Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

What a fine player Curtis Jones looks to be, early days i wasnt sure but the last few games he has shown his quality.
    Comfortable off both feet, super composed in possession, can play a pass and just glides over the ground effortlessly.
    No wonder Klopp said and has delivered on his promise that he was ready for more first team action.
    The lad is only going to get better now with games, with Nico improving too and Kelleher getting games and showing his worth suddenly yet again Klopp not going mad in the transfer windows seems very wise.

Remember the summer we bought nobody new we went on to win the league, in Klopp we trust!

Get a few back from injury, get Thiago playing [hes a genius] and tie Gini down to a contract and things will look good then we can look forward to return VVD and Gomez.

Amazon was impressive. I hope they bid and take a lot of the next offerings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

6 wrote: »
    The just did it over chat for me. Didn’t need to provide uk address.

I was on chat and he asked me to put in an address myself! Might try it again when there isn't a match on and they're probably waiting for it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I read that Tyldesley and Mc Coist were on Amazon commentating, seems like a pretty good duo tbf. Must try and sort it out for the next game as my missus does have prime, but no sign of the game on there, it does seem stupid that you have to call/chat to them, to sort it out to watch.

Have a lot of time for Clive Tyldesley since he was let go. Listened to him on some podcasts.

He was good last night too, their coverage overall was very good. I didn't actually know the Scottish colour commentator was Ally McCoist until after the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Actually Neco deserves a lot of credit ,

He got himself booked very early last night and against some really good players he kept his head on it and didn't put a foot wrong a very assured performance form him ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Actually Neco deserves a lot of credit ,

He got himself booked very early last night and against some really good players he kept his head on it and didn't put a foot wrong a very assured performance form him ,

Agreed, I was raging when he got the yellow and expected him to be still flying into challenges and to pick up the red, but he stayed composed and played very well, not easy when you have that behemoth Traore running at you!

Nijmegen wrote: »
    I was on chat and he asked me to put in an address myself! Might try it again when there isn't a match on and they're probably waiting for it :D

The first person I was on to didn't have a clue what I was talking about, and spent 30 mins over and back :rolleyes:

2nd person had it done in 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Dcully wrote: »
    Anything to avoid listening to Kenny Cunningham spouting rubbish for 90 minutes.

Cunningham had the absolute temerity to predict a Wolves 3-2 win last night before the match, it wasn't the wildest prediction ever but Liverpool losing at home is as rare as rocking horse droppings at this stage.

Agreed, I was raging when he got the yellow and expected him to be still flying into challenges and to pick up the red, but he stayed composed and played very well, not easy when you have that behemoth Traore running at you!

I think we where all thinking the same ,
    Its strange Matip & Fabhino seem to be very calming , Id go as far to say both have impressed me more than Gomez who is also brilliant and young

Without sounding like Fergie Neco got a really recognisable running style anyone notice it,

He's doing really well recently so credit to him ,

Cunningham had the absolute temerity to predict a Wolves 3-2 win last night before the match, it wasn't the wildest prediction ever but Liverpool losing at home is as rare as rocking horse droppings at this stage.

He's a United fan ,
    He comes out with some bizarre stuff about Liverpool ,
    Saying Thaigo was a poor player & we shouldn't have bought (before the injur)
    Claiming Klopp was making subs that would ruin dressing room harmony ,

He's a strange man ,

• Advertisement

Its strange Matip & Fabhino seem to be very calming , Id go as far to say both have impressed me more than Gomez who is also brilliant and young

Yeah im onboard with this, Joe is rapid fast and depends on that pace a little too much for my liking.

Yeah im onboard with this, Joe is rapid fast and depends on that pace a little too much for my liking.

Your probably spot on ,
    I do wonder does Klopp think that the ability of Joe being able to hold a higher line makes it easier for our midfield and forwards as the game is more compressed

He seemed set on us holding a very high line again this season until the injuries to Joe and VVD,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

1st

For the Champions of England the word.

FYP

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Your probably spot on ,
    I do wonder does Klopp think that the ability of Joe being able to hold a higher line makes it easier for our midfield and forwards as the game is more compressed

He seemed set on us holding a very high line again this season until the injuries to Joe and VVD,

Definitely, Joe would look a lot more comfortable sitting deeper but VVD and Gomez are preferred for their ability to push high. Not the players fault, management decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Win 4-0 - Check
    Kelleher Starts, keeps clean sheet - Check
    Joint Top of the League - Check
    New Thread - Check
    Champions - Check

200.gif

Don't mention the war! I think we did once but we got away with it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

He's a United fan ,

He's a strange man ,

He fcuking hates Fabinho with a passion too for whatever reason :pac: :confused:

He's said he doesn't rate him as a DM.

He's said he thinks Hendo is a better CB than him.

He said before we played City before that Fabinho wouldn't have it as easy as he did against Villa, Fabinho wasn't even playing in the game against Villa :O

He also made some other ridiculous comment along the lines of us being better without him, but at the time he said it we were unbeaten in every game that Fabinho had played in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

gimli2112 wrote: »
    you can just put them on ignore by clicking on their username, unless you have me on ignore and then someone else will have to tell you
    it's a fantastic feature

LOL!!, thanks, I've never had anyone on ignore before but I think I'll be using it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I don't think Gomez instill calmness and confidence in the team, he certainly doesn't with me anyway

DVDM93 wrote: »
    He fcuking hates Fabinho with a passion too for whatever reason :pac: :confused:

Probably because he's played CB less than 10 times is better than Kenny who spent a lifetime trying to master it ,:D

Oh by the way he said Thiago's lack of defensive ability is why he is not good enough,, He had more tackles ,recovers and interceptions than any top DM in the whole of Europe last season ,

Probably because he's played CB less than 10 times is better than Kenny who spent a lifetime trying to master it ,:D

I've edited my post since & have put in examples, have a look.

It's very unusual behaviour.

• Advertisement

Oh by the way he said Thiago's lack of defensive ability is why he is not good enough,, He had more tackles ,recovers and interceptions than any top DM in the whole of Europe last season ,

https://twitter.com/JamieHolme/status/1307992451936813056?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ikozma wrote: »
    LOL!!, thanks, I've never had anyone on ignore before but I think I'll be using it soon

tbh I haven't had to use it for a while, there used to be a number of tiresome trolls making fake accounts and pretending they were something they weren't or the total fanatics you just couldn't engage with but I must have gotten most of them by now.
    I have no issue with people hating Liverpool and voicing their views, providing they're legitimately held beliefs. It's almost a badge of honour but some take it too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Cunningham is the new Giles. They're like the pro evolution of punditry. They have very little detail of the actual players, just generalisations about players and teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Next couple of games up until the end of December:

Danes (a) 9th of Dec
    Fulham (a) 13th of Dec
    Spurs (h) 16th of Dec
    Palace (a) 19th of Dec
    West Brom (h) 27th of Dec
    Newcastle (a) 30th of Dec

It's a busy period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

He's a United fan ,

He's a strange man ,

A couple of weeks back Kenny solemnly opined that Henderson would be better at centre-half than Fabinho, backing up that view with no tangible explanation. He's just a well-paid troll and he knows it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Next couple of games up until the end of December:

Danes (a) 9th of Dec
    Fulham (a) 13th of Dec
    Spurs (h) 16th of Dec
    Palace (a) 19th of Dec
    West Brom (h) 27th of Dec
    Newcastle (a) 30th of Dec

It's a busy period.

Nice break after Palace game though, and having a home game on 27th is also nice.

garra wrote: »
    A couple of weeks back Kenny solemnly opined that Henderson would be better at centre-half than Fabinho, backing up that view with no tangible explanation. He's just a well-paid troll and he knows it.

You may be giving him too much credit there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

Nijmegen wrote: »
    I'm getting an aunties address in the UK or something and switching my Prime Video account over before the Spurs game.

I told the Amazon helpdesk I live in NI (gave them the Bessbrook Orange Hall address in Newry :D ) but work for a company in Dublin hence my debit card address is RoI as my employer is RoI. CSR didn't bat an eyelid and switched my Prime Account to UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

eigrod wrote: »
    Nice break after Palace game though, and having a home game on 27th is also nice.

Yes, the advantage of being out of the League Cup. I think those ties are Dec 22nd.

• Advertisement

Cunningham is the new Giles. They're like the pro evolution of punditry. They have very little detail of the actual players, just generalisations about players and teams.

That's pretty harsh on Giles!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have a feeling the way results have gone since VVD and Gomez got injured they won’t buy a CB in January now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I have a feeling the way results have gone since VVD and Gomez got injured they won’t buy a CB in January now.

They'll have to - if only as cover. Neither VVD nor Gomez is going to be back until the Spring - at the earliest - and it only takes one more injury at the wrong time for everything to go tits up.

They'll have to - if only as cover. Neither VVD nor Gomez is going to be back until the Spring - at the earliest - and it only takes one more injury at the wrong time for everything to go tits up.

Yes but Philips and Williams have also done when when called upon, both surprising me to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

TBH, I'd still look to be getting one CB in. I thought it was needed pre-season, so it's even more prominent now.

An extra CB would alleviate a lot of injury worries in the squad in CB and CM by allowing Fabinho push forward if needed.

Yeah ofcourse we would all love a new quality CB im merely pointing out up to now we have coped very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Klopp is all about using the club/squad resources available to him, and he's not interested in bringing someone in when he has the entire squad at his disposal.

What message do you think its sending to all the other academy kids, when they see their mates from the academy playing games in the Champions League & Premier League... Stepping Up to the senior squad because Klopp believe's their good enough (And they f****ng well are good enough, because we won our CL group with a game to spare, and are joint top of the League...)

Someone good with stats know how many Academy players have started either a CL or PL for Liverpool in the last few seasons?

This season alone, Kelleher, Jones, Neco Williams, Rhys Williams, Trent (established 1st teamer, but still came from the academy) who am I missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah ofcourse we would all love a new quality CB im merely pointing out up to now we have coped very well.

Yes, I would largely agree.

I have liked Rhys Williams. I like the way he has a bit of confidence about him, and on the ball, and hasn't looked phased by the step up from National League North to Champions League. He was poor for one of the Atalanta goals, but we can put that down to both inexperience and the whole team was off it that night. You can see that there is a long term ability in him with aerial play due to his height and also passing ability on the ground. He seems to have mobility and a bit of pace also.

I had hoped to see Rhys get some more game time in the PL but Klopp doesn't seem to want to include him in the league at all. I'm not sure if that is because of style, ability, or even just plain physicality and he feels that Rhys isn't strong enough to face the rough and tumble PL strikers yet.

On the other hand, the few games that Philips has played, he has played well to be fair to him. But to me, he is that bit more limited. And he is also a few years older so the scope for improvement is smaller. The West Ham game suited him down to the ground so made him look better. Balls in the box - head the ball away and ask questions later. I think there is a distinct lack of pace or acceleration in Philip's game, and the passing ability is also missing. He got dragged out of position by Brighton too easily too. Certain games will suit him, like West Ham, and I won't mind him playing games like this short term but long term I would prefer someone more suited to the team.

I only see the club signing a CB if they can get a target they had already planned to get next summer.

Klopp in the 5 years at the club has never signed a player for a short term goal, he has in the past used the squad to cover injuries.

Ok he did Caulker on loan in his very first transfer window and he used him for a total of 3 minutes in 3 PL games and he played one full FA Cup game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

54and56 wrote: »
    I told the Amazon helpdesk I live in NI (gave them the Bessbrook Orange Hall address in Newry :D ) but work for a company in Dublin hence my debit card address is RoI as my employer is RoI. CSR didn't bat an eyelid and switched my Prime Account to UK.

Will your Xmas presents from Amazon now be delivered to the Orange Order?

• Advertisement

garra wrote: »
    Will your Xmas presents from Amazon now be delivered to the Orange Order?

Nah, you can have a load of Prime delivery addresses if you want, they don't bother checking those. My main Prime Delivery address is Dublin plus the Parcel Motel address in Newry.

For Prime Video I couldn't automatically change my location from Ireland to UK as they define your location by the address you have for your debit/credit card which is something they can actually verify hence I had to call them with the makey uppey story and address in NI. I was ready with a whole spiel about crossing the border daily and how I was hoping Brexit wasn't going to put me out of a job blah blah blah but the agent didn't bat an eyelid, she accepted my story and just switched my location to the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think getting a CB may lie in Leipzig's game Tuesday.

They get knocked out they lose out on a lot of CL money up to 20m iirc.

But who knows all the talk of Upamecano or Konate could be a smokescreen.
    Jota came out of nowhere. Fabinho too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

MD1990 wrote: »

We almost never do the obvious thing. Keita is probably the last example of that, and it has't worked out oddly enough. Virgil too?

Thiago, Ox, Fab, Ali, Salah, Mane, Taki, Jota, Kostas were all largely surprises...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A loan deal Shirley for a CB is way to go. We just need numbers, not a superstar signing.

If Ajax don't make it through then we're signing Perr Schuurs, you heard it here first.

RB could do with striker and Liverpool Legend Origi could do with a fresh start at another club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

RB could do with striker and Liverpool Legend Origi could do with a fresh start at another club.

I dont think Origi is getting another big club from one of the top 5 european leagues.

wednesday is a big game for Minamino too.
    He has talent but he has not played well in the PL or CL for us in his gametime.

He isnt far off a year at the club & he doesnt look to be improving like Robertson,Ox & Fabinho did in particular. Im not sure he has the body strength needed for our level.

A loan deal Shirley for a CB is way to go. We just need numbers, not a superstar signing.

You can't be serious?!

I dont think Origi is getting another big club from one of the top 5 european leagues.

wednesday is a big game for Minamino too.
    He has talent but he has not played well in the PL or CL for us in his gametime.

He isnt far off a year at the club & he doesnt look to be improving like Robertson,Ox & Fabinho did in particular. Im not sure he has the body strength needed for our level.

Bang on on Origi ,
    Its crazy he gets any game time with us now he literally has zero strong points ,

He'll end up in Belgium or some French side, still can't believe we didn't sell him after the champions league win

Really want it to happen for Takki but just doesn't seem to be working out ,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement