Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What a frustrating night. Was going to say that finally the injuries have caught up with us but the players out there have dropped off as well. Trent giving the ball away 38 times, like wtf. Mane working his socks off as always but little end product, Mo anonymous for parts of the game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hassenhuttl whinging out of him, fair play to the Saint's, we deserved nothing from that game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

a corner 30 seconds over extra time and they play it back 🙈🙈🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

A short corner again in the last second?
    Looking like Spain when teams figured out how to play tiki taka. All possession but no end results.
    One shot on target. Total muck.

Hasenutel crying at the end though. What a twat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Really poor, and really poor decision making in the danger areas. Tried for one extra pass so so many times. Maddening.

Fair play to Hassenhuttl, got his plan exactly right, really excellent manager in fairness. Mad to have a lad like that at Southampton while fellas like Ole, Lampard, and Pirlo sit in top European jobs.

He's a great manager to be fair to him.

But he followed the same tactics WBA, Newcastle, etc follow. Park the bus and watch us **** around for 90 minutes.

• Advertisement

Just shy of 2ppg after 17 games but still top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That short corner routine has to go.

Ardent wrote: »
    Gutted as I am, have to say delighted for Ralph.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

That last corner sums it all up.
    Fairly clueless...very poor

Still time to turn it around and I wouldn't bet against them. But it has to start against United...
    Couldn't care less about the FA cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

City will win the title by 10+ points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mane had the most touches but my god was his decision making atrocious, multiple times he got it at the back post and instead of just shooting he played a pass that looked more like a clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You know it’s last ditch stuff so you play a short corner and then play it further back up the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Jota was papering over a lot of these cracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

The away days demise continues, it's not a blip anymore, it's a trait, kudos to the saints, fully deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

The away days demise continues, it's not a blip anymore, it's a trait, kudos to the saints, fully deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

So so bad. Very alarming. Team looks gone, heads, legs & ideas.

Klopp has a massive job on his hands to get some response from the team now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Poor, very flat and slow on the ball for the 3rs or 4th game in a row now.

We've had these mid season slumps before and recovered, Fvck the Cup now on Friday and concentrate on the league game Sunday week I say . Attackers look laden, the lack of rotation options catching up now all around, Gini has been ran into the ground all season and looks dead on his feet too.
    We looked like bad Arsenal again, playing over and back across the defence with no penetration.

I flagged Trent before the game, he was shocking, and was lucky to last whatever it was 75 minutes.

Anyway, we go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Actually a united game would suit us right now. Although I'm fairness 2 center halfs does help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Going to be a great second half to the season. Just happy to be in the mix considering the injuries. Next game will get us out of our little slump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Why?

Because he's a very good manager and was put through the ringer early into his Saints career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

DrumSteve wrote: »

But he followed the same tactics WBA, Newcastle, etc follow. Park the bus and watch us **** around for 90 minutes.

Wouldn't quite agree with that - for the whole first half especially they kept us at arms length and maintained a threat of their own. They were fitter and faster and stopped Liverpool ever getting settled in for an onslaught. Had plenty of ball in the middle of the park, and plenty of nice passing.

Only in the second half did they start to drift further back, but even then, they didn't sit back in the same way other teams have - they didn't venture forward, but they filled space well outside their box, right out to around the 40% mark on the pitch to keep us from getting into a "its a matter of time" rhythm around the box. We had to fight for those good positions around the box instead of being gifted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Also Klopp needs to use the players available to him.

Origi is not good enough overall but he's fit and can offer something to the team. Minamino has a decent game against Palace and scores the opener, has not seen a minute since. Every team is tired, get them on late in games, fresh not good enough legs is better than great players that are shattered.

Some of the lads are shattered and you can see it late in games, they'll beat a man and misplace the pass or miss hit the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Salah has been so so bad lately
    Not intrestednin contributing if its not to shoot in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

City firmly in the driving seat now lads, gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Its only really coming to light but Liverpool have been poor all season bar the Palace game where everything they touched turned to goal. Luckily this season every team is very inconsistent so they haven't been too badly shown up. Man City look capable of putting together a run now of 9/10 wins on the trot and that will pull them away from the rest which has been mediocre to say the least....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

DrumSteve wrote: »

Exactly, if Trent did better clearing the free kick this would have just been another frustrating draw.

As bad as our performance was Southampton didn't really attack us, just contained us with good pressing.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No point whinging about referees, we were absolutely muck.

Could play to this time tomorrow and we still wouldn’t score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

City will win the title by 10+ points

hmmm. care to have a charity bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Since when did Hendo become a center half this run of form would remind you of the Liverpool of old and it’s anybody’s title as it stands :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »
    Grim set of results lately but still in it. They need to come up with something different as it's not working.

I asked last week partly joking if Klopp would think of going back to the heavy metal style of football we played in 2017 before VVD arrived and he changed it to a more controlling game. Now that VVD is out long term and we cant keep clean sheets we need to outscore everyone. All the same players who played heavy metal football are still there, they all know that system and it delivers goals, lots of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

De Bhál wrote: »
    Ball on wing, too many sitting in the box and no midfielders running in. Headwrecking stuff.

Fermino trying to take on four on his own

afraid because we are weak back in defence .... have to question Klopp's decision playing our two best CM in defence.... no balance... i'd start the two youngsters in defence and let hendo and fab play in midfield to shield the defence...

worried now...we getting no luck at all...anti luck it seems.... looks like someone is trying to balance out the league....

Utd could end our home unbeaten run...Poggers and the boyz will be at diving trials for the olympics against us i said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Normally i'd try and come away with some positives, but my god that was worse than watching paint dry.

The biggest thing from me is the constant long balls, where is our passing through the ranks gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

There's never a time to mention referees it seems, when you win it's "who cares?" and when you lose you're being bitter.

There's a legitimate conversation to be had about the quality of refereeing while also still acknowledging Liverpool's lacklustre performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Marriner is on one tonight lol.

we usually do not get anything from him.... he like's the physical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We should be sending the kids out in the cup to see what they can do. I also hope that the squad is sent out for warm weather training in Dubai (if possible) this year. Change of scenery/weather/training would help freshen things up, I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

mada999 wrote: »
    afraid because we are weak back in defence .... have to question Klopp's decision playing our two best CM in defence.... no balance... i'd start the two youngsters in defence and let hendo and fab play in midfield to shield the defence...

worried now...we getting no luck at all...anti luck it seems.... looks like someone is trying to balance out the league....

Utd could end our home unbeaten run...Poggers and the boyz will be at diving trials for the olympics against us i said

It'll be a reversal of that game vs Moyes Utd at OT when Gerrard had 3 penalties.

They'll get 3 this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I asked last week partly joking if Klopp would think of going back to the heavy metal style of football we played in 2017 before VVD arrived and he changed it to a more controlling game. Now that VVD is out long term and we cant keep clean sheets we need to outscore everyone. All the same players who played heavy metal football are still there, they all know that system and it delivers goals, lots of them.

Yup, or go in to some games and give up possession. See how the other team react when Liverpool don't want the ball, do they slowly get confidence and try to play a little?

Have to try something else anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Front 3 needs a shake up, teams, know how to nullify us at this stage, we are so easy to play against, City will be laughing all the way to the title now I'm afraid, we simply don't deserve it based on performances so far anyway, injuries haven't helped obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Salah puts up a Christmas Tree, Mane has a hissy fit, and the rest is history. Haven't won a game since .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Muahahaha wrote: »

With the schedule and lack of recovery time I don't think that style is sustainable anymore. Look at the running and pressing stats - the whole league is significantly down on previous years. It's why the once-outdated Mourinho method has returned in force.

If we think we have injuries now, I'd say we'd need to convert Kirkby into a hospital if we started flogging the lads to run like that again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So many things wrong.

You can't keep having no CBs, having to sacrifice balance in midfield.

You can't keep having Trent, one of your main sources of creativity, be utterly abysmal.

You can't keep having Mane, though he was our best forward player tonight, be so off form for a long stretch.

You can't keep having players not take responsibility and turn down shots, or snatch at shots. Even Salah turned an obvious one down tonight.

You can't keep having officials not do their jobs. It's not their fault we were bad, but sometimes you need referees to get decisions correct. And those two penalties weren't difficult.

The team has been virtually perfect for 2 and a half years. This is a rough patch. This is a new test for this team. Can they snap the fúck out of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

As others have said, the Utd game could come at the right time.

Utd would love to end the home record Liverpool have - Liverpool must win it.

Some serious chats have to going on behind the scenes to try and fix the problems

Should we switch to 4-2-3-1 to get the two young CBs in and Fab and Thiago in front of them?

Henderson-Firmino-Mane as the 3 and Salah up top

Ardent wrote: »
    Because he's a very good manager and was put through the ringer early into his Saints career.

Personally couldn't give a toss. Every opposing manager is a competitor. They can enjoy the morale victories against another team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ikozma wrote: »
    Front 3 needs a shake up, teams, know how to nullify us at this stage, we are so easy to play against, City will be laughing all the way to the title now I'm afraid, we simply don't deserve it based on performances so far anyway, injuries haven't helped obviously

Jota was perfect for this. Put pressure on the front three and he was putting in crucial performances when called upon. City’s next 4 fixtures should be 12 points for them, so we’ve got a lot of catching up to do. We should be 6 clear, but lacklustre performances all around the pitch and we’re back behind again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Should we switch to 4-2-3-1 to get the two young CBs in and Fab and Thiago in front of them?

Henderson-Firmino-Mane as the 3 and Salah up top

Can't be worse than what we've seen the last few games! Though I'd have an experienced new January CB signing in, no matter what.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    With the schedule and lack of recovery time I don't think that style is sustainable anymore. Look at the running and pressing stats - the whole league is significantly down on previous years. It's why the once-outdated Mourinho method has returned in force.

Yeah that is the downside of heavy metal football, it can tire players out and cause injuries. But just feel we have to adjust something to compensate for having two midfielders playing at centre back and everything being so flat as a result. It took us 75 minutes just to get a single tame shot on target.
    That short corner routine has to go.

The direct ones werent much use either, Soton mopped them up all evening. Without Matip and VVD we have no proper aerial threat in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Personally couldn't give a toss. Every opposing manager is a competitor. They can enjoy the morale victories against another team.

It's ok, you don't need to start crying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/BassTunedToRed/status/1346215965990776840

incredible statistic.

We are trying to walk the ball in

brevity wrote: »
    As others have said, the Utd game could come at the right time.

Utd would love to end the home record Liverpool have - Liverpool must win it.

Some serious chats have to going on behind the scenes to try and fix the problems

I was expecting those serious chats to be happening after the Fulham game. Then the West Brom game. Then the Newcastle game.....

It looks a psychological problem in that they seem to be using this injury crisis as an excuse for poor performances

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement