Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

What put this into context for me was that a lad that my son played football with at school last year, started for Villa tonight. Bit of a mammoth task for Villa, wife is sitting here saying awwwhhh every time they concede now.

Crazy to think you are old enough to have kids.

Mental when you look at it that way too make us all feel old when you see players like Stevie G and Rooney coming through as players and now they are managers.

Thiago is going to be our Bruno. In that if he plays sh!te we struggle and if he doesn't play we really struggle.

He has a fair few penalties to go to catchup :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mungo Bridge and Sil Swinkels in the same team, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

Thiago is going to be our Bruno. In that if he plays sh!te we struggle and if he doesn't play we really struggle.

Minus the 65 pens per season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Salah is so bloody frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Need to save some goals for united, not score 8 and then go 5 games without scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Origi should be thrown on at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

I know he’s been injured a lot but Shaq has been criminally under-utilised in his time at Liverpool.

He's far too lazy to be a regular.

The last time I was over which was the Watford game last season, he just sauntered around while the rest of the team were working their bollox off. Got absolute pelters off the crowd.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Origi should be thrown on at this stage.

My stream is slow :)

• Advertisement

Only difference is that we’ve won a Champions League title, a World Club Cup title and a Premier League title without Thiago.

United haven’t won a thing yet even with Bruno, and he couldn’t even keep them in the Champions League.

You’re comparing apples and very poor quality oranges here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's nice watching thiago not passing it to his teammates head all the time like henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I think Thiago is gonna be Klopps Gary Mac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

jayo26 wrote: »

My join date is Mar 2001, at what age do you think I started posting on boards? To not be old enough to have kids I would have had to joined several years before I was born! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I love Gary but there's a slight gulf in quality between the two :p Thiago is arguably the best player we've ever signed at the time of signing, we often sign really good players and make them into greats but it's very rare we sign a genuine world class talent in their prime, and from the best team in the world no less!

In terms of free agents in their twilight years I'd say Milner is Klopp's Gary Mac, even though he was signed under Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That Mane header is still not getting the credit it deserves from comms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Think he's gonna be a lot more than that!

Gary Mac joined at almost 36 as a bit part talismanic player. Thiago has come at his peak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Mental when you look at it that way too make us all feel old when you see players like Stevie G and Rooney coming through as players and now they are managers.

Just saw the advert on BT for the Derby v Chorley game as well, another of my youngests mates is starting in that one too, yes I agree, I do feel old, remember them both playing together at under 8s, lovely lad, I will not be "lumping on" him to play BTW.

My join date is Mar 2001, at what age do you think I started posting on boards? To not be old enough to have kids I would have had to joined several years before I was born! :rolleyes:

Maybe your posting style comes across as very childish.

Throws grenade and runs.

Incoming ban expected;)

Unlucky that.

To be fair i dont think ive ever gone on your page to see when you joined and im an exclusively mobile style viewer so wouldn't have any bearing on my opinion but happy anniversary to you 20 years of boards takes some dedication. Here is to another 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Thiago, Shaq & Bobby passing between each other :)

Neco Williams looking really great. Great fitness, always tracking back and not afraid to dribble past a few players either. If Trent's form doesn't pick up soon then Neco would do a great job filling the gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It feels slightly unsporting to be playing Thiago.

He is ridiculously good.

Neco has come into the game very well.

Absolutely beautiful simple little piece of play from Thiago there to keep the ball under extreme pressure on the edge of the box, and stun it out to Shaq wide.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Only difference is that we’ve won a Champions League title, a World Club Cup title and a Premier League title without Thiago.

United haven’t won a thing yet even with Bruno, and he couldn’t even keep them in the Champions League.

You’re comparing apples and very poor quality oranges here.

What did we ever do before football was invented a couple year ago :)

I really think Klopp wanted to go with a 4231 this season with Fab and Thiago as the 2, The passing range with those 2 controlling midfield would be something.

I really want to see that happen.

What did we ever do before football was invented a couple year ago :)

So when Liverpool mention their past success it's "Liverpool fans living in the past"

When they mention their current success it's "Ehh football wasn't invented yesterday!"

Choose one :p

I wonder if Djimi still thinks Klopp has lost the dressing room. This really looks like a team that have downed tools.

I've noted 8 Thiago highlights in the last 7 minutes :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It feels slightly unsporting to be playing Thiago.

He is ridiculously good.

He is a level above most, savage player.

Glad a lot of senior players got a run out as they still have over a week to their next game. If they didnt see any action they would be 12 or 13 days between games.
    No injuries, a few goals, next.

• Advertisement

That Barry kid could be one to watch, took that goal beautifully and he has a decent turn of pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thiago is unbelievable, just hope we can keep him fit...

That Barry kid could be one to watch, took that goal beautifully and he has a decent turn of pace.

Was a good finish but it's impossible to judge a player's pace based on them having the beating of Rhys Williams I think :o

Horrendous first half, quite decent second half. Thiago, and to a lesser extent Shaq, the difference.

Thiago really is just mesmeric to watch, just an incredible footballer, has absolutely everything at the highest level. Thought it was interesting how often he looked for Shaqiri, wonder if they've struck up a bit of a relationship on the training group.

Irish eligible too!

Switched from Irish under 15's & 16's to England under 18's last year.

Says alot about him that we aren't begrudgingly hammering into an Irish reserve keeper for making a mistake. Can see why Villa paid nearly a million quid for him.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Thought it was interesting how often he looked for Shaqiri, wonder if they've struck up a bit of a relationship on the training group.

Shaq plays between the lines really well, he's the kind of player who's always in a great position but can be really hard to find unless you've a passer like Thiago in the side. Without Thiago today Shaq would be stood in the exact same positions but just watching endless passes being played out to the fullbacks instead.

So when Liverpool mention their past success it's "Liverpool fans living in the past"

When they mention their current success it's "Ehh football wasn't invented yesterday!"

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Irish eligible too!

Don’t do it to yourself Rebel, it’s the hope that kills you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Thaigo and Shaq where just to clever for the villa lads

I dont think Jones is good enough for us yet,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Michael Owen got wide.
    Not in a footballing sense.

Irish eligible too!

Can he switch back?

He has already switched from Ireland to England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

There was no way we were going to lose this match. Villa had 2 chances and they scored once. When we played our kids against them we had a few good chances before Villa scored twice quickly to kill off the match. In this one after we scored quickly Villa rallied at the back but they were just containing us and then scored a good goal with their chance.

It does seem like we were taking it easy in the first half as well, we aren't a team to rub it in against PL teams so we were never going to try to score 10 to humiliate them. But being level at 1-1 at halftime meant we had to come out and impose ourselves and they had no threat against us. Look at the stats,

Possession, 83% -17%
    Shots, 29 - 2
    On Target, 13 - 1
    Corners, 18 - 2

We did what we had to against their kids, hopefully some of our players did enough to keep sharp for Sunday. Hopefully no injuries either. Not a bad night and I will never complain when we win and don't seem to suffer any injuries.

Great reply and my retort would be that I've grown up to see the team I support since a kid win just about everything in the game multiple times.

I've seen the first league title in nearly 30 years, ive seen two european cup wins which were two glourious nights, seen some of the best players in the world dedicate their peak years and indeed their entire career to the club, ive seen in my opinion the greatest manager ever lived in charge of the club for most of my life.

If united never won another trophy id never trade the joy they brought me the same as the older liverpool supporters wouldn't trade the 70s and 80s for nothing.

• Advertisement

I want Milner to finish his career as a player at Liverpool and go straight into the coaching staff.

Anyway no injuries, a couple good performances for some players still finding fitness, and in the end an easy win....looks like Klopp made the right decision after all.

Can he switch back?

He has already switched from Ireland to England.

Yeah, underage lads can switch back and forth. Look at someone like Dan Crowley who played;
    England U 16
    Ireland U 16
    England U 17
    Ireland U 17
    England U 19

And has since said he'd like to play senior for Ireland.

Barry himself started with England U 15, then switched to Ireland 15's and 16's, and then back to England 16's and 17's.

I know, realistically, he's probably gonna stay with England if he has half a chance of making it with them, but sure we can dream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

....and now you’re gonna believe us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Horrendous first half, quite decent second half. Thiago, and to a lesser extent Shaq, the difference.

Thiago really is just mesmeric to watch, just an incredible footballer, has absolutely everything at the highest level. Thought it was interesting how often he looked for Shaqiri, wonder if they've struck up a bit of a relationship on the training group.

Would they have played together at Bayern?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement