Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I remember beating Palace 9 0. Think it was in 88 or 89 in the fa cup. This current crop has to be considered on a par with that legendary team.

It was 1990. The worst thing about that was that we could have beaten utd in the final, ferguson would have been sacked, and we'd have saved a lot of misery. It was a real sliding doors moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Our 9-0 win against Palace was in the lge, they then beat us in Cup semi final 4-3 with non other then the great Alan pardew getting the winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Ikozma wrote: »
    Our 9-0 win against Palace was in the lge, they then beat us in Cup semi final 4-3 with non other then the great Alan pardew getting the winner

Ah good memory man. They were heady times to be a young liverpool fan, but little did we know how many barren years lay ahead. More the reason to enjoy this present day team so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

How big Sam is even allowed to manage a Sunday lge team is beyond me after the carry on he pulled when manager of england

He used to fawn over Ferguson and was very anti-us, I believe, as a result. Always disliked him. Probably not a nasty person but that's the view I have of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

mosstin wrote: »
    Glad to see we can call Allardyce this without being carded - fair play mods. Allardyce is a complete Conte in my opinion.

And I'm not Sarri about saying it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Charlie19 wrote: »
    12:30 early ko at Palace, I'd take a draw tbh.

this one hasn't aged well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

martyos121 wrote: »
    A picture speaks a thousand words. :)

EpZDo8fXUAAMHqO?format=jpg&name=medium

Happy Sunday :-)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    this one hasn't aged well :)

Or pretty much all the comments from our opener to Mane's goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Saw the highlights again on MOTD this morning and have to say that I'm liking the black jersey. I predict a cheeky buy this morning....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Looking at firminio's two goals and Minaminos running in the lead up to them he drags the defenders away creating the space for firminio to run into

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

While we were great, I'm struggling to think of a worse opponent we have ever played ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

I think Rush had us 1-0 up but went off injured gave Palace a big lift plus some shambolic defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Looking at firminio's two goals and Minaminos running in the lead up to them he drags the defenders away creating the space for firminio to run into

He's doing for Bobby that which Bobby doeth for others. And we are all blinded by the light from Bobbys gob as a result.

I have to say that MOTD were effusive in praise of that performance, and rightly so. I'm still laughing at Sadios begrudgingly accepting face while watching Mo bag a couple of handy ones. He only ever gets upset when not allowed to feast on the carcass of a fallen prey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

We are an exceptional side with an exceptional manager. I love it.

Are fans still allowed in Anfield for the next game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

robwen wrote: »
    Are fans still allowed in Anfield for the next game?

Liverpool, Everton, Brighton and Southampton only PL clubs allowed fans currently

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Wouldn't be shocked if that's changed by the 27th though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

ebbsy wrote: »
    While we were great, I'm struggling to think of a worse opponent we have ever played ?

That's mad, Ted. Palace weren't even the worst team we've played this season, never mind ever. If they'd been a bit more clinical, who knows what effect a goal back would have had on us. Even Henderson admitted that we were sloppy afterwards. It was a day when everything we hit went in but Palace aren't as bad as the result may have made them look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It was too soon for fans, great to see and we all want it, but ffs it was stupid, and I expect it will be back to no fans very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

mayordenis wrote: »
    Wouldn't be shocked if that's changed by the 27th though

Next review is the 30th.

• Advertisement

It was a day when everything we hit went in but Palace aren't as bad as the result may have made them look.

Nor were we as bad as the 2-7 result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I think it’s gonna go seriously tits up in the UK. What do people think about the likelihood of them ending the league early or null agus void.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    I think it’s gonna go seriously tits up in the UK. What do people think about the likelihood of them ending the league early or null agus void.

Don't think null and void will happen. But it could be something stupid like the league stops, starts again, stops so the euros can happen, then finishes in August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Spurs in bother, or will VAR save them?

Can't decide what I want from this game, maybe a draw or a win for the second best manager in the league, good old B-rod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Brendan Rodgers to get the win that lays the foundations for another Liverpool title, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

It was too soon for fans, great to see and we all want it, but ffs it was stupid, and I expect it will be back to no fans very soon.

I kind of reluctantly agree, what's even worse is 1500 people looking like they're sitting in a section of about 5/6000 seats, in a 53,000 seater stadium.

Steyr 556 wrote: »

Wasn't it agreed that if it had to be ended, that as long as 50% of games were completed that the placings would stand. I'd imagine all teams would need equal games played tho.

Goals goals goals goals goals goals goals:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Bobby really is a special combination of tenacity and flair:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Even when he's not trying:

giphy.gif

His long-legged tackles are one thing, he had plenty of those as a midfielder too, but moments like this from Fab are so impressive when you think he's only been playing as a CB for a couple months:

giphy.gif

Alisson is so sharp, it's one thing to anticipate a long pass and get there before the attacker, but this is a massive deflection that could go anywhere and yet he's still there in time to cut it out:

giphy.gif

Love these moments where Gini just decides no one else gets to touch the ball:

giphy.gif

Yeah, me too:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

That 3rd goal makes me wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Makes me hard,u single, female :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Moistin.

We broke Spurs last week. Two pressure games and they crumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

6 wrote: »
    We broke Spurs last night week. Two pressure games and they crumble.

If you've got only one tactic that's bound to happen as soon as you come up against teams who have good players and know not to faff about too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

The Everton fans were giddy early doors about possibly winning the league. Then Spurs fans took over, United fans next up!

Spurs go from top to 5th in a matter of days. Top 5 clubs have lost 16 games between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Spurs go from top to 5th in a matter of days. Top 5 clubs have lost 16 games between them.

Joint top ðŸ˜

Had to laugh, Aurier got away with kicking and barging Mane for the 80 minutes he was able to keep up with him on Wednesday night, and continues it today, but a different referee pulls him up and it's a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Crazy that 2nd to 5th lost 15 of those 16 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

I think the next month will stretch the pack out for sure. The bigger squads will probably be sitting 5 or so points ahead of the others by the end of January.

Its been a nice novelty having so many so close up to this point, but i'd be surprised if we don't see the likes of Chelsea, City, United and ourselves with a bit of a cushion by the end of January

Can we vote for Hendo tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Neville and Tyler were gas, so excited. Did their usual, Leeds are an amazing side blah blah Manch United are motoring now.

Whenever they are beating someone it's always a top top side!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Can we vote for Hendo tonight?

Hamilton has that well in the bag

x43r0 wrote: »
    Hamilton has that well in the bag

A joke of a sport - a complete novice nearly won his first race in Hamilton's car if only his normally competent support staff didn't make huge ,"errors" on his car.

Hamilton sees the obvious and insists on taking the last race.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Neville and Tyler were gas, so excited. Did their usual, Leeds are an amazing side blah blah Manch United are motoring now.

Whenever they are beating someone it's always a top top side!

Yea, and kept mentioning ''7'' praying for them to match Liverpools 7 . So obvious and so sad how clear it was.

I see this doing the rounds on Twitter.

His numbers are just amazing.

121 premier league games for Liverpool 120 goals and assists 86 goals and 34 assists.
    Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah came off the bench in the second-half against Crystal Palace at the weekend and bagged himself a quick brace.

These goals have now taken the Egyptian’s contribution rate (G+A) to 0.97 per game – the highest the Premier League has ever seen, slightly ahead of Thierry Henry at 0.96.

I see this doing the rounds on Twitter.

His numbers are just amazing.

Sounds mad to say it but he's genuinely making a case for being one of the greatest to ever do it in the Premier League, he has the stats, he has the individual awards, he has the title(s).

Sounds mad to say it but he's genuinely making a case for being one of the greatest to ever do it in the Premier League, he has the stats, he has the individual awards, he has the title(s).

If he stays, and keeps it up for another 2 full seasons then he'll be the greatest 1 season wonder that the league has ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I think Rush had us 1-0 up but went off injured gave Palace a big lift plus some shambolic defending

4 games that stick in my memory as a young lad were losses that devestated the younger me at the time, the arsenal game at anfield, the Wimbledon final, Wayne Clarke header to stop our unbeaten record, and the Palace 4-3 game

Reports that Liverpool made a €22m bid for Sporting left back Nuno Mendes and it was turned down and they are ready to go back in with a new offer.

His release clause is reported to be €45m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Damien360

4 games that stick in my memory as a young lad were losses that devestated the younger me at the time, the arsenal game at anfield, the Wimbledon final, Wayne Clarke header to stop our unbeaten record, and the Palace 4-3 game

My god you bring back horrible memories. Thomas scoring against us to loose the league when even a 1-0 loss would be ok and then we signed him. Wimbledon FA cup final was a mugging. I think Vinnie Jones was still there. Can’t say I remember Wayne Clarke. And the Palace game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭54and56

Reports that Liverpool made a €22m bid for Sporting left back Nuno Mendes and it was turned down and they are ready to go back in with a new offer.

His release clause is reported to be €45m

Why? Are we not well sorted in that position?

1. Robbo
    2. Greek lad
    3. Millie

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement