Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

A lot of players really need a kick up the hole - Trent, Gini, Ox, Mane to name but a few. A lot of poor performances too. Salah & Hendo the only that have any bit of credit IMO.

Really really need to wake up.

The ref is very whistle happy and blowing for some ridiculous stuff. Salah in a headlock and a throw in is given to Saints. Salah gets tackled in the box, fairly, and the defender clears the ball. For some reason it goes to VAR and shows the defender clear the ball for a corner. Goal kick given. Forster fell over players and a foul given. Forster punched the ball and foul given. Any sort of a niggley tackle and he blows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Ardent

Salah sh|te again tonight and Ox is a compete passenger. Changes needed early if we're to get anything out of this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Positive is that its still only 1-0.

Too many negatives to talk about.

Can't believe we haven't even tested Foster yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

1/10 performance for me, no where near good enough, I'd take a draw this minute, starting to worry about the season and Utd match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,635 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

This is brutal. Southampton are pressing us into playing backways .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ox must be hauled off.

This is also a direct result of our CB pairing being so makeshift. They are not bringing the ball up to midfield. They're giving Southampton easy target for their press. Trent has been poor, but he's largely been receiving the ball as someone presses him, and he's no option.

Thiago is also receiving the ball deep inside his own half.

Southampton are outworking us. They're pressing high, meaning we can't get it through midfield, meaning we're hitting it long from deep, meaning we can get no pressure further up the field.

It only got better in the last 5 minutes as Southampton tired.

Southampton tiring might be our best hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Firmino's days are numbered
    He wasnt scoring and he was still creating now he literally doing nothing, Pity our only replacements are Origi and Taki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mane's just been overthinking everything lately, Wijnaldum played him in for a 1v1 with KWP on the edge of the box and he drags it back outside, lets the defence come back, and the ball ends up with Alisson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Chesty08 wrote: »
    We are really up against it this year.

For the first time I think we are throwing this league away. Things really not going our way which is never a good sign

I was bullish last week, before the last couple of games, about us winning the league but I'm now sure if we don't sign at least one quality CB in January, we'll win nothing. The two lads are needed in midfield. Badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

“Match is crying out for Thiago “
    Oh look he’s there 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Did we get any decision from the officials? Soft free kick that leads to their goal, Salah being manhandled and missed and then the corner that is adjudged to have gone out that didn't. I hope someone has a word in their ear, but I doubt it will change as they probably think they have been brilliant.

As for Tyler, why was he going on about United when the foul was being shown on Salah that wasn't given? It was like he was trying to ignore what was supposed to be a free kick.

Anyway, only 1-0, we should be better in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We can't function like this.

I'd hook Thiago and stick on Williams at CB. Maybe switch Jones for Oxlade Chamberlain as well.

I don't really get the starting lineup to be honest. To give two players with nothing in their legs 2/3 of the midfield spots against a team that's going to get in our faces doesn't make sense to me.

I'd understand if it was to give another MF a rest, but we can't even do that with Henderson and Fabinho having to play CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We cannot find a way, repeatedly bad decision making. It looks like a different team. Lots of hoof-and-hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Mane's just been overthinking everything lately, Wijnaldum played him in for a 1v1 with KWP on the edge of the box and he drags it back outside, lets the defence come back, and the ball ends up with Alisson.

So infuriating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Boris has shut down uk, all leagues suspended, and leaders declared champions

BOOM!

i wish

Take Ox off and put on Minamino. Atleast Minamino isn't afraid to press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Phillips on for ox and move Hendo forward.
    Jones/Millie for Thiago after 60.
    One of Trent/Mane/Firmino should be subbed as well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hopefully he throws a few fúcks into them at ht. That was brutal in fairness. Ox must come off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Fitz* wrote: »
    A lot of players really need a kick up the hole - Trent, Gini, Ox, Mane to name but a few. A lot of poor performances too. Salah & Hendo the only that have any bit of credit IMO.

Really really need to wake up.

The ref is very whistle happy and blowing for some ridiculous stuff. Salah in a headlock and a throw in is given to Saints. Salah gets tackled in the box, fairly, and the defender clears the ball. For some reason it goes to VAR and shows the defender clear the ball for a corner. Goal kick given. Forster fell over players and a foul given. Forster punched the ball and foul given. Any sort of a niggley tackle and he blows.

Jordan is having a really strong performance for the 1st time in the role. Very confident.
    I think Fab is also living up to his name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Can blame the officials all you want but Liverpool has been very poor, Southampton deserve the lead. Creating nothing, and everyone apart from Maybe Fabinho has been awful. Massive second half, if they don’t get a reaction here I’d be very worried for the rest of the season

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea that’s the one I was talking about. He is good enough and strong enough to beat a man and shoot with his weak foot, but he is too elaborate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Yes Fab and Hendo need to be in midfield, just go with Williams and Philips as a CB partnership. Fab could probably protect them fine from the base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Carragher saying Southampton planned and trained for their goal. Absolute shîte talk. Refusing to blame TAA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

SM01 wrote: »
    How was that deemed a Salah foul on Forster there?!?

nah but Salah did push their defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

awec wrote: »
    We had a counter attack there and the ball ended up back with Allison.

We’ve been doing too much sideways and backwards passing the past while.

agreed its like the players are thinking that our defence is poor so not taking as many chances... we need to move the ball quicker in the final third before the get players back in numbers... this stinks of 2008/2009 for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The lads at CB are doing grand but hugely missed in midfield.

If they're staying at CB, would bring on Shaq for Ox.
    Otherwise, would bring on Williams for Ox, and shuffle Hendo into midfield and give Thiago a bit more freedom to find spaces to receive the all without the responsibility of playing the covering role..

Was that Robertson crossed that in? Good grief that was brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

No changes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Good man robbo. Found literally the only Southampton player back.

Feck sake, a 4 on 1 and we picked out the 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Never a fan of "give them 15 more minutes and then make the changes" more often than not it's just wasting 15 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,387 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I miss Mane getting the ball and seeing a defender in front of him and just taking him on and beating him. Constantly seems to cut back recently allowing the defence to get numbers back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The next time Robertson or TAA turn back and let Southampton reset their lines I’d hook them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Two full backs are horrendous tonight

I mean that’s hand ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

lol, VAR is not even hiding it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Fuuuuucking handball!

****kkkk

Look like they've a bit more spirit now at least. I'd say Klopp was all teeth and spittle at halftime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

HANDBALL yesterday, but not today .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I give VAR the benefit of the doubt, but that's me done.

Fúck right off.

• Advertisement

That touch from Firmino there was quite something. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

WTF hownos that not a peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Christ that's insane.

I mean it's not red glasses here, that's a stonewall penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Didn't gomez have a peno awarded against him for a very similar handball.

The inconsistency is infuriating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Corners, free kicks, crosses, everyone commits to the front post or centre of the goal, we rarely have someone attacking the back post.

Have they changed the hand ball rule again without telling anyone?

I’m positive that was a hand ball a few weeks ago.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Corners, free kicks, crosses, everyone commits to the front post or centre of the goal, we rarely have someone attacking the back post.

It's particularly annoying since we over-hit every single cross. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well we're not out of the woods yet, but a positive reaction from the lads nonetheless.

Honestly I've lost all sense of what is or isn't a handball these days. Might as well flip a coin as there's zero consistency with any given situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He dives in front of the ball to block it and stops it with his arm. It's handball under any interpretation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement