Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It will be different now but I think if it went ahead against there first team we would have went strong ,

Past history with the FA Cup and Klopp has shown he has never gone full strength, sure even V Everton he went with a mix of players, so you would never have been able to compare games. Also who knows Villa may get 4 deflected goals again tonight just like in the league game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

What other LBs are there in the youth team? Larouchi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

retalivity wrote: »
    What other LBs are there in the youth team? Larouchi?

I'd be fairly certain John Arne Riise could still do a job

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭KevRossi

brevity wrote: »
    Seems irresponsible

They've all been tested in the last 36 hours, so can't be an issue.
    Past history with the FA Cup and Klopp has shown he has never gone full strength, sure even V Everton he went with a mix of players, so you would never have been able to compare games. Also who knows Villa may get 4 deflected goals again tonight just like in the league game.

Gomez and Milner the only two regular starters that day. Origi, Lallana and Minamino started as well.

Team was

Adrian
    N. Williams
    Phillips
    Gomez
    Milner
    Lallana
    Chirivella
    Jones
    Elliott
    Minamino
    Origi

Still can't believe we won that match. :D

Just to jog our memories:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Milner only played about 5 minutes aswell. Larouci came on.

That win is up there with one of the best under Klopp, given the circumstances & opposition. Everton were bookies favs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You're not wrong, we would have been lost without those 4 deflected goals in that 4-2 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I really hope Klopp has learned from the Midtjylland game and none of our regulars are needlessly risked this evening.

If we can get through playing our back-ups and youths, then great. If not it's no big deal.

I have this terrible feeling of checking the lineup in a few hours and seeing Salah, Mane and Fabinho lining out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I really hope Klopp has learned from the Midtjylland game and none of our regulars are needlessly risked this evening.

If we can get through playing our back-ups and youths, then great. If not it's no big deal.

I have this terrible feeling of checking the lineup in a few hours and seeing Salah, Mane and Fabinho lining out.
    Agree. With Villa set to play a weakened team, now is the perfect time to field a second string.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

I don't agree but I reckon we'll see them at some stage this evening, they haven't been overworked lately and Klopp might use it to get some confidence back in them.

CSF wrote: »
    You're not wrong, we would have been lost without those 4 deflected goals in that 4-2 win.

Would have been 3-2 and if VAR have of done it's business when it was 1-0 when Salah was fouled in the box it may have been a very different game where it could have been 1-1 and not go 2-0 and lead to Liverpool being more open in chasing the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I don't agree with this fully , I think we can go strong and rest,

We played on Monday and have an 8 rest after so its not over load,

I think our forwards need to find form and this can help them ,
    Fabhino and Henderson are playing well so id give them a rest ,
    Gini didn't start Monday so probably needs a run out ,
    Thiago needs rhythm and minutes in his legs id play him .,
    Ox, Shaq ,Taki & Milner need minutes ,

Pity Keita couldn't use tonight for minutes ,

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Nice to have a game to look forward to watch tonight, thought it would of been called off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would have been 3-2 and if VAR have of done it's business when it was 1-0 when Salah was fouled in the box it may have been a very different game where it could have been 1-1 and not go 2-0 and lead to Liverpool being more open in chasing the game
    Ah yeah, was a game won on the finest of margins really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fab & Robbo better be at home tonight watching Netflix and nowhere near Birmingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

We on BBC or ITV tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Lads here thinking they know more than klopp with regards team selection.. laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Lads here thinking they know more than klopp with regards team selection.. laughable.

I sure wish Jota didn't play that dead rubber match that put him out for months and left us missing him badly the last few games....if that means I think I know more than Klopp so be it.

Is it not just people giving there opinion on what it will be
    Don't think anyone claims to know more than the manger ,

Fieldog wrote: »
    We on BBC or ITV tonight?

Neither BT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

There's nothing wrong with people having an opinion on team selection, also Klopp has got some team selections wrong and has been big enough to admit that himself. Every manager makes mistakes and none including Klopp is above criticism when it's warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Surely Klopp will have to take the FA Cup seriously after this game - we could have an easy passage to the semis.

Luap wrote: »
    Surely Klopp will have to take the FA Cup seriously after this game - we could have an easy passage to the semis.

Tonight only the 3rd round, win tonight and its still 3 more wins to get to the Semi final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Will we just close the thread down? Speculating the team based on our different priorities has to be one of the main purposes of the thread.

It's augmented entertainment for the particular entertainment we collectively enjoy.

____

I do enjoy watching the second choice lads, for all my desire to not have to play more games. Hope they show promise.

Wow gone strong
    Neco, Williams, Fab, Milner
    Hendo, Jone, Gini
    Mane Taku, Mo

• Advertisement

A lot lot lot stronger than I thought he would go!

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1347611543463227392?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Jaysus

I thought Ox and Thaigo would start
    Very surprised with, Fabhino

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

We better fúkin win!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

That team is madness. Especially Fabinho. If you can't play Williams and Philips together against a bunch of kids it just reinforces the point we need at least two centre backs to be bought.

Or maybe that's his plan. Drive home the message.

• Advertisement

Fabinho is going to get injured isn't he?

Punishment for playing crap over Christmas is they get to play in the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I assume it's only 3 subs in the FA Cup also?

5 subs as far as I know.

Maybe they are only getting 45 mins. Can justify one or two playing but as many as 5 or 6. Especially Fabinho, Gini & Hendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

No celebrating now lads, not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

I can see the logic. Team needs to play itself into form. A long rest has never done us favours.

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    I assume it's only 3 subs in the FA Cup also?

5 subs in The FA Cup, the only major competition in Europe not allowing 5 subs is the Premier League

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Looks like Fabinho is not going to get a break between now and the end of season, let's hope he doesn't get injured tonight or we're rightly screwed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Imo that team is looking for trouble, another 2 injuries and a scrappy 2-0 win will not do anybody any good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Put out 11 professional footballers and Liverpool would win this game, basically got a bye and picks that team. So confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Ah come on Klopp. Fab, Gini, Hendo, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Robertson and Trent shouldn't be near this squad. There's plenty in the rest to get it done.

Origi, Ox, Shaq, Philips can't play against an under 23's team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

2-7

JPA wrote: »
    Put out 11 professional footballers and Liverpool would win this game, basically got a bye and picks that team. So confused.

Why are you so concerned about what Liverpool or Klopp does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

The next time Klopp complains about congestion and only 3 subs he should be told in no uncertain terms to shut the flock up.
    Absolutely ridiculous team to be putting out. 6 are first team starters, against kids in a competition he has never shown any interest in.
    Baffling.
    Now if we come out 0-8 winners and no injuries it won't have been so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Why are you so concerned about what Liverpool or Klopp does?

He/she is a Villa fan I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Think Klopp is trying to play some first teamers back into form is the only reason I can fathom why he's picked that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

.red. wrote: »
    The next time Klopp complains about congestion and only 3 subs he should be told in no uncertain terms to shut the flock up.
    Absolutely ridiculous team to be putting out. 6 are first team starters, against kids in a competition he has never shown any interest in.
    Baffling.
    Now if we come out 0-8 winners and no injuries it won't have been so bad.

He knows his players better than anyone. They need to play themselves into form

Fromvert wrote: »
    He/she is a Villa fan I believe

I know that but what does it matter to him/her what team klopp picks,why the need to come in here all faux outraged

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Baffling line up, just seems so unnecessary to risk so many key players when we're already bare bones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

The argument to try play into form and get some confidence is a valid one but walloping a load of kids is hardly likely to boost them too much when walloping Palace didn't.

It's far too much of a risk in the particular season to be playing any of the best lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement