Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

brevity wrote: »
    Yea, I kinda meant a full stadium. I suppose most teams are missing the full stadium. The first game after Christmas always seems to be a bit noisier.

Nice to hear poor scouser Tommy getting a rinse out, could hear them great on my TV but maybe I just listen to match with the telly too loud... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

brevity wrote: »
    Yea, I kinda meant a full stadium. I suppose most teams are missing the full stadium. The first game after Christmas always seems to be a bit noisier.

Hardly even noticed the 2K fans today. The performance was so poor they didn’t have much to get excited about. Didn’t even create many chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

No foul by the way....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

When is Jota expected back?
    Would have veen nice to throw him ln around the 60 minute mark today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Think end of January,Early Feb. Probably February

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Another month or so... expected back some time in February.

Dreeding the United game with no CBs and no one to freshen up attack
    But if we win our next two game big ask itll add confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is it 7 goals conceded since VVD got injured? Hard to blame the CB's based on that. If we score 3 , conceding one matters little. Today was about not scoring, not creating, but it was a training exercise for the West Brom players directed by SAm .

This game means little, still think we're in for a run of wins starting with Newcastle. I expect a gap to form sooner or later to 2nd .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Hardly even noticed the 2K fans today. The performance was so poor they didn’t have much to get excited about. Didn’t even create many chances.

They were like the team great for the first 25 then flat after that, came alive for the final 5.

After all the "banter" back and forward within the gen thread with other teams thinking they are coming for us, it's really city quietly coming in from behind who has benefited most and I think they'll see it out from here unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Looking like a good point considering other results. No harm done that's for sure. Move on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

As frustrating as it is for us fans it must be doubly so for Klopp to see Matip & Keita break down so often as they are marvellous footballers and such a joy to watch playing knowing he has that talent there and gets to play them only about 40% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭KevRossi

mightyreds wrote: »

After all the "banter" back and forward within the gen thread with other teams thinking they are coming for us, it's really city quietly coming in from behind who has benefited most and I think they'll see it out from here unfortunately.

They've collected the same amount of points as us and Utd over the past 5 matches. Only Everton have collected more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

KevRossi wrote: »
    They've collected the same amount of points as us and Utd over the past 5 matches. Only Everton have collected more.

I know but they have so much quality just really worried about them, but in saying that I had a look after you post, they only amassed 81 points last year I was sure it was around 87 I think they will be on about the same this year and so will we.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Despite today's performance, still feel like this is liverpool's title to lose. Any competitor is going to drop points or take points off each other.
    Could do with snapping up a decent cb soon though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Williams has done okay considering his age but is anyone else concerned by his complete lack of pace? He’s the slowest player I’ve seen in a Liverpool shirt in some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

City have Everton and Chelsea in the next 2 games, if they get full points there, there's no doubt they will be the main threat, it's important that we keep our noses in front of them as if they get ahead of us it will be difficult to get back ahead of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Looking like a good point considering other results. No harm done that's for sure. Move on .

Exactly. Next ball, next game. After the Villa and Everton games if we were told we'd lead the league by a couple of points on 27 December and be in the next stage of the CL we'd take it. Any PL team can take points off another on a given day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

We have only one rival for the league and that’s Man City that most definitely was not a good point 🙈🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

We have only one rival for the league and that’s Man City that most definitely was not a good point 🙈🙈

But but city drew with West Brom as well!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

I don't know. City are becoming more up and down. This year they are as fickle as last. We only seem to rank them above Man U, Leicester, Spurs, Everton on reputation and because they are the most recent winners among our opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Girly Gal wrote: »
    City have Everton and Chelsea in the next 2 games, if they get full points there, there's no doubt they will be the main threat, it's important that we keep our noses in front of them as if they get ahead of us it will be difficult to get back ahead of them.

City have a very handy run of games coming up in January after those two games. Until they play us at Anfield in February.

Then again teams are dropping points in unexpected places this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I expect City to get 15 points in January. Very handy run of fixtures. Need Everton to take something off of them tomorrow tbh.

Not picking up 3 points today was an absolute Diaster
    United and Spurs to comein January while missing Cbs and Jota we needed to pick up 3 points today,.

We seem to have a real problem lifting ourselves game saginst smaller sides this season, We need to put that right and quick, Brighton, First half v Fulham and second half today all absolute crap

Fitz* wrote: »
    I expect City to get 15 points in January. Very handy run of fixtures. Need Everton to take something off of them tomorrow tbh.

They only played last night, playing again tomorrow night, dam.

We're getting a lot of time between games this Christmas. And Klopp loves that, but the team strangely don't benefit.

Will be Wednesday before we play again, and then 5 days off , playing a week on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Pity motd didn't show the corner at the end of the game . Bloody short corner in added time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

cj maxx wrote: »
    Pity motd didn't show the corner at the end of the game . Bloody short corner in added time !

That was extremely stupid. Don’t know what Trent was thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Not picking up 3 points today was an absolute Diaster

Ah lads, it's neither a good point or a disaster. It's two points dropped when we should be winning, but stuff like this happens and the team will move on without dwelling too much on it.

Losing Matip is the biggest disappointment today - we're now very light at CB. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Everton win or Draw tonight

Palace & Villa wins hopefully as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Yesterday’s match was not a disaster. Some perspective is needed. However, the last 3 months have been a disaster for me. I’ve had serious health problems and it feels like life is playing a cruel joke on me. My outlook on life has changed forever. Yet supporting Liverpool is something that won’t change. I’ve been in hospital for 5 of their matches. They’ve won 3 drawn 2.

The evening they beat Chelsea 0-2 I was lying in a hospital recovering from a massive heart attack. I’ve been in hospital beds for the last 4 matches. I can’t see them but I can listen on the radio like I used to when I first started supporting them. On Wednesday I’ll have been in hospital for 3 weeks. I had a seizure 2 weeks ago and now I have Covid. I also have heart failure which makes having Covid very scary. Life has been pretty bleak for a while now but Liverpool has been one small spark of light.

Please don’t complain or compare a 1-1 draw which we should have won as a disaster when there are worse things in life. If you think it’s a disaster you really need to have a good long hard think about it.

I’ll try to get better and not let this thing beat me. The heart attack and seizure didn’t beat me but the heart failure probably will eventually. But before it does I hope to see Liverpool become Champions again more than once for the rest of my life. Hopefully I’ll be at Anfield next season or the one after. I won’t give up on them either.

I will however be giving up on Boards. Like I said my outlook and interests in life have changed. This is probably my last post on here. It’s been fun. There’s a good few of ye I’ve enjoyed discussing Liverpool with. I might dip in now and again to get news on transfers but I won’t be posting. I’ll have to wean myself off it but I think it’s time.

We’re going to win another league or 2 lads. We’re going to win more silverware. We are the Champions. And we are Liverpool.

You’ll Never Walk Alone.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Ah lads, it's neither a good point or a disaster. It's two points dropped when we should be winning, but stuff like this happens and the team will move on without dwelling too much on it.

Losing Matip is the biggest disappointment today - we're now very light at CB. Again.

A draw at home to westbrom is a Diaster,
    Last season when, we had easy games andnchances to capitalize on other dropping points we did and thatwhy we won our first league in 30 years

Now two away games whefe i reckon 4 points is absolute maximum we will pick up and then its United at home wifh no CBs

3 points yesterday was vital in my opinion

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Yesterday’s match was not a disaster. Some perspective is needed. However, the last 3 months have been a disaster for me. I’ve had serious health problems and it feels like life is playing a cruel joke on me. My outlook on life has changed forever. Yet supporting Liverpool is something that won’t change. I’ve been in hospital for 5 of their matches. They’ve won 3 drawn 2.

The evening they beat Chelsea 0-2 I was lying in a hospital recovering from a massive heart attack. I’ve been in hospital beds for the last 4 matches. I can’t see them but I can listen on the radio like I used to when I first started supporting them. On Wednesday I’ll have been in hospital for 3 weeks. I had a seizure 2 weeks ago and now I have Covid. I also have heart failure which makes having Covid very scary. Life has been pretty bleak for a while now but Liverpool has been one small spark of light.

Please don’t complain or compare a 1-1 draw which we should have won as a disaster when there are worse things in life. If you think it’s a disaster you really need to have a good long hard think about it.

I’ll try to get better and not let this thing beat me. The heart attack and seizure didn’t beat me but the heart failure probably will eventually. But before it does I hope to see Liverpool become Champions again more than once for the rest of my life. Hopefully I’ll be at Anfield next season or the one after. I won’t give up on them either.

I will however be giving up on Boards. Like I said my outlook and interests in life have changed. This is probably my last post on here. It’s been fun. There’s a good few of ye I’ve enjoyed discussing Liverpool with. I might dip in now and again to get news on transfers but I won’t be posting. I’ll have to wean myself off it but I think it’s time.

We’re going to win another league or 2 lads. We’re going to win more silverware. We are the Champions. And we are Liverpool.

You’ll Never Walk Alone.

Hey man
    I hope your health improves and you can male a full recover

Obviously when i say yesterday is a disaster its football wise and completely removed from the disasters and realities of real life, Football is our escape after all

Hope you can recover YNWA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hope things get better soon Blondie.

The way I see it is that all the teams have and will continue to get stung with bizarre results. Obviously frustrating for it to be done to us by Allardyce but we're still in a strong position.

We need something done in January at CB however, and even again in the Summer. Not comfortable at all with our roster of CBs.

I’ll try to get better and not let this thing beat me. The heart attack and seizure didn’t beat me but the heart failure probably will eventually.........

Best of luck with the health

We need something done in January at CB however, and even again in the Summer. Not comfortable at all with our roster of CBs.

Matip is dare I say made of glass.... Although he seems more robust than keita

You’ll Never Walk Alone.

Mind yourself, Blondie. Wishing you all the best.

At this point would it no make more sense to cut our losses with Keita and give Gini the extra year he's looking for, we can always sell him on before that contract runs out. I'd be pretty certain we'd get more out of a 33/34 Gini on the pitch than sicknote Keita, even Matip is more durable than him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Terrible stink of entitlement in here.

What we're seeing this season is more of a normal season. Everyone is dropping points you wouldn't expect them to. The last 3 or 4 seasons were not normal with either us or City winning practically every game. That was never gonna last.

We've lost once in the league and we're top by 3 points at Christmas. Calm down. You'd think we were in a relegation fight reading some of the doom merchants in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Best of luck Blondie, really hope things can get better for you and you pull through this, rooting for you...

YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

All the best Blondie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

You’ll Never Walk Alone.

That sucks man, I hope things get better for you soon, take it easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Owl. wrote: »

What we're seeing this season is more of a normal season. Everyone is dropping points you wouldn't expect them to. The last 3 or 4 seasons were not normal with either us or City winning practically every game. That was never gonna last.

We've lost once in the league and we're top by 3 points at Christmas. Calm down. You'd think we were in a relegation fight reading some of the doom merchants in here.

Absolutely.
    Blondie's contribution puts every thing in perspective, or at least should. 2020 has given us all challenges, I lost my own dad to old age during the year, and while these games are important, and we react to the ups and downs of different results, realistically they are not real life, what Blondie is going through is the type of thing that's real, and being associated with a club like Liverpool can give you the support you need through trying times, chin up Blondie, you'll be enjoying several pieces of silverware with this team yet!
    The last few seasons have been extraordinary, and Liverpool and City have normalised extraordinary levels of performance and consistent performance. It's normal that this should drop, as indeed City seem to have reverted towards the mean in the last year. Doesn't mean we get antsy and abusive, we can be frustrated and disappointed, as I was yesterday, but we're still in a good place.

Would we like more players, yes. Is it annoying seeing Matip and Naby injured again, absolutely. Would we like to see Gini's contract sorted, you betcha. But it's all part of the soap opera, and the ebbs and flow.... If everyone was fit all season we wouldn't have seen Curtis emerge as a credible starter for instance.

These are the good days lads, there are those of us who remember Souness and Hodgson, so a bit of perspective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

@blondie

Won't quote the post but wanted to wish you well, hope you make a speedy and full recovery, all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Owl. wrote: »

Sense of entitlement my hole, every time we've had a chance to go further clear we've made a balls of it. Keita injured again he seems to be made of paper. If we don't sign a CB in January it will be very stupid going into the second half of the season with 1 senior CB who also happens to be injured quite alot. Expectation is naturally higher with the last few seasons we've had so when we draw with WBA and only had 1 SOT in the whole game, people are naturally going to be disappointed and frustrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Shanee. wrote: »
    Sense of entitlement my hole, every time we've had a chance to go further clear we've made a balls of it. Keita injured again he seems to be made of paper. If we don't sign a CB in January it will be very stupid going into the second half of the season with 1 senior CB who also happens to be injured quite alot. Expectation is naturally higher with the last few seasons we've had so when we draw with WBA and only had 1 SOT in the whole game, people are naturally going to be disappointed and frustrated.

There is a sense of entitlement.

And signing a CB is a good idea, so long as we can sign someone who is a guaranteed starter and proven quality. Otherwise its a waste of time. Whether we can get someone of the calibre we need remains to be seen.

The last 2 seasons were extraordinary and realistically couldn't be maintained for a third season, as we saw with City before us that level can't be maintained for a third season, unfortunately for us we only won one league title despite being nearly perfect for 2 seasons, while City at least got 2 titles for their 2 best seasons. I think that's part of the frustration that a lot of people feel. This season is going to be a dogfight right up to the last round of games, I'd expect us to be in the mix right to the end and hopefully we'll come out the right side of it. It's such a strange season and with all our injuries, we can't really discount the likes of United, Spurs, Leicester, Chelsea or Everton yet, but, City are the big danger.
    We do need to bring in another CB ( which the club may not do) as I fear not doing so may tip the balance in favour of City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Sense of entitlement is a stretch

So far this season we have been out played by two relegation candidates(Brighton and Fulham) and out thought by another .
    Each of these results was not some freak wonder goal from one of their players but rather more fight and energy than us.

Nobody is shouting sack the manager or the players but rather not being ready for those games is a big worry and if we do not win this thing these are the results you will look to.

I was less worried by the Villa thrashing as you can right it off as a freak result , on their own any of the draws against the bottom teams is fine but put them together its a startling trend from these players of not being on it against the smaller teams. It is certainly worth discussing why this is the case .

To be honest Liverpool should be looking at getting 2 cbs let alone one
    Fabhino is ahuge miss in Midfeild and Matip cant be trusted to be fit,

Huge mistake no to replace Dejan in the summer,
    Its effected our defence and midfeild badly

A robust CB starter will cost fnck loads. Unless the right-one is available one will likely not be bought.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement