Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Think Klopp is trying to play some first teamers back into form is the only reason I can fathom why he's picked that side.

Could make that argument for any of the front players really but Fabinho, Henderson and Wijnaldum is probably a bit mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

A year ago when we where cruising in the league and playing a strong Everton team he played this

Adrian

Williams Gomez Philips Milner

Lallana Chiveralla Jones

Elliot Origi Minamino

That's how much of a **** he has given the FA Cup previously. This team is head scratching, I hope he's asked why he's doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I know that but what does it matter to him/her what team klopp picks,why the need to come in here all faux outraged

I'm not outraged. It's a discussion forum. I'm interested in a lot of happenings in football.
    I just think Klopp will have no credibility if complains about congestion and injuries for the rest of the season.

I know that but what does it matter to him/her what team klopp picks,why the need to come in here all faux outraged

I think you're seeing outrage where there is none. He's poking fun at what was posted earlier about Villa players celebrating against kids and confused like the rest of us with this line up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Jota trending on Twitter I was hoping for some positive injury news or something but nope it's just people lamenting the fact he got injured in a match he wasn't needed in, after the seeing the team news tonight obv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

JPA wrote: »
    I'm not outraged. It's a discussion forum. I'm interested in a lot of happenings in football.
    I just think Klopp will have no credibility if complains about congestion and injuries for the rest of the season.

Liverpool aren't playing again until Sunday. If they didn't play today then it'd be nearly two weeks without a game for some players.

I'd assume that most of the senior lads will be taken off at half time/early in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

What channel(s) are the game on this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Bt sport 1

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

for years Klopp gets criticized for not taking the FA cup seriously and when he does put out a strong team it's considered 'classless'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Villa 48/1. Biggest price I have ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

On paper it really should be comfortable for us, but I wouldn’t take a thing for granted in football.

If it does turn out to be a hammering at Villa’s expense, I hope the lads go completely over the top celebrating each goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They have 8 days off after this and I would assume Klopp is speaking with the medical teams and the players starting aren't anywhere near the Red Zone.

I'd still prefer not to see Fab playing he is the one player we can't afford to pick up a knock.

for years Klopp gets criticized for not taking the FA cup seriously and when he does put out a strong team it's considered 'classless'

It's a very weird shout that. Villa's players celebrated like they won the cup everytime they scored against our under 18s in the Carabao. That would seem to be classless. Hope we don't see any of our lads do that tonight.

They have 8 days off after this and I would assume Klopp is speaking with the medical teams and the players starting aren't anywhere near the Red Zone.

I'd still prefer not to see Fab playing he is the one player we can't afford to pick up a knock.

This won't even be a game though. Getting the 23's in Kirkby to play the first team would give you the same results, with less chance of a wild tackle flying in, much more able to manage the players minutes etc.

I'd have given them a week off but the risk isn't really loading, as you say thats all monitored, the risk is freak injuries of which we've had plenty. You can get them in training of course but we need to mitigate the risk as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

So we're all on celebration-watch tonight, fun times ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Opening goal (or winner) is allowed to be celebrated and that's it! :pac:

A rest for Robbo is actually a great thing. And Trent being rested/dropped too. Fairly small positives in a sea of negativity around the line up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Cannot win, pick a weak team and we lose against United and then we should have played our starters. Pick a strong team and you see the reaction you see now. Klopp isn't infallible, he will make mistakes but he will always make the decision he thinks is right for the team and the players.

The only solution? Keep winning, tonight and then next Sunday as well and nobody will care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Klopp cannot complain about his players being burned out or injuries again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

It's a foolish lineup if true and there is no justification for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Klopp cannot complain about his players being burned out or injuries again.

Why? Are you going to claim that because he doesn't use 3 subs he shouldn't be asking for 5 in the league as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool play a weak team - disrespecting the FA Cup
    Liverpool play a strong team - can't complain about players being tired and only having 3 subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Still some animosity towards Des from their earlier encounter this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Klopp trolling. Mental starting fabinho

rob316 wrote: »

8 days before they play United and players need to get some form

So his reasoning was they trained all week with that team in mind and it was too late when they heard the villa problems to change the plans based on what happened with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

It should be a literal walk in the park tonight - it'll be a training exercise for Fabinho - or should be! No risk ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Completely mad, why not start Phillips or some unknown clogger from the U23s, absolutely bonkers starting Fabinho in this one.

Liverpool play a weak team - disrespecting the FA Cup
    Liverpool play a strong team - can't complain about players being tired and only having 3 subs

There is a middle ground along to go along with all the variables of this season. Liverpool where handed a gift, a tough game against a team that are in great form that already hammered us replaced with a reserve team and a practice match.

We could basically of had a winter break and get minutes into the squad players and kids while resting the lads that have played nearly every game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

8 days before they play United and players need to get some form

Fabinho is in fantastic form, give 90 mins to Phillips in case we need him against Utd at some point, makes zero sense starting Fabinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Jake on BT just mentioned that some of the villa players were dropped off by their parents this evening

Fromvert wrote: »
    There is a middle ground along to go along with all the variables of this season. Liverpool where handed a gift, a tough game against a team that are in great form that already hammered us replaced with a reserve team and a practice match.

We could basically of had a winter break and get minutes into the squad players and kids while resting the lads that have played nearly every game.

Long enough break coming up now between games

Happy with that XI. Onto the next round.

The only reason Fabinho should be starting is if Klopp is going to now give Williams that spot beside him at CB (while Matip is out) and wants them to play as much as they can together.

Long enough break coming up now between games

This is a game in name only. No fans, no first team players, no coaches, playing children. A hard training game against our own 23's gives you the same, a training game against the second 11 a better option.

• Advertisement

This is a game in name only. No fans, no first team players, playing children. A hard training game against out own 23's gives you the same, a training game against the second 11 a better option.

Revenge for what Villa did to Liverpool's youth team last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Looking forward to seeing how Louie Barry gets on against us tonight, very highly rated young striker by all accounts.

Revenge for what Villa did to Liverpool's youth team last season

That's idiotic if it came into the thinking and Villa played a lot of squad players that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Think our injuries are still pretty telling considering only 3 of these lads started in the 7-2 vs Villa

That's idiotic if it came into the thinking and Villa played a lot of squad players that day.

He may have had this team in mind not going to change his plans in a days notice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Quite irritated by parts of that team to be honest.

One aspect of it I understand is playing Mo and Sadio - we're not scoring goals, so I can totally understand trying to kickstart them in an easier game.

But Gini, Henderson and Fabinho I cannot really understand. There's just no justification for them to be starting this game imo. They're too important, and already hugely over-played as it is. Meanwhile senior players on the bench like Shaqiri and Ox could really do with time on the pitch.

Well there we go

We want 10 we want 10

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nice cross, nice goal. Glad there wasnt a celebration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

No doubt we'll have an overeager young lad fly into a tackle on one of our players

Absolutely baffling selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

If Mane and Salah can get their groove back then this will be worthwhile.

Otherwise it's just a glorified training session

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm happy as long as this spells our intent for the remainder of the cup, I'm not particularly invested in the domestic trophies but it'd be nice to win one.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Nice cross, nice goal. Glad there wasnt a celebration.

Shown more class than the Villa players did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Shown more class than the Villa players did

Lol.

Shoulder to Shoulder is now a free kick

Gini would have scored that for Holland :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement