karius not so much he has yet to get any game time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

With the match on early tomorrow will it be on 5Live? I can’t see it tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Roanmore wrote: »
    What was the result of the last vote, was it ten as well?

I don’t see the point of increasing the amount of subs on the bench if you are not increasing the amount of subs you can use.

Yeah, weird one alright... I mean, it’s nice to be able to give more kids a chance to be a part of the match day squad, and a few more will get minutes here and there in dead games. But for most games the extra few spots add no real value. It’s fine, and there’s no harm in it, but it doesn’t help issues of fitness or player welfare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Salah & Jones on the bench tomorrow with Keita & Minamino starting is the team doing the rounds this evening.

I can see it happening myself. Minamino & Keita start the game and then Salah off the bench to run at tired defenders legs. Palace won't be used to the 3rd game in 7 days and this is the 3rd of 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Fitz* wrote: »
    Salah & Jones on the bench tomorrow with Keita & Minamino starting is the team doing the rounds this evening.

I can see it happening myself.

I hope not, minamino has not shown he deserves a starting place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Minamino can't start yet made of glass Keita can?

I'd be curious to see how Taki and Origi could link up. I think they could compliment each other quite well at the very least for 45 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I can see it happening myself. Minamino & Keita start the game and then Salah off the bench to run at tired defenders legs. Palace won't be used to the 3rd game in 7 days and this is the 3rd of 3.

Presume Matip starts

Presume Matip starts

Yeah. He was in the training pictures Thursday night.

He was meant to start against Spurs too but it was a late omission by the sounds of things.

I would guess, if that team is true, the tactic is for the likes of Minamino to use his energy to keep running at Palace defenders & midfield and to try create space for others.

And then when Palace defenders are tired, hit them with a fresh Salah. The defenders don't usually have 3 games in a week. Those last 20 minutes will be the worst they've had this season. They played 20 mins on Wednesday night with 10 men too, so that extra bit of running there.

Reports in Italy that Inter are willing to pay €15m for Gini in January lol

Also Brighton's Yves Bissouma being looked at as Gini's replacement according to Julien Laurens. £30m price tag on him.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4267544/liverpool-track-yves-bissouma-as-wijnaldum-replacement-sources

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I would guess, if that team is true, the tactic is for the likes of Minamino to use his energy to keep running at Palace defenders & midfield and to try create space for others.

And then when Palace defenders are tired, hit them with a fresh Salah. The defenders don't usually have 3 games in a week. Those last 20 minutes will be the worst they've had this season. They played 20 mins on Wednesday night with 10 men too, so that extra bit of running there.

Minamino just plays the safe pass all the time lately . Seems to have no confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Minamino just plays the safe pass all the time lately . Seems to have no confidence.

Totally. And also rarely moved having passed, rarely makes the type of penetrative run that drags defenders where they don't want to go. Doesn't create space. Just very meh. And I've only ever seen him make one tackle.....

Roma's Brazilian CB Ibanez who is on loan from Atalanta is the latest CB linked to the club.

The last two signings from Roma turned out to be alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

12:30 early ko at Palace, I'd take a draw tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Charlie19 wrote: »
    12:30 early ko at Palace, I'd take a draw tbh.

Never. Not before kick off.
    I consider the draw when 2-0 down at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Never. Not before kick off.
    I consider the draw when 2-0 down at half time.

I'm trying to bring back the jink:)

Or is it double jink?
    Jinkception

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Or is it double jink?
    Jinkception

Did you invent a word or is that the next Brazilian wonderkid Real Madrid are going to sign before he even hits puberty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Minamino can't start yet made of glass Keita can?

Different issues... ones just straight out not playing well, while the other plays very well when fit - it’s just hard to keep him fit. If Keita’s fit enough to play, he’s an easy inclusion to give some of the other midfielders a break.
    I'd be curious to see how Taki and Origi could link up. I think they could compliment each other quite well at the very least for 45 mins.

They’ve not linked up terribly well in their time on the pitch together so far this season.. had 70 minutes together the other week against Danish opposition, which didn’t amount to much. Definitely wouldn’t be starting both in the league - one or the other to give one of the mainstays a break.

Origi unfortunately looks just about done at the club, he’s lost his appetite entirely over the past year.. that proposed Wolves move would be great for him.

Salah’s started a loooot of games in a row now, so can see some sense to giving Minanino a start against Palace, and then bringing Mo on for the last half hour. Tak’s form is a real worry though, he’s not even trying to do the things they bought him for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Roma's Brazilian CB Ibanez who is on loan from Atalanta is the latest CB linked to the club.

The last two signings from Roma turned out to be alright.

Lets not forget Doni...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »
    Did you invent a word or is that the next Brazilian wonderkid Real Madrid are going to sign before he even hits puberty?

Pretty sure that word was here before in the days of jinx, double jinx, reversed jinx, inverted jinx, crossed jinx etc
    There was a big crowd of sale on here once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Reports in Italy that Inter are willing to pay €15m for Gini in January lol

Also Brighton's Yves Bissouma being looked at as Gini's replacement according to Julien Laurens. £30m price tag on him.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4267544/liverpool-track-yves-bissouma-as-wijnaldum-replacement-sources

15m for Gini? In January?

Have they met Michael Edwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

DrumSteve wrote: »

It'll be 45 million our way plus 3 players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

DrumSteve wrote: »

Did he ever sign a contract extension ? If not, is he a free agent next year. He could go for 15m yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Totally. And also rarely moved having passed, rarely makes the type of penetrative run that drags defenders where they don't want to go. Doesn't create space. Just very meh. And I've only ever seen him make one tackle.....

I think the opposite tbh, he has a touch of the Borini's about him with his movement, especially in the last game he played, he was making lots of great runs but either wasn't seen or the ball wasn't passed to him at all. He has obviously done very very little for Liverpool but I'd say making some decent runs has been his best attribute, still obv nowhere near enough of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Or is it double jink?
    Jinkception

Reverse jinx with a twist of lemon (we come from 2-0 down at half time to win 3-2 with a dodgy last minute VAR goal to make Jose bitter)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I think the opposite tbh, he has a touch of the Borini's about him with his movement, especially in the last game he played, he was making lots of great runs but either wasn't seen or the ball wasn't passed to him at all. He has obviously done very very little for Liverpool but I'd say making some decent runs has been his best attribute, still obv nowhere near enough of course.

We were watching different games then! Stood around, stood off, passed backwards. He's made very few runs of late, used to do so more.

We were watching different games then! Stood around, stood off, passed backwards. He's made very few runs of late, used to do so more.

Ok, I may have over sold it a bit, but he definitely made 2 or 3 good runs and I was screaming for him to be played in. Was quite excited when we signed him too, but it just hasn't worked, nor does it look like it will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,693 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Lets not forget Doni...

Yes, but all 3 are negated by Alberto Aquaman Aquilani. Triple AAA but was always flat.

Doni laid the foundations for Allison.

• Advertisement

Salah is indeed benched.

I remember a game this time last year where Klopp rung the changes at home to Everton. Lovren, Milner, Shaqiri, Lallan, Origi all started. Fans were not happy with the teamsheet. The fresh legs of Liverpool put 5 past Everton. The fans were happy after that!

Keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nothing says yer squad is stretched like 2 goalies on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The team leak was right again. They’d want to sort that.

Yup, plumber required to fix that leak. Shouldn't be happening.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Nothing says yer squad is stretched like 2 goalies on the bench

Shame we don't have 5 subs to use, could've brought them both on.

• Advertisement

This match is going to be tough AF

Shame we don't have 5 subs to use, could've brought them both on.

Could you bring a goalie on as a sub but play him in a different position? We’ll never know but Adrian could be a No. 10? Try him in place of Minamino? Might be a good target man for headers?

Vicxas wrote: »
    This match is going to be tough AF

But we’ll win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Could you bring a goalie on as a sub but play him in a different position? We’ll never know but Adrian could be a No. 10? Try him in place of Minamino? Might be a good target man for headers?

Remember David James came on up front for city

Last 3 trips to Selhurst Park:

Firmino winner 85th minute 2-1
    Mane goal 93rd minute 2-0
    Salah winner 84th minute 2-1

Maybe Klopp and the team see Palace tiring late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Last 3 trips to Selhurst Park:

Firmino winner 85th minute 2-1
    Mane goal 93rd minute 2-0
    Salah winner 84th minute 2-1

Maybe Klopp and the team see Palace tiring late.

Specially after 3 games in 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Salah comming on could be important. Think it will be tight. He could decide it for us..hopefully mane gets a goal. Think he needs one badly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I would love an easy 4-0 win, won't get it though. Any kind of a scraped win will do, considering our away form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Klopp not keeping any secrets in the interview about bringing Salah on fresh to make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

2 goalkeepers on the bench? Have we that few players available?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Hard to distinguish the jerseys with sun and camera angle...maybe I’m getting old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Taki taki taki!

TAKIII!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

What a brilliant goal.

Great feet from Mini

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement