Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Do ye like the Christmas jumper folks? Woke up this morning and there it was, top of the table

ubSqosa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Happy Christmas to everyone. Hope ye have a happy and safe holiday.

Top of the tree this morning and make sure ye all remind yer relatives :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Happy Christmas fellas (and ladies)!

Still can't believe Klopp is our manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Happy Christmas, reds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Tuchel is free....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

KevRossi wrote: »
    Get Xabi into Anfield for the last year of Klopp's reign as an understudy. He can learn from him too and the transition would be easier.

He was always a desperately intelligent footballer, showed through in the few interviews that he did. Much as I like Gerrard, for some reason I'd have more faith in Alonso succeeding as a top manager.

Not sure why in these few days everyone is talking about Xabi hes done nothing yet as a coach,

While at this very moment in time out greatest ever player who also happens to be Liverpool born and bred is absolutely bossing it as a manger, i know its only Scotland but in Europa to he is doing one hell of a job currently

Right now its looking absolutely money on for Gerrard to succeed Klopp, but who knows in 4 years whos in the best position to take over,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Not sure why in these few days everyone is talking about Xabi hes done nothing yet as a coach,

While at this very moment in time out greatest ever player who also happens to be Liverpool born and bred is absolutely bossing it as a manger, i know its only Scotland but in Europa to he is doing one hell of a job currently

Right now its looking absolutely money on for Gerrard to succeed Klopp, but who knows in 4 years whos in the best position to take over,

I don't think anyone would object to Gerrard getting the job if he's proven himself capable of it, he'll need to manage a bigger club in a stronger league than Scotland before anyone can really tell if he's the real deal as a manager. I 'd hate to see him get it on his name alone as that could end in disaster and ruin his reputation at the club. As someone else stated let the appointment of Souness be a lesson to everyone that a former great may not necessarily be the right man for the job. Personally as long as Klopp is happy at the club and he still has us challenging for major honours I'd love if he stayed on well past 24/25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Season's greetings from the Wijnaldums

EqF_D-gXYAAjS-l?format=jpg&name=large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

No wonder he needs a bigger contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I see Salah getting a bit of stick on twitter after he posted a picture of himself and his family in matching christmas pyjamas in front of a Christmas tree. Some muslims are not happy he is celebrating christmas. Suppose that's the way the world is now,no matter what you post online someone will take offence

I see Salah getting a bit of stick on twitter after he posted a picture of himself and his family in matching christmas pyjamas in front of a Christmas tree. Some muslims are not happy he is celebrating christmas. Suppose that's the way the world is now,no matter what you post online someone will take offence

He should have known better in all fairness. It's a big no no for Islamic Faith.

I see nothing wrong with it though, it's only a Tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Gini calling the kids up to get the photo taken

OddballParchedFlea-size_restricted.gif

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJKG2JwASlT/

https://twitter.com/IlkayGuendogan/status/1342143160466731009/photo/1

Seems it's just Salah because of who he is that will take all the hate, many other Muslim players happy to pose with Christmas Trees and happy to Wish Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

He should have known better in all fairness. It's a big no no for Islamic Faith.

If you live your life based on what a book tells you to do that isn't living. Individual minds should set their own rules not arbitrary rules based on religious beliefs. He's celebrating Christmas cos he lives in a western country and his kids are exposed to and believe in western fantasies like Santa Claus and he wants to allow them that. More power to him.

However live and let live, something the folk who criticised him don't seem to be on board with.

• Advertisement

Just picking on him because of his status. Go to Dubai, U.A.E , Islamic countries, and see the Shopping Malls and Streets full of Christmas Trees and Decorations.
    He's an easy target is all .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Their all after that elusive Santa Clause sponsorship money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Only a tree? The lads across Stanley Park began hounding Koeman out of Goodison because he had a red tree.

Shouldn't Origi have been captain then if it was the most senior serving player after the first 4 captain's don't play going by Klopp's rules.

Klopp: I spoke to Salah after Liverpool captaincy disappointment, but Origi was my big mistake!
    “The rule here is, we have a players’ committee. Hendo wears the armband, and if he’s not playing then it’s Milly [James Milner]. If those two are not playing then it’s Virgil [van Dijk] and if all three are not playing, it’s Gini [Wijnaldum].

“If they all cannot play, then it’s usually the player who is longest at the club. And that was how I saw it in my understanding. Trent got it because he was longest at the club – professionally, not just his youth career.”

He added: “Somebody afterwards told me it would have been Divock Origi, but Div was on loan and stuff like that. That was my fault. I didn’t make it that complicated. It was just, ‘Trent is longest at the club, so he has the armband’.

“Of course I spoke to Mo about it afterwards. When I realised it didn’t work out that well [for him], I clarified it, and then he spoke about it again in the interview, which is not a problem for me.

“Yes, he was disappointed, but I didn’t do it on purpose. I just did what I did, and if I made a mistake then it was that Divock Origi was not the captain that day!”

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news/klopp-i-spoke-to-salah-after-liverpool-captaincy/1a1pa0v5dhe001dfirad7hwswe?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Just picking on him because of his status. Go to Dubai, U.A.E , Islamic countries, and see the Shopping Malls and Streets full of Christmas Trees and Decorations.

If anything it shows how commercial Christmas has become as countries that are not Christian do have Christmas trees in shopping centers and decorations up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It's a pity I didn't think of befriending Mendy on insta, could've done with one of those PS5s.

Lesson learned I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭conor_mc

The ironic thing is that, afaik, Islam does recognise Jesus Christ as a prophet that came before Muhammad, in the same way Christianity recognises Moses as a prophet. So I guess marking Christmas (celebrating might be too strong a word) shouldn’t really be an issue.

Anyhow, I digress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Football on Stephens Day and no pubs open. This is a travesty. Lying here in bed this morning I can't think of any reason to get up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

He deserves stick for matching pyjamas to be fair. It's a crime against humanity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

United and Leicester share the pints .

9e3409f358c9cec06061c1ec76d86d47.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Never seen a result that perfectly encapsulates the situation; two teams not quite there in 2nd and 3rd, ends up a draw. If we want to I think we'll steadily draw away which again is astounding given the injuries we have had.

We need to sort our away form, it's the only thing giving other teams reason to think they've a chance. We sort that out and keep our home form faultless and nobody is getting near us.

City could possibly go 4th with a win tonight, if other results go their way. Spurs could also end up 8th. Crazy league this year.

That game should show people, games in hand doesn't mean points in hand. I remember many years where we were behind on games and when you count them as a win it would always look so much better for our position, but it almost never works out that way. United were only 2 points behind us and our main challengers, if they won their game in hand. Now they are 4 points behind us having played the same amount of games.

• Advertisement

Another huge game tomorrow nothing more than 3 points will do,
    We have to go on a run now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dont think Ive ever been so excited about a player returning from injury as Thiago. I keep thinking back to his 45 minute cameo against Chelsea where he set the PL record for most passes (75) in a single half. On his own he had 16 more passes than the entire Chelsea team. Im absolutely salivating for his return, I think we're going to see something special.

Enzokk wrote: »
    That game should show people, games in hand doesn't mean points in hand. I remember many years where we were behind on games and when you count them as a win it would always look so much better for our position, but it almost never works out that way. United were only 2 points behind us and our main challengers, if they won their game in hand. Now they are 4 points behind us having played the same amount of games.

Could turn out to be a good point for them if we lose tomorrow

Especially this season. Those games in a hand will have to be crammed in when they are played which certainly won't be beneficial to any team having to play them. If ever there was a season to go out of the domestic cups early it's this one.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Dont think Ive ever been so excited about a player returning from injury as Thiago. I keep thinking back to his 45 minute cameo against Chelsea where he set the PL record for most passes (75) in a single half. On his own he had 16 more passes than the entire Chelsea team. Im absolutely salivating for his return, I think we're going to see something special.

Dont forget he came on aginst 10 men,
    Hes a phenomenal player but the Chelsea game was perfectly set up for him to be fair,
    Fingers crossed he lights the Prem up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Hes a phenomenal player but the Chelsea game was perfectly set up for him to be fair,

God forbid we might get a bit excited about a marquee signing taking to the field

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Ah stop, step away from the Sherry :). Did anyone really consider Ole’s United as potential title challengers? They are consistently inconsistent and a top 4 finisher this season at a push. Yet again they showed today that they can’t defend for sh1t, Harry is a liability. It’ll be Liverpool or City winning the league this year I think, we’re gonna get stronger as key players return from injury, City will improve in the second half of the season.

7pts separating 2nd to 10th .

Elliott with another assist today.

• Advertisement

Oh bore off Tyler, Chelsea didn't win us the title last year. It just happened to be the match that confirmed us as champions. City could have won all their matches from the restart and we still would have won the title. Then no other team would have "won" us the title.

Also, Gary Neville seems to think you can run in such a way that your leg doesn't go backwards as you are running. Because he accused Tierny of throwing his leg back when it sure seemed like he was just running normally. Sure it was a soft penalty, but a penalty it was and he didn't do anything special but go down easily with contact. This was not Bruno Fernandes positioning his leg unnaturally to win a penalty.

Could turn out to be a good point for them if we lose tomorrow

You are doing it now...assuming something that may happen. I may win the lotto as well tonight, I am not going to quit now and tell my boss to go and screw himself. :P

The point is there was a lot of analysis that United were doing well because with the game in hand counted as a win they were only 2 points behind us and our main challenger. You cannot count that as points in the bank, just like I am not going to assume we are going to win tomorrow. I hope we are, but I am not going to make bold predictions about being 3 further points ahead of a challenger because we haven't played yet.

And there Arsenal goes and leads by 3-0 against Chelsea. That is Chelsea who was never going to concede again after Mendy arrived in goal and with Thiago at the back and having spent £200m this summer. They are 3-0 behind against Arsenal who is in crises and in a relegation battle before this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Just been looking at the differences in Matchweek 15 between last season and this season.

Last year:
    1. Liverpool - 43 points
    2. Leicester - 35 points
    3. Manchester City - 32 points
    4. Chelsea - 29 points

This year:
    1. Liverpool - 31 points
    2. Leicester - 28 points
    3. Manchester United - 27 points
    4. Everton - 26 points

Liverpool have played a game less than last season (14 to 15).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Don't forget he was also excellent in the only other game he played for us, against the Champions Elect. Even after the attempted leg-breaker on him, he played that beautiful pass into Mane for Hendo's VAR'd-off winner.

This fella was MOTM in the CL final. One of the most exciting signings I can ever remember for Liverpool. Yes, the likes of Torres, Suarez, Salah, Mane, VVD, Alisson have lit up the place since signing, but Tiago is the first player, that I can remember, who has signed for us while undoubtedly world class and at his absolute peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Don't forget he was also excellent in the only other game he played for us, against the Champions Elect. Even after the attempted leg-breaker on him, he played that beautiful pass into Mane for Hendo's VAR'd-off winner.

This fella was MOTM in the CL final. One of the most exciting signings I can ever remember for Liverpool. Yes, the likes of Torres, Suarez, Salah, Mane, VVD, Alisson have lit up the place since signing, but Tiago is the first player, that I can remember, who has signed for us while undoubtedly world class and at his absolute peak.

I'm going with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Anything less than 6 points to finish the calendar year would be a disappointment. Weak opposition with games nicely spaced out.

• Advertisement

I sometimes think this team works and plays better playing a game every 3 days and they get the momentum going.

When they do get little breaks it seems to take them one or two games to get that momentum back.

I wonder have the club lined up any international youth players to be signed up and announced before Brexit kicks in on January 1st.

A year ago tonight. Unbelievable performance from Trent, one of the best individual displays from a player all season in the league. Brilliant team performance too.

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/1342785171163111425?s=19

I wonder have the club lined up any international youth players to be signed up and announced before Brexit kicks in on January 1st.

The Serbian young lad from Celta Vigo is meant to be on the way. Was previously said to be very close to signing for Man United but has changed his mind now. His father was speaking about it apparently.

https://twitter.com/Tactical_Times/status/1342967936051515392?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Another huge game tomorrow nothing more than 3 points will do,
    We have to go on a run now

If we manage to get more than 3 points, it will have been a special day indeed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement