Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

Rhys Williams' touch is also so heavy it's unreal. He gets a ball passed to him with no one near him and the touch leaves the ball 5ft in front of him. His pace is terrible but his touch is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

How many more performances like this before "This wouldn't be happening if Henderson was on the pitch" is finally proven to be nonsense?

To be fair I don’t think Henderson Is the reason why we’re losing??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

jayo26 wrote: »
    I just seen the score and assumed liverpool had put out a team of kids too... Changes or a good kick up the behind needed at half time id say.

Needed that kick a few months now to be fair,very one dimensional and the famous intensity gone a long time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Not to sound dramatic but this team will do well to finish in the top 4 never mind challenge for the title. something is very wrong behind the scenes. Klopp has definitely not been himself lately and it seems to be now rubbing off on the players. I'm not even expecting a reaction from them in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He's not but every single time we play like this without him the response is nothing but people saying these performances don't happen with Henderson playing. He's not some magic talisman that stops lethargic performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Tusky wrote: »
    I’ve said it before, but Williams is the slowest player I’ve ever seen. For that reason alone I don’t think he’s PL quality.

He’d be fine as a squad player in a low-block Allardyce or Dyche team, but he’s not cut out for Liverpool and playing in a high line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Twice in that final sequence someone played a ball to Wijnaldum and made a run into the box for the first touch 1-2, and both times Gini took a touch, waited, then turned around and passed it backwards to Henderson.

Far too much of that sort of stuff alright. You look at City's resurgence of late, and that's the difference. A quicker tempo, first time passes cutting through defences that can't react in time. We're so ponderous of late, taking so much out of the ball and giving the opposition time to plug gaps and track runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Salah is really annoying me lately. I can accept him being utterly sh*t at the moment but not passing to Mane who was in a great position earlier is typical - greedy git.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Are you from the future? Are we losing now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

We need to buy a CB or Two ASAP
    We need something to give life to the whole team get a CB in and Fabhino back into midfeild and mentally player will feel more confident

• Advertisement

Ardent wrote: »
    Salah is really annoying me lately. I can accept him being utterly sh*t at the moment but not passing to Mane who was in a great position earlier is typical - greedy git.

Am I losing my mind? The past few weeks have been nothing but "STOP TRYING TO WALK IT IN AND JUST SHOOT!!" and then Salah gets off one good shot from inside the box that forces a tough save from the keeper and we're back to "he should have passed"

Ardent wrote: »

That’s always been Salah though, it’s a trade-off you have to accept for a player as goal-hungry and ruthless as him.

But yeah, it’s annoying as f**k to watch sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

He's not but every single time we play like this without him the response is nothing but people saying these performances don't happen with Henderson playing. He's not some magic talisman that stops lethargic performances.

OK, you've made your point, and hammered it home a few times at this stage, you win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Cartman78 wrote: »
    If Mane and Salah can get their groove back then this will be worthwhile.

Otherwise it's just a glorified training session

You think 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

People used to think the likes of mig and karius didnt hold us back too much until they seen what a proper goalkeeper can do. It's the exact same with Williams and Phillips as CBs we don't stand a chance this season if they have to play games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Despite the goal Mane's form this season has dropped off a cliff.

He’s probably been the best of our front 3 recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

If Salah gets a chance to shoot from that area of the penalty box, I generally want him to shoot because he will score a lot. It's why he does score so much.

Klopp's head in hands reaction to the goal sums the half up really.

Would expect a response second half and a big increase in passing tempo, but it shouldn't require a half time bollocking to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fab is so badly missed in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Anybody think klopp has lost the dressing room, the performances r getting worse by the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,951 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That Villa goal was very reminiscent of peak Owen IMO.

The centre backs should have dealt with it better, Williams in particular.
    Can't see the villa kids holding us back for the entire 2nd half, can we?

Salah needs to gee up his decision making too.

Anybody think klopp has lost the dressing room, the performances r getting worse by the game

No and I think "lost the dressing room" is a complete nonsense tabloid phrase that means basically nothing, especially in regards to a man who has taken this dressing room to the highest peak of football over the past 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

No

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Come on - don’t be silly. Let’s not get carried away. It’s a rut for sure, amid an injury crisis. But we’re still top of the league and sailed through the Champions League group stages.

• Advertisement

Not sure whether to ridicule this post or report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Even youth team managers have klopp sussed, this is embarrassing to the shirt

If anyone in the dressing room feels lost under Klopp they can fxxk off somewhere else

The midfield 3 need to be able to pass it quicker on the edge of the box, not just play it to the open fullback on the wing for a cross, they need to take some initiative.

EDIT: Thiago coming on, if anyone can do it...

4 games ago we hammered Palace 7-0. Unless Klopp was giving out black eyes for sport then it's nonsense saying he lost the dressing room. This is a bad slump in form. First we've had in nearly 2 and a half years. Was bound to happen eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

:pac:

Ikozma wrote: »
    Even youth team managers have klopp sussed, this is embarrassing to the shirt

I don't think opposition teams are doing anything to stop Liverpool, Liverpool just aren't doing what they did before. The defining characteristics of this team over the past few seasons are intensity, tenacity, and ruthlessness in the final third. That's what we've been missing. That cutting edge is missing, the lads just aren't making the quick runs and 1-2 moves. Instead you see most players getting the ball around the box taking at least 3 touches.

Southampton was a huge example of this - the first half especially. They out-Liverpool'd Liverpool. Out ran and out-passed a team built on those principles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

They look lost even in the tunnel. What was that about?

Thiago as the lone defensive midfielder again though, prefer him to have some cover there so he can push up a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Fab is so badly missed in midfield.

They said that about Henderson!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

No.

The team is fcuked cause part of the spine has been ripped out with VVD and Gomez gone, and Fab played out of position. That defensive base that gave so much stability, confidence, on-field leadership and passing range is no longer there. Add poor form into the mix and you get what we're witnessing on the pitch unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I take that as a no so😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

This could be one of the biggest upsets of all time Liverpool were 1/100 to win this match

SM01 wrote: »
    No.

The team is fcuked cause part of the spine has been ripped out with VVD and Gomez gone, and Fab played out of position. That defensive base that gave so much stability, confidence, on-field leadership and passing range is no longer there. Add poor form into the mix and you get what we're witnessing on the pitch unfortunately.

Gomez? Spine? He’s been an embarrassment since last March before his injury.

Thiago will carve this lot open and send their innards through their letterboxes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Dcully wrote: »
    Needed that kick a few months now to be fair,very one dimensional and the famous intensity gone a long time now.

Probably go through a good spell in second half and batter the kids now. Poor kids.

Salah doesn't look happy at all lately i doubt pool would complain about a few weeks circuit breaker.

razorblunt wrote: »

Jesus what an embarrassing take.

This could be one of the biggest upsets of all time Liverpool were 1/100 to win this match

The second half has just started and its 1-1.

You're comment would be apt if it was the 90th minute and we were 4-1 down

Gomez has been awful since that Man City game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Get fab off the pitch for phillips ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

razorblunt wrote: »

An embarrassment? What a ridiculous overstatement. Gomez would improve this defense considerably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thiago will carve this lot open and send their innards through their letterboxes.

He would want to he is meant to be one of the best midfielders in the world playing agaisnt a bunch of kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

It's like the team has gotten so used to having possession, along with being worried about running out of steam in a congested season that they have gradually slowed down their tempo so much that they're struggling to up it when they need to. You play a certain way constantly it becomes who you are.

All so predictable and slow, easy to play against and now that we're shaky at the back it's even more difficult as one goal isn't enough to win games. The squad players actually getting time could be the answer to shake it up a bit.

jayo26 wrote: »
    He would want to he is meant to be one of the best midfielders in the world playing agaisnt a bunch of kids.

Good to see a fellow neutral enjoying the game ;) :pac:

• Advertisement

Klopp seemingly sitting in TWO seats marked "Do Not Use" at the same time :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement