Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Owl. wrote: »
    If we manage to get more than 3 points, it will have been a special day indeed.

It's Christmas, could you not let it slide🀣

Toby had one earlier about utd & leicester sharing pints during lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Owl. wrote: »
    If we manage to get more than 3 points, it will have been a special day indeed.

Along with the Premier League knocking Liverpool out of the league cup in September just so they could have an easy Christmas schedule, they are also letting Liverpool get more than 3 points for a win tomorrow. All part of the helping hand this season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Did anyone see Jamie Carragher on Soccer AM yesterday? Came across a right gob****e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

siblers wrote: »
    Did anyone see Jamie Carragher on Soccer AM yesterday? Came across a right gob****e

Yikes, still watching that in 2020! Stopped being decent around 2007!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Jesus it was such a good show back in the day when it start with love joy and Helen.... it was genuinely funny and had authentic fans on it.

I caught 20 minutes of it the other day and it was woeful.
    Tubes used to be funny but has seemed to have turned in to a total **** as far as I can see. It looks like Bullard has some sort of semi permanent slot on it which says it all. The music is ****ing woeful in it. The forced fake laughter at every 10 seconds is nauseating.
    I remember watching it with an ex of mine back in the day and she used to enjoy it as it was genuinely funny
    Maybe it is just the way the world is gone ... the soccerettes use to be normal enough lasses (that we’re gorgeous to be fair) but you could tell they were a little nervous as they did their cat walk to “mr big stuff”...not sure if they still do it but if they do I could assume it would be a load of instagram model wanna be looks for subscribers..
    The world is gone down the Swanny and only for the pool are flying it at the minute I genuinely Don’t know where I’d be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

From listening to him any week co commentating on the reds it's hardly a surprise is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Went to **** for about 7/8/9 years but the Bullard/Fendley version is a lot better than than those barren years. Fendley is a large part of why it was good originally.

https://theathletic.com/1705187/2020/04/04/soccer-am-tim-lovejoy-helen-chamberlain/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

There is a trend of hating on ex players like Gerrard, Carra, Owen, McManaman, Danny Murphy, ect ect .

I don't like it myself. They all wore the shirt with pride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Went to **** for about 7/8/9 years but the Bullard/Fendley version is a lot better than than those barren years. Fendley is a large part of why it was good originally.

https://theathletic.com/1705187/2020/04/04/soccer-am-tim-lovejoy-helen-chamberlain/

Yeah wasnt it presented by that dope that does the sportsbar with cundy on talksport for a while.
    Once lovejoy left it went downhill quickly ( is it a record? 😜)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

When is football kicking happsening again?

EqMGGdEXEAIO6Bc?format=jpg&name=large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

garra wrote: »
    When is football kicking happsening again?

EqMGGdEXEAIO6Bc?format=jpg&name=large

He’ll upset the dog people with pictures like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

brevity wrote: »
    He’ll upset the dog people with pictures like that.

He’s just lucky the cat isn’t decked out as a Christmas tree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He’s just lucky the cat isn’t decked out as a Christmas tree

In blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭KevRossi

A mate sent me this. It's a picture of Mo on his wedding day. I honestly didn't recognise him.

v061pg077zo01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

mosstin wrote: »
    In blue.

Reading the s*n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

He is a gob****e

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

No naby on bench either, must be injuried again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Jones, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Shaqiri, Origi, R. Williams, Phillips, N. Williams.

Keita back out of the squad... hope it’s not another injury! Shaq back in the squad, which is great.

Hopefully a few more minutes for Ox to start gaining fitness as well.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1343217590689214465?s=19

Strong 11.

Shaqiri & Milner return to the squad as Keita drops out again. Probably another niggle....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Absolutely done with Naby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I hope it isn't another niggle for Keita, we do have Milner and Shaq coming back into the squad and we are playing again in 3 days time, hopefully it is just managing his minutes. If he isn't injured then we are finally getting a decent bench/squad going again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Best bench in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Was the squad leaked on twitter again?

I've honestly only heard tell of 3 or 4 of these West Brom fellas.

mosstin wrote: »
    Absolutely done with Naby.

Whenever he is fit, he plays. And generally plays well.
    Whenever he is not fully fit, he doesn't. But it is too common.

A great player but he needs to be fitter. If this is managing his minutes so that he can play the next game, then that's ok. But at least put him on the bench at least if that is the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's pretty clear that on his day Naby is one of the best midfielders in the league, but you can't build a squad around having players being so totally unreliable.

With Jones coming to the fore, I think we have pretty good depth.

What we need is a top class 23 year old in the next year to 18 months that'll be a mainstay as we transition Gini, Milner, Henderson and Thiago out. We need to cut our losses with AOC and Keita. They've the quality to maybe get a decent move elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Great to have Milner back again, he provides cover for so many positions, also good to see Shaqiri back hopefully he can stay fit for most of the rest of the season as he's a good option off the bench, as for Keita if he's injured again it's probably time we cut our losses with him in the summer.
    This is going to be an awkward game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

If we had vvd, gomez, Thiago etc and the rest fit for any length of time it would be tough to get a spot on the bench

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Was the squad leaked on twitter again?

Nah, just the usual release from the club an hour before the match.

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Great to have Milner back again, he provides cover for so many positions, also good to see Shaqiri back hopefully he can stay fit for most of the rest of the season as he's a good option off the bench, as for Keita if he's injured again it's probably time we cut our losses with him in the summer.

Never fun to play against a Sam team. Will just be an exercise in trying to break them down. Need to be very wary of Diangana and Robinson’s pace on the break. They surprised Chelsea with that earlier in the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Girly Gal wrote: »

I'm surprised Millie is still at the club tbh.
    I thought when Leeds went up he'd go there to finish out his career, but pool atm are too good to leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Gbear wrote: »
    It's pretty clear that on his day Naby is one of the best midfielders in the league

Not trying to be overly negative but I honestly don't think that's clear at all. With everyone fit I don't think he's an automatic start for us..

He's had some very good games for us but do has Fabinho and Henderson on their day and Thiago you'd imagine too

cj maxx wrote: »
    I'm surprised Millie is still at the club tbh.
    I thought when Leeds went up he'd go there to finish out his career, but pool atm are too good to leave

I don't think Leeds wanted him. He wouldn't really suit their style now.

I'm happy enough to keep Milner at the club in his substitute / squad player role in the dressing room.

Mane looks a bit sluggish, too much turkey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Was there not a clear handball there from WBA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Imagine firing a manager to hire another to get your team playing like this ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Sadiooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Game plan out the window

Mane looks a bit sluggish, too much turkey?

It worked Tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Lol at Big Sam giving up 2/3 of the pitch, was only a matter of time.

Thump them please

• Advertisement

Early goal. Perfection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mightyreds wrote: »
    Game plan out the window

No chance they will still sit back while its only 1-0 until late on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭cmac2009

eigrod wrote: »
    Sadiooooooo

Gobble Gobble.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Jaysus, we've had enough decent chances to have this game put to bed already.

Mane could’ve had 4 already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

One line of 5 on the peno spot, another line of 5 on the 18 yard line and it could be 3 or 4 already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

You can get 20/1 on West Brom plus the draw if you don’t think this game has already been put to bed 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Don't worry liverpool will batter these lot. Minimum 5,possibly 7 again.

83% possession so far. Thought it was more tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Beglin with a lovely little stat that when Palace did beat us at home, Liverpool scored first.

Thanks Jim.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement