Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

54and56 wrote: »
    Why? Are we not well sorted in that position?

1. Robbo
    2. Greek lad
    3. Millie

From what I read he is expected to move to CB as he gets older and matures as a player he's only 18 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

54and56 wrote: »
    Why? Are we not well sorted in that position?

1. Robbo
    2. Greek lad
    3. Millie

Tsimikas must be fooked so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That bbc site is a joke. How on earth do you vote for Hendo?

Charlie19 wrote: »

The Vote isn't open yet to the public.

The Vote isn't open yet to the public.

Ok sound.

The site was sending me around in circles.

Lovely words from Klopp about Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just realised this'll be 3 consecutive Christmas's top of the league!

Vote is open you will need a vpn for the uk

Henderson's odds have been slashed from 7/1 to 10/11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,097 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

robwen wrote: »
    Can we vote for Hendo tonight?

Hopefully! I'm on it at 25/1 & 22/1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Unbearables are more unbearable tonight

Team of the year
    Coach of the year

all we need now is Henderson for the hat trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Charlie19 wrote: »

I couldn't do it for some reason?

Super GoKART maRIO

what a joke. Car does all the work, put any driver in the fastest car and he'll win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Had to be Lewis in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

The rest of England was voting for Lewis, they could not have a Liverpool player as the SPTOY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Looking at firminio's two goals and Minaminos running in the lead up to them he drags the defenders away creating the space for firminio to run into

Nice catch, you can see it in the clips shared by Osmosis. I hope he gets more chances to build on this performance. It must be hard to get limited opportunities and when you do to be played out of position or with the under 23's in a Cup. I think he showed enough against us for Salzburg to show there is a good player there and hopefully he will kick on now.

• Advertisement

Ikozma wrote: »
    Had to be Lewis in fairness

Eh when you have the whole Anti Liverpool Brigade voting against Henderson then it had to be Louie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Super GoKART maRIO

what a joke. Car does all the work, put any driver in the fastest car and he'll win.

Yeah, and while he has done a lot to promote BLM in F1, when it came to racing in countries with questionable human rights records and treatment of minorities he is quiet and will happily accept his paycheck. Easy to be a have an opinion when it doesn't affect you personally, but when it comes to putting up or shutting up he is found wanting and yet he will be praised for his supposed activism.

Next year F1 is supposed to visit Bahrain, China, Abu Dhabi, Brazil, Russia, Saudi Arabia and Hungary. All those countries have terrible human rights records on how they treat people from minority backgrounds. But SPOTY and activist Hamilton will not take a stand if it affects his chance to be champion. (F1 rant over for me)

Back to football, don't you just find it delicious that United's current form in the league will be enough to keep Ole in a job but we all know he is way out of his depth? They have another match midweek while we are off and in the new year they are in the R32 of the Europa League as well. Adding miles to players legs who will have to keep playing. Same goes for all team playing in the Carabao Cup still really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭KevRossi

The vote for Hamilton isn't "anti-Liverpool". The voters have traditionally always favoured F1 drivers over a lot of other sports. F1 has won 8 SPOTY titles, football has only won 5. Only athletics beats F1, tennis has won more than football as well. It's that bizarre that Princess Anne and her daughter have both won it. Football is a team game, so they are less likely to give it to an individual than in other non-team sports.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Glad Klopp got the gong for best manager though after all the flak he got about speaking out about the subs.

Enzokk wrote: »
    Back to football, don't you just find it delicious that United's current form in the league will be enough to keep Ole in a job but we all know he is way out of his depth? They have another match midweek while we are off and in the new year they are in the R32 of the Europa League as well. Adding miles to players legs who will have to keep playing. Same goes for all team playing in the Carabao Cup still really.

I'm at a stage now where I don't even really feel anything when I see Utds results - it's just a piece of information. If they win I don't feel any fear, if they lose I don't really take much joy (well, maybe still a little).

Since we're in a pandemic, a good virus is one that makes someone sick enough to spread itself around a lot, but not so much that it kills the host - a dead host doesn't go around spreading a virus, and a population scared of imminent death will take it more seriously. Ole in a way is like a great virus, from our POV... He's good enough to just about keep his job, but not so good that he'll actually challenge consistently for majors. While it's great to see a manager come in and implode, that opens the door for a potentially better manager. Ole - and to an extent Lamps - are ideal lads to keep potential rivals subdued for as long as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Salah talking to AS is ominous enough lads.

Mentioned he was pissed Trent got captaincy when Hendo and Milner were absent aswell.

He never does interviews either, so it was an interesting development to say the least. Might be solid legs to stories his management want him to play for Real Madrid, 1st Egyptian to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Blanco100 wrote: »

Mentioned he was pissed Trent got captaincy when Hendo and Milner were absent aswell.

He never does interviews either, so it was an interesting development to say the least. Might be solid legs to stories his management want him to play for Real Madrid, 1st Egyptian to do so.

Be mad to see him and Ramos in the same team. I'd nearly say its unthinkable

I do think that this summer is the last time we can get a decent price of Salah so if its going to happen it would be this summer. But I always come back to "who can afford him and would he go there". And maybe I'm wrong but I don't see an obvious move

Just finished Ted Lasso, and there's a nice wee rendition of YNWA towards the end. Also, great show - not really about football, but its overwhelming positivity is a great tonic for "these unprecidented times".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Blanco100 wrote: »

What, or who, is AS?

What, or who, is AS?

AS is a major Spanish sports paper. Here's the interview;
    https://en.as.com/en/2020/12/19/football/1608337060_026566.html

It's far less incendiary than the few plucked quotes suggest, and really just seems to say that he just wants a bigger contract - which, as probably the most consistently fit and effective forward around, is fair enough. Asked about how long he'll stay at the club he said; "That's a tough one, but right now I can say that everything is in the club's hands. Of course I want to break records here and, I repeat, every record in the club, but everything's in the hands of the club."

Asked directly about the last CL game, and him not being captain he said; "Honestly, I was very disappointed. I was expecting to be the captain... but it's a manager's decision, so I accept it."

I'm not entirely sure why he felt he was going to be captain though - Klopp has always given the captaincy to the longest serving player when the 4 designated captains (Hendo, Milner, Van Dijk, and Gini) aren't playing. It's rare, but it's what he always does. And it's what he always did before VDV and Gini were nominated as 3rd and 4th. It's been a very clear policy throughout Klopp's time at LFC. Trent as an academy graduate was next in line by these fairly consistent rules. If anything, I would see it as a positive that something like that matters to Salah. But it does sound like there was perhaps a ****-up in communication somehow, that raised his hopes of being captain and then dashed them. Maybe they should swap him into VDV's position for the year or something.

As for the stuff about him joining Madrid or Barca, he was asked directly about joining them and gave a fairly generic answer; "I think Madrid and Barcelona are top clubs... We never know what is going to happen in the future, but right now I'm focused on winning the Premier League and the Champions League again with my club."

It's almost 2 and a half years since his last contract extension - in which time he's won a second golden boot, the premier league, and the champions league. This article reads as "pay me". Can't say he's wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    AS is a major Spanish sports paper. Here's the interview;
    https://en.as.com/en/2020/12/19/football/1608337060_026566.html

It's far less incendiary than the few plucked quotes suggest, and really just seems to say that he just wants a bigger contract - which, as probably the most consistently fit and effective forward around, is fair enough. Asked about how long he'll stay at the club he said; "That's a tough one, but right now I can say that everything is in the club's hands. Of course I want to break records here and, I repeat, every record in the club, but everything's in the hands of the club."

Asked directly about the last CL game, and him not being captain he said; "Honestly, I was very disappointed. I was expecting to be the captain... but it's a manager's decision, so I accept it."

I'm not entirely sure why he felt he was going to be captain though - Klopp has always given the captaincy to the longest serving player when the 4 designated captains (Hendo, Milner, Van Dijk, and Gini) aren't playing. It's rare, but it's what he always does. And it's what he always did before VDV and Gini were nominated as 3rd and 4th. It's been a very clear policy throughout Klopp's time at LFC. Trent as an academy graduate was next in line by these fairly consistent rules. If anything, I would see it as a positive that something like that matters to Salah. But it does sound like there was perhaps a ****-up in communication somehow, that raised his hopes of being captain and then dashed them. Maybe they should swap him into VDV's position for the year or something.

As for the stuff about him joining Madrid or Barca, he was asked directly about joining them and gave a fairly generic answer; "I think Madrid and Barcelona are top clubs... We never know what is going to happen in the future, but right now I'm focused on winning the Premier League and the Champions League again with my club."

It's almost 2 and a half years since his last contract extension - in which time he's won a second golden boot, the premier league, and the champions league. This article reads as "pay me". Can't say he's wrong.

Cheers mate. And yeah, I'd agree. He isnt saying I'm walking out the door, but at the same time he has to think of his interests and get the best contract he can. Really, he has been amazing for us this year. I'm glad he's pissed that he wasn't captain or when he gets subbed or saido being pissed coming off when we are 4 up. Shows how competitive they are and that they want to score and achieve big things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Salah and Sadio are two of the most competitive freaks I've ever seen. Mo's all smiles always but there's a constant intensity about him, Sadio smiles a lot until something happens that makes him very unsmiley.

Just saw the Spurs result, it's mad we were joint top with them last week and now they are something like 6th. I need to search the web now and find out who Jose threw under the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Injury hit, not having the rub of the green with VAR decisions. Rotten away form.

4 points clear at Xmas.

The Mighty Reds the league champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Salahs numbers are astonishing,his pay should reflect it,there isn't anyone not replace him unless we get mbappe or haaland.

Christ I'm having a difficult time accepting Manchester United as the plucky underdogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Salahs numbers are astonishing,his pay should reflect it,there isn't anyone not replace him unless we get mbappe or haaland.

Haaland will flop with his next big move (£100million+).

His game is about goals, all round game isn't hectic. Don't think he'd be a fit at Liverpool.

Mbappe on the other hand would slot right into our front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,278 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Absolutely but on the flip side I don’t think it’s foregone that he reproduces this form in another set up .

Totally agree on the point the ole just enough to keep him there but he will keep them in this purgatory !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Christ I'm having a difficult time accepting Manchester United as the plucky underdogs.

Anyone that seriously tried to even think about suggesting this should be forced to watch Mighty Ducks 10 times in a row.

It's just with the crazy season we may be faced with who we'd like to see win it more Jose or Utd? I'm a worrier.
    I think it might be time to get over my fear of sky diving, swimming with sharks and heroin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It's just with the crazy season we may be faced with who we'd like to see win it more Jose or Utd? I'm a worrier.
    I think it might be time to get over my fear of sky diving, swimming with sharks and heroin.

Jose easily

I know this is kind of a tired/lazy opinion, but I still think its gonna be only City and Liverpool by around the start of February.

Oh, and Jose, obviously. The longer Utd fans go without the title, the more hilarious it is that they still can't see the parallels between them and 90's Liverpool fans.

I did see (what I'm calling) a Lampard apologist on Sky Sports pushing the narrative that while Chelsea have the strongest squad in the division it is not made up of winners like Liverpool and City.
    More plucky underdogs.
    We win one title in 30 years and become unbearable unbeatable

We win one title in 30 years and become unbearable unbeatable

It's amazing what that title win has done to my mindframe, any other year where we were top at Christmas and looking to challenge and I'd be freaking out before every game. Now I'm completely relaxed and just expecting to win it.

It is a nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Just finished Ted Lasso, and there's a nice wee rendition of YNWA towards the end. Also, great show - not really about football, but its overwhelming positivity is a great tonic for "these unprecidented times".

Yep, saw it a while back. Thoroughly agree with your review. Another season on the way too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

It's delusional to not factor United in, and at the same time suggest City are our only real threat. Best form in the league, 5 points back with a game in hand having, and by most accounts, not been playing well at all. Plus a huge squad. And no meaningful European commitments. I'd have City and United as joint biggest challengers.

I'd have City and United as joint biggest challengers.

Good job, I see what you're doing. But, you need to post in the Gen or Man U thread for best effect. Olé at the wheel!

I'll be shocked if City either don't finish 2nd or win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

City will spend in Jan and finish in the Top 2 with us, the rest are just pretenders. United and Ole won't handle the pressure of a challenge, they still cant break down teams at home who sit deep. They also have to play us twice yet.

Salah wants to play out his skin and get a move winning another league in the process he can go. I don't worry about players leaving anymore as long as we have Klopp. Mind you, they are stone broke those Spanish clubs

I refuse to believe that a team with Maguire/Lindelof at CB is challenging for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

rob316 wrote: »
    City will spend in Jan and finish in the Top 2 with us, the rest are just pretenders. United and Ole won't handle the pressure of a challenge, they still cant break down teams at home who sit deep. They also have to play us twice yet.

Salah wants to play out his skin and get a move winning another league in the process he can go. I don't worry about players leaving anymore as long as we have Klopp. Mind you, they are stone broke those Spanish clubs

This gets said every window about City but it doesn't happen.

Money is not always the solution as Liverpool have shown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Markitron wrote: »
    I refuse to believe that a team with Maguire/Lindelof at CB is challenging for anything.

They have been good away from home but up to yesterday against a leeds side who left them play as they wanted, there sole home win was against West Brom.

rob316 wrote: »
    They have been good away from home but up to yesterday against a leeds side who left them play as they wanted, there sole home win was against West Brom.

Exactly. If people are going to hold up their away form as a reason they can challenge, then their home form is an equally valid reason as to why they can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Utd have a decent squad, if they get a good manager in there who can gel them together they'll challenge. Don't think it'll be this year, but they may be a lot closer next year.

If Utd and City win this week they play in the LC semis on 5/6 Jan, meaning they have little rest over the next few weeks. Added to that, Solskjaer is under pressure to win something and may also target the FA Cup, so they should put out a strong team for that on Jan 9th against Watford and against another opponent around Jan 23/24th, so they could be playing 4 matches more than us over the next 5 weeks.

That will make or break them. I reckon they won't keep the tempo up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Their record against the top teams is terrible

6-1 defeat v Spurs
    0-0 v Chelsea
    1-0 defeat v Arsenal
    0-0 v City

Flat track bullies. You can't win it unless you beat the other title challengers (and Arsenal!)

Dickerty wrote: »
    Flat track bullies. You can't win it unless you beat the other title challengers (and Arsenal!)

Wonder how long it will be until the big 6 become the fab 5, back when it was the top 4 it was unthinkable that Arsenal would drop out of that group.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement