Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Matip out for 3 weeks according to Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's games like this that I would love to have a fox in the box striker on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Could be worse,but does it really matter at this stage,he won't last one game when he does come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thanking posts on injuries is just really weird behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Its a little sad really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Date Team TV
    4th Southampton (a) Sky
    8th Villa (a) FA Cup BT
    17th Man Utd Sky
    21st Burnley Sky
    28th Spurs (a) BT
    31st West Ham (a) Sky

Could be worse,but does it really matter at this stage,he won't last one game when he does come back

If the physio thinks 3 weeks, make 6 to be sure, and play him then. If he breaks down again before the season end see what can be got for him. Sad, but there's something likely wrong there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Troubled behaviour, even. Ironically I think someone engaging in the likes of that is hurting a lot more than the injured player in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Not a dig at Klopp but this probably means 5 weeks.

Saying that, I hope that this is a massive bluff and they are working on him to be back for the Utd game in January. He is needed a lot.

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »
    Not a dig at Klopp but this probably means 5 weeks.

Saying that, I hope that this is a massive bluff and they are working on him to be back for the Utd game in January. He is needed a lot.

Surely we bring in some sort of a centre half in Jan,Is klavan still playing?

Surely we bring in some sort of a centre half in Jan,Is klavan still playing?

I wish!

Coming up to the anniversary of his last minute winner away at Burnley a few years ago too.

Fitz* wrote: »
    I wish!

Coming up to the anniversary of his last minute winner away at Burnley a few years ago too.

Jaysus I was only thinking of the same goal myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

If the physio thinks 3 weeks, make 6 to be sure, and play him then. If he breaks down again before the season end see what can be got for him. Sad, but there's something likely wrong there.

I've a feeling his days are numbered. Add in Keita and the likes of Ox, Shaqiri etc. Can't rely on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He needs to go back to making crap movies

source.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I thought Bobby was good dropping back and driving forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

The Mighty Reds top of the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,265 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

The Mighty Reds top of the league

regardless of everything else, we all love that liverpool and utd are duking it out. it makes for the best banter in these threads. likke the forum will light up on the 16th, and all the mods will be called in. bit like income tax season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Looking at it in a positive sense, this season we are absolutely miles below our performance levels of the past 2 seasons and were still top and in the last 16 of the CL. Last season we got a lot of winners in the last 10 minutes of games but we’re not getting that rub of the green this season. Hopefully this turns in the 2nd half of the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

regardless of everything else, we all love that liverpool and utd are duking it out. it makes for the best banter in these threads. likke the forum will light up on the 16th, and all the mods will be called in. bit like income tax season.

I call that we bring back The Match Thread for such a big occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

**** the banter. I’ve no time for this tit for tat bollocks. I just want Liverpool to win and the other teams to lose. I get anxious enough queuing in Centra. I don’t need a tense, nail biting race to win the premier league thankyouverymuch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

More dropped points...

Whats the story with VAR, thats twice in two games that it has gone missing. Clear and obvious error or something unseen by ref.
    V wba fabinho 100% fouled for goal
    V Newcastle mane held by keeper

Besides that, get a CB Phillips and Williams are not good enough.

Subs were too late, milly and Jones both poor should have been hooked at HT. Shaq after 92mins ???

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I call that we bring back The Match Thread for such a big occasion.

That’s a nailed on goalless draw then. :pac:

AdrianII wrote: »
    More dropped points...

Whats the story with VAR, thats twice in two games that it has gone missing. Clear and obvious error or something unseen by ref.
    V wba fabinho 100% fouled for goal
    V Newcastle mane held by keeper

Besides that, get a CB Phillips and Williams are not good enough.

Subs were too late, milly and Jones both poor should have been hooked at HT. Shaq after 92mins ???

Put it like this;

VAR looking for errors when we score a goal
    35f4d617a056e7ebf4cfbab110828241.jpg

VAR when they notice a clear and obvious incident missed by the referee that would benefit us
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thought that was much better than west brom game, we created plenty but the finishing was rotten plus that Newcastle keeper is a serious shotstopper.

Team selection in midfield was all wrong though, Jones, Henderson and milner will work hard and control but there wasn't any creativity. Is there a need for 3 holding midfielders against Newcastle? Why not drop one for shaqiri? Klopp needs to be more flexible than the tried and tested 433.

Plenty of corners again and we just carry such little threat without virg, what a weapon he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Apart from the 100% pen against keeper pulling mane alls good boys, don't be worrying

martyos121 wrote: »
    That’s a nailed on goalless draw then. :pac:

Feck goals.

Its camaraderie I'm after.

I can picture it now... Two sets of supporters thanking each other's posts, it'll be magical.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Feck goals.

Its camaraderie I'm after.

I can picture it now... Two sets of supporters thanking each other's posts, it'll be magical.

Here here. I’m going to take everyone off my ignore list for that day, and that day only.

I can picture it now:

8f6.gif

martyos121 wrote: »
    Here here. I’m going to take everyone off my ignore list for that day, and that day only.

I can picture it now:

8f6.gif

Ignore list????

That would take the fun out of this place.

But that gif does fit perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Akabusi wrote: »
    Its a little sad really.

Your being lenient!

''I’m not happy about the result but the game is already played. I’m not overly frustrated or something like that – it’s football, if you don’t use your chances then it’s difficult to win a game. But you can have a draw with a bad performance or you can have a draw with a good performance, and tonight we had a draw with a good performance. We just didn’t use the chances and that’s why I’m OK with the game. That’s it.''

Look, not scoring is a concern if you don’t create. That’s how it is. If you create, it’s just momentum, it’s for now. But if you keep creating then you will score, that’s it. I know we will score again, that’s not our problem in the moment. We needed to show a reaction from the second half against West Brom because in that game we lost the plot a little bit in the second half, it looked for me like we were 1-0 down not 1-0 up. Tonight it was a very good reaction on that, without getting the result. But we all know: you win this game 1-0 and everybody is over the moon. And we should have won it at least 1-0, but we didn’t. That’s what we have to accept. But I can work with this performance, that’s important. I can work with the things I saw tonight. We can build on that, we don’t have to now change massively in the next three or four days and say, ‘OK everything is going wrong, we have to try to compete another way.’ That’s why I’m OK, that’s it.''

Klopp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Weird, it was an annoying result but I'm just buzzing about Thaigo, always in the right place. Something I never noticed before too, he is brilliant in the air for a guy who is only 5 ft 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Weird, it was an annoying result but I'm just buzzing about Thaigo, always in the right place. Something I never noticed before too, he is brilliant in the air for a guy who is only 5 ft 9.

This.

He won 4 or 5 headers in a row after coming on, looks a tough little ba5tard.

Pearce reporting today that Jota is ahead of schedule on his recovery and could be back before the end of January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've calmed today.

I've realised I've been utterly fúcking spoiled by this team for over 2 years now, and I've become painfully unaccustomed to sticky patches.

This team has set standards in terms of winning football matches that only Manchester City in their absolute pomp can rival. I've been conditioned to believe that 90+ points is the minimum needed in order to be able to claim to be great. That is complete lunacy, and no Premier League team has even been expected to keep that standard for 3, 4, 5 years straight. Not Arsenal at their best. Nor Chelsea. Nor United.

On top of this, we're shorn of our 3 top CBs. That, I would venture, is largely unheard of. Well, certainly losing your 2 best CBs for a season has got to be rare.

And we're still top of the fúcking League.

FWIW, I think this year will be a fight between ourselves, City and United. And I actually think we'll nick it in the end from City. And Utd will drop away a little.

But there will be no procession by anyone to this title.

It's been a stellar year to be a Liverpool fan, and I'm reminding myself that there has never been a better time in my lifetime to be a fan. Never. Bar maybe one night in Istanbul.

Here's to a great 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

We had enough chances to win last night, just weren't clinical enough, if we perform like that we'd win most matches. It's a disappointing two points dropped as it keeps all our rivals in the race.
    We're still in a strong position and I'd be hopeful we can do it from here. It would be a shame if this team misses out on a second title as there's no guarantee we would win it next year especially as our main rivals (City, United, Chelsea) have the finances to strengthen substantially in the summer and/or get a better manager in (Chelsea and possibly United). I think one of the biggest concerns a lot of fans have is that we probably won't get a better opportunity to win a second title and it kinda feels in the last few games that we are starting to let it slip through our fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Girly Gal wrote: »
    We had enough chances to win last night, just weren't clinical enough, if we perform like that we'd win most matches. It's a disappointing two points dropped as it keeps all our rivals in the race.
    We're still in a strong position and I'd be hopeful we can do it from here. It would be a shame if this team misses out on a second title as there's no guarantee we would win it next year especially as our main rivals (City, United, Chelsea) have the finances to strengthen substantially in the summer and/or get a better manager in (Chelsea and possibly United). I think one of the biggest concerns a lot of fans have is that we probably won't get a better opportunity to win a second title and it kinda feels in the last few games that we are starting to let it slip through our fingers.

While it feels like there's never been a better chance, at the same time, we're fooling ourselves if we think that's the case.

No fans, quick turnarounds, players playing more games than ever, more injuries etc etc all mean that a lot of the season is unpredictable. If the season was normal, I'd agree, but it's anything but.

It's still going to be a league of attrition.

Just have to keep picking up as many wins as possible, get through January and get a few players back fit. Thago is going to help things in these tight games. He wasn't fit last night but gave glimpses of what he can and will do. Get Matip back fit and one less worry at CB, get Jota back and a super sub / rotation option.

Get through January without losing any ground to rivals, beat United, and then get ready for the run in with a bigger, fitter squad capable of rotation. The Liverpool players have the ability to win the league, but keeping their fitness and freshness is the biggest obstacle along with Man City IMO. Man Utd have the momentum and the ability for all the luck to fall in their favour but that can't last forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

No idea why he waited til the 92nd minute to switch shaq for salah, that change should have been made 10 minutes earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

SlickRic wrote: »
    While it feels like there's never been a better chance, at the same time, we're fooling ourselves if we think that's the case.

No fans, quick turnarounds, players playing more games than ever, more injuries etc etc all mean that a lot of the season is unpredictable. If the season was normal, I'd agree, but it's anything but.

But, it's the same for all teams, not just us, so it affects all teams equally, all the main contenders are in Europe, so similar amount of matches played. We're top right now so we're actually in the best position to go on to win the league, hince the best opportunity.
    Next season we start from scratch with our main rivals probably having strengthened substantially over the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Are we linked with any centre backs at all? I’d like to get Fabinho further forward if at all possible. I know he’ll be there in defence though the whole season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Firmino is really playing very well atm.
    Was good last night apart from 1 or 2 bad touches in the 1st half

retalivity wrote: »
    No idea why he waited til the 92nd minute to switch shaq for salah, that change should have been made 10 minutes earlier.

Klopp has said that he keeps back one sub until late out of fear of a player picking up an injury and not having a sub remaining to change it.

There could be players playing through injury that we don't know about and this is forcing his hand. Maybe it's Robertson. He has played on after picking up a knock in a few games now.

But maybe because the likes of Milner, Thiago, Shaqiri are coming back into the side now, this might change and he will be able to make the 3rd sub earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mind boggling by Klopp if you didn’t know better you would think Liverpool were playing for the draw especially the way the played the ball about for the last 3/4 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

MD1990 wrote: »
    Firmino is really playing very well atm.
    Was good last night apart from 1 or 2 bad touches in the 1st half

I thought Bobby was excellent last night. Back to his best , save for his goal return.
    Get Firmino clicking and the whole attack clicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Is this now three years in a row we'll be top starting the new year? Not bad eh?

• Advertisement

Yea Locksmith Luscious Locks needed to be on with 12 minutes to go, give him a real chance at cracking them open.

Still dunno how VAR did not look at this last night.

Eqkd4vcW4AEWCCE?format=jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Where's Duncan Castles on the reliability meter? Reporting Sven Botman from Lille for 8 mill

Edit: 8 mill is what Lille paid, they're looking for twice that

paulie21 wrote: »
    Where's Duncan Castles on the reliability meter? Reporting Sven Botman from Lille for 8 mill

Would not give him the time of day for anything on Liverpool news

There will more than likely be a firesale from clubs in the French league after there TV deal went under they are all financially in trouble needing government bailouts to keep the going.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement