Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Ox was rubbish and I hate when he's brought on with teams packed in their box. He's not good enough for that type of game, an open game with space where his power and pace can be used is where he's needed.

Shaq was the attacking sub that was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

We were terrible today. Individual performances not a team effort today. We NEED a CD in January for sure and tonight was as good an example of that as you'll see.

Still think Fab was fouled for their goal

CF0-F46-D5-2-A80-4-B14-A6-D2-8073-BEB196-CC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

We're dropping too many stupid points this season - it's frustrating and somewhat worrying.

With the state of the rest of the teams we could have had the PL wrapped up by the end of January.

I still see Man City as our main challenger and I think we will beat them but we need to start putting 4-5 game winning runs together.

Everyone is.

City themselves drew with West Brom. There'll be many more results like this this season. Just need to stay in it til the business end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

First 10 minutes after half-time was dreadful. Came out with zero energy or intensity and let West Brom get comfortable. Seemed like they went into cruise control mode then and only picked it up a bit after the equaliser. Too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

We're on course for 81/82 points, which might be enough to win it, ideally we'd need to get 85 points. Looks like we're not going to run away with the league like last year, but, it does mean that other teams will be in with a shout of winning it this year that normally wouldn't have a chance. Man City are the big danger as they can get or beat that total as they have proven in recent seasons. The others are unlikely to break 80 points, it could all come down to the result against City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

That was a poor performance. West Brom were hard to break down and crowded their box.
    We just couldn't really find a way through.
    Some of our players need a kick in the arse.

Having said that, i think we'll up our game for Newcastle and get the win.

What Andy Carroll up to these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I'm sick after that...
    Think we need game after game. That break did nothing for our intensity..
    Awful but ....nah no but. Just awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DrumSteve wrote: »
    What?

He scored from a shot outside the box in literally the last match we played.

Different game, game was over, didn't need winning, everyone was lining up to score that day.

I'm talking about winning a game where the front 3 can't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

What Andy Carroll up to these days?

He'll have a field day against our CB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Todays type of game is why we bought Thiago. Only Everton Kicked him and Virgil into 2021.
    Sloppy from Jones in possession that cost us the corner that cost the 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

That is a bad result, no doubt about it. For West Brom to have more attempts on target rubs salt in the wounds.

Every man and his dog knew what West Brom were going to do, no point Klopp complaining about them playing 6-4 in the first half - although nice to see him give credit for their result.

It could be worse though, a true measure of it will be how they respond against Newcastle on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

.G. wrote: »
    Everyone is.

City themselves drew with West Brom. There'll be many more results like this this season. Just need to stay in it til the business end.

This, this is more of a standard season than the last two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

It was against Liverpool so VAR is not checking it

I don't know what the West Brom player did though that was a foul? He jumped before Fabinho and got over him, where was he supposed to put his hands? It looks bad but he was just better at that corner. I see no problem with that goal or no VAR check.

We can see the limitations of a Henderson and Gini midfield in this game. When the other team sits back we need someone that offers that something different so you need a midfielder that offers more going forward. Oxlade-Chamberlain can be that player, but he needs to find his rhythm and form. The same goes for Keita, but his injury record is just as bad and with Thiago only playing 135 minutes for us that becomes a problem.

As for a Sam masterclass, those describing it like this can fly a kite. Bilic got a draw at City as well, this team is capable of getting a result at the best teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

That was a game for Thiago if there ever was a game. The sooner he is back the better, hopefully Wednesday against Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

a victory for Big Sam and his brand of non-football so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Different game, game was over, didn't need winning, everyone was lining up to score that day.

I'm talking about winning a game where the front 3 can't

You said he never shoots.

He quite clearly did...in the last game.

Did you ever think the reason they backed off him today was to get him to play it out wide or as you wished; try score a worlie against the goalie with the most saves this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

That is a bad result, no doubt about it. For West Brom to have more attempts on target rubs salt in the wounds.

Did their goal count as a shot on target out of interest? Because it definitely wasn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

ebbsy wrote: »
    Sarah wants to go to Barca ? He can piss right off there with a performance like that.

I agree, Sarah, was invisible throughout for me. She should definitely go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    I agree, Sarah, was invisible throughout for me. She should definitely go.

Bit cold at this time of year though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I couldn't believe Jone slasted as long as he did, he looked nackered,
    Shaq should have been on for him at very least 5 minutes before the goal, we needed some more creativeness in midfield

Jurgen waited far to long and it cost us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp confirms Naby Lad is out of the Newcastle game as well with a musle injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

8-10 wrote: »
    Did their goal count as a shot on target out of interest? Because it definitely wasn't

I'd imagine it was counted as one. I don't remember many others so it must have been.
    Looking at Opta they'd describe it as one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Two points dropped but everyone is dropping points left right and centre. We've played well in the bigger games generally, Chelsea, Leicester, Man City, Spurs.

No use talking about injuries, that's sport, you have to get on with it. Hopefully this will buck everyone up.

The Salah talk was a bit of a distraction. I agree completely with Carragher, Salah moaning about not being captain in a dead rubber game he shouldn't have probably played in. Liverpool made Salah. He may never play in as successful a team again. He should be a little more thankful, think of the team and be less of a Mé Féiner.

Klopp confirms Naby Lad is out of the Newcastle game as well with a musle injury.

Never seen a player get injured so much without playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We desperately miss Virgil offensively. What a weapon he was on corners and occupied defenders to create space for others. I watched our corners today and it was some easy for west brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

I couldn't believe Jone slasted as long as he did, he looked nackered,
    Shaq should have been on for him at very least 5 minutes before the goal, we needed some more creativeness in midfield

Jurgen waited far to long and it cost us

Agree totally. As soon as I saw Ox I hoped he would come on for Jones who had been anonymous for the preceding 15 minutes. As great as he has been this season, he's still a kid and needs time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I wonder is the Keita stuff similar to the situation Alberto Aquilani had.

I remember Rafa saying that Aqualini was a fear of
    getting injured or he would only play when he was 100% fit (which is rare as players are always playing with some sort of niggle)

Klopp has mentioned that he likes seeing players playing even though they have taken a knock - sounds like Klopp has accepted the fact this is as good as it gets with Keita...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We can't win this league without a proper, recognised centre half.

Its utter fúcking madness that we're considered to be favourites with VVD and Gomez long term injured and Matip made of poppadoms.

Rhys Williams is a fine prospect, but he was exposed today. His positioning was wrong for the Grant break leading to the Alisson save, and he had no recovery pace. He also played people onside unnecessarily on counters. People lauded him against Spurs, but he wasn't good enough - fine for a young player, but nothing more.

Fabinho is playing miraculously to hold down the fort to the extent he is, but at some point, something has to give. We also miss him in that CDM role, that would allow Hendo to influence things more further forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I think I've only ever seen him come off injured during a game once (away leg to Barcelona), the other 93 times he gets injured training/at home/walking the dog etc.

I think he's a cracking player but he really can't be relied on. Same with Matip unfortunately - one of the best center-backs in the league but his unreliability causes the club problems. I can see Klopp offloading both, as good as they are, soon enough.

brevity wrote: »
    I wonder is the Keita stuff similar to the situation Alberto Aquilani had.

I remember Rafa saying that Aqualini was a fear of
    getting injured or he would only play when he was 100% fit (which is rare as players are always playing with some sort of niggle)

Klopp has mentioned that he likes seeing players playing even though they have taken a knock - sounds like Klopp has accepted the fact this is as good as it gets with Keita...

I'm sure Gerrard said the same of Sturridge as well.

The players missed the fans today I’d say.

Next two are away games andnour record away is a shambles this season then United at home.
    Going to be with no CBs we need one ASAP

I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Is this the same keita that started the first 4 league matches this season yet never win a single tackle 🙈🙈

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    We can't win this league without a proper, recognised centre half.

Its utter fúcking madness that we're considered to be favourites with VVD and Gomez long term injured and Matip made of poppadoms.

Rhys Williams is a fine prospect, but he was exposed today. His positioning was wrong for the Grant break leading to the Alisson save, and he had no recovery pace. He also played people onside unnecessarily on counters. People lauded him against Spurs, but he wasn't good enough - fine for a young player, but nothing more.

Fabinho is playing miraculously to hold down the fort to the extent he is, but at some point, something has to give. We also miss him in that CDM role, that would allow Hendo to influence things more further forward.

Strangely Williams mistake to let Grant in today was a carbon copy of what he done against Son for the Spurs goal

Iv a funny feeling Klopp and co decided not to buu a CB in January a few weeks ago,
    We'd have certainly heard by now if one was set to come in the door like we did with VVD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Naby wouldn't hold down a job for the amount of time he misses. Himself, Chamberlain & Matip are constantly either injured or coming back from them so can't be relied on. I doubt many will be lining up to sign them now though as they have that reputation already.
    Matip has came off in 2 of the last 3 games which shows how reliable he is going to be for the next 5 months. Keita played one whole game against Palace & is now out of the busy Christmas period. Chamberlain looked like someone who hadn't played in 2 years, running into blind alleys and looked way off the pace.

Next 3 games are away from home. Albeit the last one is the FA Cup. Southampton A looks particularly tricky. Although they will have a go themselves which will leave space to play in at least.

Strangely Williams mistake to let Grant in today was a carbon copy of what he done against Son for the Spurs goal

He looked very laboured against Grant despite having a head-start on him. I assumed he was lightning quick and that's why he's preferred over Philips. If he is indeed quicker than Philips, poor old Nat must move slower than the teutonic plates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He's 19, and was playing for Kidderminster last season. This is the Premier League. He's done remarkably well considering his age and where he's come from. But we do need another senior centre half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I thought when Klopp was asked about Matip he was kinda dismissive, like injured again ffs .!

I actually thought Ox was ok today
    People need to remember he came on just after they scored he ran down some blind alleys but i think he was instructed to try give us something else and was just trying to hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

cj maxx wrote: »
    I thought when Klopp was asked about Matip he was kinda dismissive, like injured again ffs .!

Would you blame him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Iv a funny feeling Klopp and co decided not to buu a CB in January a few weeks ago,
    We'd have certainly heard by now if one was set to come in the door like we did with VVD

Had the same thought myself; Isn't Gomez expected back towards end of February/start of March?
    Maybe Matips' injury will change this, especially if he's out for more than a month. Regardless if we do sign a CB, Fabinho is unlikely to play in midfield again this season as he'll be needed at CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

brevity wrote: »
    The players missed the fans today I’d say.

Huh?

Thought they were noisy enough for 2K of them...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Huh?

Thought they were noisy enough for 2K of them...

Yea, I kinda meant a full stadium. I suppose most teams are missing the full stadium. The first game after Christmas always seems to be a bit noisier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    He's 19, and was playing for Kidderminster last season. This is the Premier League. He's done remarkably well considering his age and where he's come from. But we do need another senior centre half.

Yeah he's essentially being asked a lot of as he's so little first team experience. He rarely played beside a natural centre half who can talk him through a game, we play a high line with both full backs higher again, he has to put his foot on the ball & is obviously targeted given his lack of experience. Plus there is the fact there are 3 senior centre halves out whenever he plays which is a bigger issue.

However, I would play Nat Phillips against the PL teams who play direct as the only times he played that is what Phillips excelled at defending against.

A second Premier League title is right there of we sign a capable CB surely we can strech the cash and do it,
    We need one badly Matip like Keita should be move dn on the summer anyway,both good players but we need players we can count on to be fit when needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Would you blame him!!!

Absolutely not, but any club with a decent centre half will screw the club for every penny. Not mine so I don't give a fiddlers.
    I'm not sure Jurgen will see him as a long term player now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement