Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Nijmegen wrote: »
    I'm getting an aunties address in the UK or something and switching my Prime Video account over before the Spurs game.

Don't bother , I have on a dual sim phone ( one ni, one roi) and still couldn't watch it in the north on a northern wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

RB could do with striker and Liverpool Legend Origi could do with a fresh start at another club.

Hwang hee Chan is there and I think he is class.

I honestly think we missed a beat there not going for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bang on on Origi ,
    Its crazy he gets any game time with us now he literally has zero strong points ,

He'll end up in Belgium or some French side, still can't believe we didn't sell him after the champions league win

Really want it to happen for Takki but just doesn't seem to be working out ,

For Origi, it’s up to him really. He has the technical ability and physicality to be brilliant, and we see it every so often when he’s arsed - like Arsenal in the cup and Everton in the league last year - but he looks too lethargic too often. Maybe part of that is him having no chance of being part of the regular starting lineup as he’s just the wrong type of player to ever fit.

If he was hungry for it, he’s well worth a spot in any of the top leagues though. His goals per minutes is still pretty impressive. I really hope he does get the fire back with a move somewhere with an attack that fits him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

cj maxx wrote: »
    Don't bother , I have on a dual sim phone ( one ni, one roi) and still couldn't watch it in the north on a northern wifi

Worked fine for me. Did you get your account recognised as a UK account? You need to talk to customer care to sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Goals:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Some really nice passing plays:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

So many of our counter attacks are triggered by Henderson making the right pass to spring the attack, as seen in Gini's goal above and these two instances here:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Salah really never stops, it's how he gets so many goals like his one from this game, just non-stop running. Look at him at the top of the frame here, just bombing around on the off-chance someone wants to pick him out:

giphy.gif

Another great showing from Kelleher:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Fun Bobby is back:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Well there goes any goodwill the young Liverpool lad had in this stadium. What really bothers me about this incident is that what if Mane's toe actually did graze one of Coady's studs? The ref would've watched the close up replay, seen the contact, and given a penalty, despite the fact that Coady was throwing himself to the ground regardless and the most minimal of contact wouldn't have changed anything about that:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was Coady booked for the dive?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He wasn't, you can clearly see Gini and Robbo asking the ref why he wasn't booked too

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

If a perfect hat trick is left foot, right foot and header then we scored the perfect 4 goals ( a quad?) last night. That is forward, midfielder, defender and O.G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

My take is if you cant review a yellow card offence with VAR so they must not be allowed to give a yellow card with VAR

But didnt Fred get a yellow card againt PSG with the help of VAR so im not sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The goals are not there yet, but there has been a somewhat renaissance of Bobby's form. The pressing, passing, knitting things together, flair moves Bobby seems to be coming back. He's on the right trajectory anyways.

https://twitter.com/TimBolton01/status/1335935836450414592?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Someone good with stats know how many Academy players have started either a CL or PL for Liverpool in the last few seasons?

This season alone, Kelleher, Jones, Neco Williams, Rhys Williams, Trent (established 1st teamer, but still came from the academy) who am I missing?

Nat Phillips too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭RonanG86

8-10 wrote: »
    Nat Phillips too

Nitpicking, but he's not really an Academy player. He was 19 when he joined.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cool story, but he is a 92 year old, and the 2m rule in the Kop was more of a 30 inch rule. not sure why it was allowed to pack them all in one area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Enzokk

The only thing I can think of is that he anticipated contact and went down due to that and it wasn't a dive in the traditional sense where the player goes down looking to fool the referee. If that makes sense.

This is not my view, I think he should have been booked for a dive because he didn't once tell the referee there was no contact, so he was trying to deceive him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Cool story, but he is a 92 year old, and the 2m rule in the Kop was more of a 30 inch rule. not sure why it was allowed to pack them all in one area

There's no '2m rule' in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

RonanG86 wrote: »
    Nitpicking, but he's not really an Academy player. He was 19 when he joined.

He joined the academy though. Was 2 years before he trained with the first team and another 2 before he actually started playing with the first team.

Central defenders and keepers tend to take longer to make the step up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ok then, the 6 feet 7 inch rule :)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Enzokk wrote: »
    The only thing I can think of is that he anticipated contact and went down due to that and it wasn't a dive in the traditional sense where the player goes down looking to fool the referee. If that makes sense.

This is not my view, I think he should have been booked for a dive because he didn't once tell the referee there was no contact, so he was trying to deceive him.

In fairness Fowler did something similar against Arsenal years ago although had the good sense to try an mitigate how much of a mug it was making him look.
    I think diving is the worst, I've said a few times I think players go down too easy, including our own (eh Fab?) but that's not the same imo as a flat out dive.
    Ok it's not attempted murder like Harry Kane but it's really low.

Klopp giving nothing away in terms of who is starting tomorrow night in Denmark.

Kelleher is on UEFA media duties, so that means he is starting. The rest of the team - could be anyone. At least if it was a senior player doing the media, or even Neco/Trent/Keita, we could get an idea of basis of the team.

Glad for Caoimhinn to get this run of games into him. Saying that, I still would prefer Alisson back ASAP. Especially that Spurs game.

EDIT: no fresh injury news, and no players closer to returning.

Klopp seems to be suggesting a young side anyways

Klopp: "Whichever lineup we have, I want to see 'our way' - but that is pretty much what I want to see in all the games."

Klopp on playing the kids: "Our CL squad was already very young. Yes, they will travel and then we will make decisions. Our analysis isn't finalised yet. It's the first time we don't have to get a result in final group game but it's still the CL and we are Liverpool."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Fitz* wrote: »
    Klopp giving nothing away in terms of who is starting tomorrow night in Denmark.

Kelleher is on UEFA media duties, so that means he is starting.

Glad for Caoimhinn to get this run of games into him. Saying that, I still would prefer Alisson back ASAP.
    I'm delighted for Kelleher. When I first saw him in the cup competitions I wasn't impressed but with a decent team in front of him has been better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Wally Williams

I love this. I love that he got to go and see Liverpool play as reigning Premier League Champions.

200.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Inside Anfield Wolves

Ox is back in training! I can see plenty of the senior players involved in the training from a brief look anyways.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1336308619139293184

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Really, that explains a lot then, Trump is worse, but Boris is a close second.

300,000 cases in past two weeks, 5000 dead in two weeks, ''lets open the stadiums and send a 94 year old in to a huge crown with a poor excuse of a mask that he's not even wearing.''

I know we all want the stadiums full and it was brilliant to see, but maybe waiting until Spring was correct call.

300,000 cases in past two weeks, 5000 dead in two weeks, ''lets open the stadiums and send a 94 year old in to a huge crown with a poor excuse of a mask that he's not even wearing.''

I know we all want the stadiums full and it was brilliant to see, but maybe waiting until Spring was correct call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

If I was 92 and got the chance to go, I'd be thinking I could be dead by spring, I'm 34 thinking that and would be jumping at the chance to go.

• Advertisement

Ox is back in training! I can see plenty of the senior players involved in the training from a brief look anyways.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1336308619139293184

Ye Hendo, Mane, Mo, Robbo ,Trent, Jota all training ,it'll be a stronger side than we expect tomorrow.,

Great to see Ox involved

Ye Hendo, Mane, Mo, Robbo ,Trent, Jota all training ,it'll be a stronger side than we expect tomorrow.,

Great to see Ox involved

Almost 3m prize money for 3 points, and a million for a draw.

Klopp will be trying to win. I think it'll be a pretty decent side.

6 wrote: »

Is that for every champions league win ? Surely that can't be right ,

6 wrote: »

Yeah I'm starting to think it will be a somewhat decent side yes but still with lots of subs and time off, with a few of the squad players getting more prominent game time. The mental rest alone is some added bonus. No pressure to perform of over-exert. I think Robbo, Gini, Hendo, Salah, Mane, Bobby all could do with some form of rest.

Kelleher
    Neco R.Williams 45 Tsimikas
    Jones 45 Keita
    Jota Taki Origi

Matip/Fabinho & Hendo/Gini getting 45 mins each.
    Maybe Clarkson come on for Keita on 60 also.
    Trent will probably get 30 odd minutes again and One of Salah/Mane/Firmino coming on to rest Jota.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Is that for every champions league win ? Surely that can't be right ,

Seems like it is 2.7m euros for each win in the group stage.

How much money do the Champions League 2019-20 winners get?
    Champions League prize money is distributed based primarily on performance, with teams rewarded for winning matches along the way to the final.

Position Prize money
    Winner €19 million
    Runner-up €15 million
    Semi-finalist €12 million
    Quarter-finalist €10.5 million
    Last 16 €9.5 million
    Group-stage win €2.7 million
    Group-stage draw €900,000
    Qualifying for group stage €15.25 million

I think that is why Barcelona received more than us when we won it. They won more group matches and their entry position, as Spanish La Liga winners, meant they received more than we did that year.

Also, great to see more players coming back form injury, we will need them for the next 2 months when all teams will be playing a tough schedule and not just the teams in Europe. We can get by with a strong midfield and attack, even with our injuries in defense. We cannot cope if we have problems in 2 areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Very satisfying that we are through as group winners already. Makes preparation for Fulham game so much better too.

So I found out today that Midtjylland are owned by Brentford owner Matthew Benham and they were one if not the first football team in the world to start using analytics in the running of the club.

So Liverpool have gotten €15.25m for just being the group stages.

Then if they win tomorrow they will have another €28.75m

Then another €9.6m for reaching the last 16.

That will be prize money of €53.6m

So that basically pays for Jota & Tsimikas

Then just get to the semi final and this run would have paid for Thiago.

Go on and win it then it will be a nice tidy profit for the season when you add in TV money.

Great to see Ox involved

Good to see Ox alright, when did he last play? It will be a slow process for him.

Keita is currently the one we need to watch and hope. If he can get through Christmas having made a contribution, uninjured, I'll be delighted.

• Advertisement

Good to see Ox alright, when did he last play? It will be a slow process for him.

Keita is currently the one we need to watch and hope. If he can get through Christmas having made a contribution, uninjured, I'll be delighted.

Ox last game was the last game of last season away to Newcastle,
    he got injured in week one of pre-season - so his fitness will take a few weeks to get back
    Same worry for Thiago the longer it goes that he cant train the longer he will need to gain match fitness ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭atilladehun

The club lost a lot of money this year. 12 or so home games without crowds.

€2.7 might be important to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Go on and win it then it will be a nice tidy profit for the season when you add in TV money.

THE CL is where the money is - it's why I always found it amusing when Klopp started to get us regularly into the CL and you still had lads bleating about the domestic cups, saying we needed to 'win something'.

The FA and League Cup are just Mickey Mouse money, you'd be lucky to get some training cones from the winnings - The Champions League is how you fund the kind of squad that Liverpool have now.

Ox last game was the last game of last season away to Newcastle,
    he got injured in week one of pre-season - so his fitness will take a few weeks to get back
    Same worry for Thiago the longer it goes that he cant train the longer he will need to gain match fitness ,

It will be a miracle to see Thiago over Christmas I think.

It's going to be Hendo, Milner, Jones, Wini and (fingers crossed) Keita that will get us through that period while Fab is helping out at the back.

It really is amazing we're where we are in the league and in the CL given the injuries.

I wouldn't be rushing Thiago or Ox back now take it slowly have them up and running for their first game being the FA Cup 3rd round.

I also wouldn't be rushing TAA or Keita back just give them minutes and have them ready to go in the New Year as well.

I'd say the same about Shaq and Milner as well.

If Liverpool can get to the 3rd round of the FA cup and still be in a couple of points off the top of the table having all those players back fully fit would be a huge boost for the second half of the season.

If Liverpool can get to the 3rd round of the FA cup and still be in a couple of points off the top of the table having all those players back fully fit would be a huge boost for the second half of the season.

Exactly my thinking too.

Having a fit Thiago fresh and ready to come into the side in February for the last 16 games and the run in will be massive.

If Liverpool can get through Christmas and the January period (play Spurs & Man Utd back to back) within touching distance of the top and have the likes of Thiago ready to come into the team and a fresher side capable of rotation with the likes of Keita, Ox, Shaqiri etc, then we'll see a Liverpool side ready to attack the run in and give it a really good shot. It will be a great position to be in. Just have to get to January/February first....

Spurs & City have players in a similar situation in Bale & Aguero tbf.

• Advertisement

Revenue could be down one third due to match day revenue though. Don't think there'll be a profit this year, unless we sell a star next summer (possible). All clubs are in the same boat regarding MD revenue tbf. I'd expect we'll be pushing hard for more sponsorships to plug the gap.

Looks like Klopp might have just put Origi in the shop window at the presser today.
    Div is not injured but offensive options are better than other areas so I cannot bring 3 strikers..

Some champagne football there tonight. The 5-ish minutes before the 4th goal was equally calming and relaxing as it was great. The lads just now what to do.

Not quite 5 minutes, but at 3 minutes I was close enough!

https://twitter.com/FridmanLuis/status/1336098032325156866

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Not quite 5 minutes, but at 3 minutes I was close enough!

https://twitter.com/FridmanLuis/status/1336098032325156866

While we're still banging the Kelleher drum, great little moment there at around 40 seconds, where it's passed back to him. The clearest option for a pass looked to be Robbo out left, which the forward seems to spot and sprints to close Kelleher down from that angle. Adrian would 100% have either committed to trying to pass to Robbo and been intercepted, or hoofed it long. Kelleher took his time and picked out a pass on the ground to Hendo's feet, who finds Curtis with space since the forwards have pushed on to press, who finds TAA who sets up the goal.

It's a simple enough contribution, but just adds to the teams plan of pulling Wolves players around to open spaces.

This just popped up.

I can't remember it getting as much attention as it deserves at the time. Probably because it was 3-0 with the game nearly over & most assumed the tie was over.

You'd be forgiven for not remembering much from the first leg after how the 2nd leg went.

Anyway, looking back on it, this was a huge moment.

Never say die from Robbo, legend.

https://twitter.com/UsmanIfc/status/1336063764458770434?s=20

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement