Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

There will more than likely be a firesale from clubs in the French league after there TV deal went under they are all financially in trouble needing government bailouts to keep the going.

Who did they lose a deal with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vicxas wrote: »
    Who did they lose a deal with?

It was the second biggest TV deal in the world after the Premier League worth Billions.

Mediapro agreed to pay Ligue 1 clubs €3.25bn over four seasons. They did not even keep up their payments for four months
    Exhausted, dehydrated and stranded, surrounded by sand dunes and a cloudless sky, sweat is wiped from the brow. The sight of palm trees and a sparkling lake in the distance flickers and then vanishes. This is the situation in which Ligue 1 has found itself this year. After being starved of success, French clubs hoped they would be revitalised by an unprecedented TV rights deal worth more than €1.15bn per year (€814m a year from Mediapro and €330m from BeIN Sports). It was the second largest TV deal in Europe, but the mirage finally disappeared this week, pushing French football to the brink of financial ruin.

There had been concerns about Mediapro from the start. When the rights were sold in 2018, critics pointed out that a similar deal with Serie A had fallen through because the Spanish broadcaster had not offered adequate financial guarantees. Gaetano Miccichè, the president of Serie A at the time, said the assurances provided by Mediapro were “unacceptable”. Worryingly, Nice CEO Bob Ratcliffe said earlier this year that, as far as he understood, the LFP had “never asked for” similar guarantees......

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/15/ligue-1-clubs-stare-financial-abyss-tv-deal-collapses-mediapro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Still dunno how VAR did not look at this last night.

Eqkd4vcW4AEWCCE?format=jpg

And I dunno how Saint Mane Of Assisi didn't go down and scream. :mad:

Bit annoying the Goody Two Shoes approach , okay don't dive when no contact , but this thing of not going down when fouled is NOT RIGHT.
    Klopp had it wrong on that front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We just have to sign a CB. Phillips and williams are both only capable of passing the ball to the other CB it slows things down so much and makes us so much easier to defend against. They also both look to be seriously lacking in pace. A team is only as good as your weakest link and its a seriously weak link we have back there at the moment. Matip isnt going to play more than 10-12 league games over the rest of the season. On the plus side Tiago will make a huge difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My best intentions for next year is to substantially reduce my time using my phone and posting online. It's more Reddit than here but still I'm wasting my time and have a few big things to work on next year.

If all goes well, this will be my last post on Boards until Jan 1st 2022 at the earliest. Hopefully by then we'll be defending another PL and CL title and life will be mostly back to normal and I'll have another few Anfield trips under my belt.

All the best for 2021 reds! YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

8-10 wrote: »
    My best intentions for next year is to substantially reduce my time using my phone and posting online. It's more Reddit than here but still I'm wasting my time and have a few big things to work on next year.

If all goes well, this will be my last post on Boards until Jan 1st 2022 at the earliest. Hopefully by then we'll be defending another PL and CL title and life will be mostly back to normal and I'll have another few Anfield trips under my belt.

Will be missed around here,best of luck and hope to hear from you in the near future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

In December Leeds scored 10 past West Brom and Newcastle
    We managed 1
    That is very very annoying , I think Thiago being back will hopefully give us some more guile against these side that defend deep .We make games against our title rivals must wins by not putting the relegation fodder to the sword

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

If all goes well, this will be my last post on Boards until Jan 1st 2022 at the earliest.

Best of luck in the new year mate. Hope it goes well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

A noble endeavour indeed. Good luck 8-10.

16 year old Center Back Stefan Bajcetic signed from Celta Vigo for €250k, Man U were heavily linked to signing him.

15 year old Left Back Calum Scanlon signed from Birmingham City for £400k

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Robert2014

Goodbye to 2020. For a time we were reigning champions of England, Europe and the world. Still champions of England and the world. Have the best coach, centre back, forward line in the world. And top of the league.

Happy New Year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Happy New Year lads, 2020 was good for one reason only...sport.
    Not sorry to see it go.
    New Years resolution....
    Stop wanting to smash the s*it out of things when we are playing crap and just remembering what Klopp and the gang did for us..and Will keep on doing.
    Stay safe fellow reds

Enough chances to win 3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

2021 - the year of Thiago Alcantara.

I can't wait to see him play week in week out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

MarkY91 wrote: »

I have a feeling Thiago's appearances will be very managed and he won't be that regular, I hope I am wrong about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

hes only 29

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »

Nasty tackle on him last night too. People are trying to get him off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    hes only 29

He won't be 29 until he's no longer 28. And that's a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mosstin wrote: »
    He won't be 29 until he's no longer 28. And that's a fact.

Oh God I remember that twitter conversation :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

New Year, top of the league, bring on 2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Our Year...............Again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

2020, what a year for the Reds.

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

THEY’RE HARDLY GONNA BELIEVE US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Why does that remind me of Father Ted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I've not seen this before and don't worry if you're not a fan of Carra. He didn't actually crash the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Happy New Year everyone. To ruin everyone's day United can go joint top today.:eek:

Just to add, we have 6 matches in January with a extra one if we beat Villa in the FA Cup 3rd round. We have 6 matches in February with a possible 7th if we win the 4th round match in January.

United have 9 matches in January with a possible 10th if they beat Watford in the 3rd round. They have 7 matches in February and this could be 8 if they make it to the 5th round of the FA Cup.

I think there is nothing to fear from them, apart from that they are not a good team (good players yes, but not a good team that makes me fear them), as the amount of fixtures will catch up with them eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Enzokk wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone. To ruin everyone's day United can go joint top today.:eek:

Just to add, we have 6 matches in January with a extra one if we beat Villa in the FA Cup 3rd round. We have 6 matches in February with a possible 7th if we win the 4th round match in January.

United have 9 matches in January with a possible 10th if they beat Watford in the 3rd round. They have 7 matches in February and this could be 8 if they make it to the 5th round of the FA Cup.

I think there is nothing to fear from them, apart from that they are not a good team (good players yes, but not a good team that makes me fear them), as the amount of fixtures will catch up with them eventually.

If you weren't worried about United as possible challengers, you wouldn't even post about them. You're main argument seems to be that their hectic schedule is going to catch up with them, not that we will pull away from them. Whether people like it or not United are legitimate challengers this season, they are getting the rub of the green in so many matches, VAR going their way and they are starting to build momentum and belief a bit like us in 13/14. Do I think they are the best team in the league, no, but, I can see them challenging and possibly winning it, it's definitely not beyond the bounds of possibility, they most certainly can't be dismissed out of hand, especially considering our defensive injuries and general drop in standards. Having said all of that, they could implode and miss out on the top 4 altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Girly Gal wrote: »
    If you weren't worried about United as possible challengers, you wouldn't even post about them. You're main argument seems to be that their hectic schedule is going to catch up with them, not that we will pull away from them. Whether people like it or not United are legitimate challengers this season, they are getting the rub of the green in so many matches, VAR going their way and they are starting to build momentum and belief a bit like us in 13/14. Do I think they are the best team in the league, no, but, I can see them challenging and possibly winning it, it's definitely not beyond the bounds of possibility, they most certainly can't be dismissed out of hand, especially considering our defensive injuries and general drop in standards. Having said all of that, they could implode and miss out on the top 4 altogether.

Call it PTSD from when I started following and all I ever saw was Ferguson's United winning. I am actually not concerned about any team at the moment, if we play to our potential we will win the league. Man City of 3 years and then 2 years ago would be the same, but they seem to have lost something last year and it has not been much better for them this year. Again, good team but not the same fear factor as the 100 point team that won the league or that pipped us to the title.

My post was also tongue in cheek about the discussion about whether we were second on the log behind Spurs on goal difference or we were joint top with them.:P

Have we signed a center back yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Enzokk wrote: »

Don’t be silly. No such thing as joint top, they’ve made that pretty clear themselves. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

16 year old Center Back Stefan Bajcetic signed from Celta Vigo for €250k, Man U were heavily linked to signing him.

15 year old Left Back Calum Scanlon signed from Birmingham City for £400k

Both will probably be starters by February at the current rate.

Blondie919 wrote: »

I will however be giving up on Boards. Like I said my outlook and interests in life have changed.

We’re going to win another league or 2 lads. We’re going to win more silverware. We are the Champions. And we are Liverpool.

You’ll Never Walk Alone.

Happy New Year Blondie

ynwa-medium.jpg?w=400

Sven Botman rumors being picked up, down to something posted on Twitter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sven_Botman

Says he's a Liverpool player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

We've gone from very hush hush about transfers to now not even announcing transfers.

One day Mbappe is just gonna tog out and the rest of the world will be like wtf :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

If all teams win the games in hand and all were on 16 games there would be 4 pts between 1st and 8th.

I know its all if and pts are better than games in hand but it shows how tight things are. 2 games could have a massive effect . Proper league this Yr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We have to sign a CB.
    I cant see Van Dijk getting back for any part of this season.

Klopp has a background in sports science he will bring back Van Dijk slowly like with Ox,

Wont see Van Dijk playing 2 games a week at the start of next season either imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Botman & robbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

If I have to google who he is, does that mean he's any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

At least it looks like we're going to sign a CB, don't know anything about Sven Botman, only what I read on wikipedia apparently he's 6'4", 20 years old, and was called into the Dutch squad in November.
    So probably one for the future, but, hopefully he can hit the ground running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

robwen wrote: »

Anyone know anything about him? Seems an odd one as he only went to Lille in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

robwen wrote: »

Anyone know anything about him? Seems an odd one as he only went to Lille in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Lille seen to have a somewhat decent scouting network as of late. Buying players in, developing them and selling them off for large profits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

West Ham 1 nil up on Everton with time almost up. Results have been going our way.

Hopefully Utd draw with Villa. Probably best for us.

Edit: And Chelsea beat Man City tmrw. Would that be too much to ask?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement