Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah, underage lads can switch back and forth. Look at someone like Dan Crowley who played;
    England U 16
    Ireland U 16
    England U 17
    Ireland U 17
    England U 19

And has since said he'd like to play senior for Ireland.

Barry himself started with England U 15, then switched to Ireland 15's and 16's, and then back to England 16's and 17's.

I know, realistically, he's probably gonna stay with England if he has half a chance of making it with them, but sure we can dream!

The same lad moved from Barcelona to Birmingham. He can’t be that fussy when it comes to internationals. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Can he switch back?

He has already switched from Ireland to England.

Would say fair play to him for scoring - sportsmanship etc - but **** the Barca reject **** after switching to England. Hope the never gets another cap and Fabinhos shirt smells of ****e.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

brevity wrote: »
    Would they have played together at Bayern?

Great shout - spent a few years together at Bayern alright.

brevity wrote: »
    Would they have played together at Bayern?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

All well and good thiago doing all his passing and tricks against a team of 17yr olds, let's see can he do it against urd in 9 days time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great interview from the lad there, the media training will turn him into a bore like every other professional footballer but you love to see that genuine sort of interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ikozma wrote: »
    All well and good thiago doing all his passing and tricks against a team of 17yr olds, let's see can he do it against urd in 9 days time

He's done it for years against the best teams in the world at both club and international level, it's not like this is his first performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

He's done it for years against the best teams in the world at both club and international level, it's not like this is his first performance

Yea but he hasn't done it for us yet has he, I'll be waiting till he plays a few games for us before I declare him the dogs b****x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Ikozma wrote: »
    Yea but he hasn't done it for us yet has he, I'll be waiting till he plays a few games for us before I declare him the dogs b****x

He's a proven dogs bollix and will do it for us.

He's spent the majority of the season injured or infected but has shone pretty much any time he's played so far, he broke records against Chelsea and was great against Everton, including doing this after suffering an injury that would put him out of commission for over 2 months.

AdhawSt.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

He's spent the majority of the season injured or infected but has shone pretty much any time he's played so far, he broke records against Chelsea and was great against Everton, including doing this after suffering an injury that would put him out of commission for over 2 months.

AdhawSt.gif

Joke that didnt count

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Am I the only one annoyed at the result purely cos of the first half performance?

I think the goals only came in the second half because the Villa kids legs tired, moreso than through good Liverpool play. Yes, Thiago & Shaqiri had some good play but as a whole, the team flattered to deceive IMO. Not in a good place pre biggest game of the season. I didn't listen to Klopp afterwards but even Milner seemed a bit off. Maybe the players know it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fitz* wrote: »
    Am I the only one annoyed at the result purely cos of the first half performance?

I think the goals only came in the second half because the Villa kids legs tired, moreso than through good Liverpool play. Yes, Thiago & Shaqiri had some good play but as a whole, the team flattered to deceive IMO. Not in a good place pre biggest game of the season. I didn't listen to Klopp afterwards but even Milner seemed a bit off. Maybe the players know it too.

Midfield was awful again,
    Jones isnt good enough YET for us,

Thaigo and Shaq looked good by simply not passing the ball side ways every time they got it,

Our midfeild has become too obsessed with keeping the ball and not giving it away, This makes them take an extra touch and take 2 extra secnds to look for the easiest pass but whats added to this os they aren't making runs because they are scared if they lose it our back line will be got at, Its football with the handbrake on

The two lads came on and started popping it around quicker bit also shifting there own position,

Our movement lately has been horrific, its been two robotic andnot fluid, Thigo and Keita will help massively with that, also Jota started so well because he makes different runs not just the same ones over and over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

razorblunt wrote: »
    That Mane header is still not getting the credit it deserves from comms.

He is amazing in the air.

Midfield was awful again,
    Jones isnt good enough YET for us,

Thaigo and Shaq looked good by simply not passing the ball side ways every time they got it,

Our midfeild has become too obsessed with keeping the ball and not giving it away, This makes them take an extra touch and take 2 extra secnds to look for the easiest pass but whats added to this os they aren't making runs because they are scared if they lose it our back line will be got at, Its football with the handbrake on

The two lads came on and started popping it around quicker bit also shifting there own position,

Our movement lately has been horrific, its been two robotic andnot fluid, Thigo and Keita will help massively with that, also Jota started so well because he makes different runs not just the same ones over and over

Totally agree. The midfield and the quick play is a big worry now.

Everything just seems so slower, an extra touch, and extra feint all over the midfield and attack. Players are taking the easy option of passing backwards too often.

As you said, hopefully with Thiago and a returning Keita that this can bring back some of the quickness in play. We can't really rely on Keita a whole lot so maybe Shaqiri is the man that can come in.

I remember reading before about a player like Shaqiri, can't remember who it was (actually could have been Shaqiri himself!) but basically while he is fit, just use him as much as we can and get the best out of him while he is fit. He'll eventually break down again so get those 6 performances out of him while he is available. He can unlock defences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ratracer

So a midfield of Hendo, Thiago, Shaq for the Utd game? After our last three/ four games, i’d give it a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

ratracer wrote: »
    So a midfield of Hendo, Thiago, Shaq for the Utd game? After our last three/ four games, i’d give it a go!

Will prob be Gini instead of Shaq

ratracer wrote: »

For that particular game I'd still play Gini over Shaq, we need someone hassling Bruno at all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Diego Lainez has potential, in Klopps hands. Could be next Salah.

• Advertisement

Would not be surprised if it's Hendo & Fabinho at CB and then Gini, Thiago and one of Keita/Shaqiri in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Would not be surprised if it's Hendo & Fabinho at CB and then Gini, Thiago and one of Keita/Shaqiri in midfield.

Yeah I can’t see Williams starting for us again in the PL. He was badly shown up tonight against an academy lad from Villa. I can only imagine what Rashford would make of him. Phillips hasn’t started against any team with pace up front either, which United have.

It’ll be Henderson and Fab at the back if Matip isn’t back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Shudder

#prayformatip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I cannot wait to see more of Thiago - he is a joy to watch.

Forgot to mention it early but even more so than Thiago and Shaq it really feels like Salah and Shaq have a good connection going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Enzokk

And their legs were tired because they were not fit or because they were chasing us the whole match? We were playing against kids, no result would have been good. If we had won 10-0 it would have only been the kids. If we battered them and it wasn't 10-0 only because of their keeper having a good match then our performance wasn't good. If it was only 2-0 or 3-0 but a scrappy result, well I think your post is the reaction.

What result would have satisfied you last night in preparation for United?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

oh how spoiled some of us have become,sickening to me.

we prayed for a miracle for decades,so many lows,false dawns. now we have the best coaches,manager,owners,one of the best teams in the world.

whinge whinge whinge when things arent perfect,and rivals can have a pop. shamefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hopefully henderson off at half time was a planned substitution because if Matip isnt ready he has to play CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I thought Nico put it a few nice crosses last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

oh how spoiled some of us have become,sickening to me.

we prayed for a miracle for decades,so many lows,false dawns. now we have the best coaches,manager,owners,one of the best teams in the world.

whinge whinge whinge when things arent perfect,and rivals can have a pop. shamefull.

A tad over dramatic. It's a discussion forum and as fans are well entitled to put forward our thoughts on the team. Our performances and results have been very mixed this season and it's natural for fans to try and understand why and work out solutions through discussion with other fans. That's all I see here. We are not exactly at the stage of calling for the managers head or demanding players never play again and are sold. Can't keep the discussion about injuries, luck or officiating all of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Grayditch wrote: »
    I thought Nico put it a few nice crosses last night.

Would it be mad to consider him at CB? Definitely has pace and a decent passer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The difference when Thiago came on last night, he has them ran ragged across the park, he has some eye for a pass that I don't think anyone else on the team has, his accuracy is unreal...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Hopefully henderson off at half time was a planned substitution because if Matip isnt ready he has to play CB.

If the plan is to play Henderson at CB against United, should he not have played there again last night, I know the opposition was significantly weakened, but, surely the more time Henderson and Fabinho play together at CB together the better it is, if that's the plan going forward. Someone else could easily have played in midfield instead of Henderson.
    Also if Philips is not going to be involved as he hasn't been in the last two matches, despite our injury situation at CB, should he not be let go on loan or sold on as it's clear Klopp doesn't really fancy playing him and tends to go with Williams before him, even now he's only fourth choice behind Fabinho, Henderson and Williams. I'd imagine he feels hard done by too as he hasn't done much wrong when he has played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Girly Gal wrote: »
    If the plan is to play Henderson at CB against United, should he not have played there again last night, I know the opposition was significantly weakened, but, surely the more time Henderson and Fabinho play together at CB together the better it is, if that's the plan going forward. Someone else could easily have played in midfield instead of Henderson.
    Also if Philips is not going to be involved as he hasn't been in the last two matches, despite our injury situation at CB, should he not be let go on loan or sold on as it's clear Klopp doesn't really fancy playing him and tends to go with Williams before him, even now he's only fourth choice behind Fabinho, Henderson and Williams. I'd imagine he feels hard done by too as he hasn't done much wrong when he has played.

Getting rid of cb at the moment is not a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Anyone think Minamino should get a run in the team? I've been impressed anytime ive seen him in his few appearances this season. Always busy, always looking for the ball, can create spaces for others with his runs in behind, ...for me any time I've watched him this year he's doing all the right things but maybe not getting the reward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Anyone think Minamino should get a run in the team? I've been impressed anytime ive seen him in his few appearances this season. Always busy, always looking for the ball, can create spaces for others with his runs in behind, ...for me any time I've watched him this year he's doing all the right things but maybe not getting the reward.

I've been dying for him to get a good run. There's no excuse now with Jota out

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

I've actually liked what I have seen of Shaqiri when brought on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Getting rid of cb at the moment is not a good idea

Personally I'd play him before Williams, but, if I was Philips and not really getting a look in then I'd be looking elsewhere. I also think that it's difficult for both Philips and Williams as they are not getting a run of games, even when Matip is injured Klopp has chopped and changed between the two and has even gone with Henderson instead of them, which really must fill them with confidence!
    Also think that Minamino has been under used especially during our poor run of form recently when we needed something different, not saying he would have made a huge difference, but, he should at least have been brought on in a few games to see what he could do.

Question was asked yesterday if Thiago and Shaq played together at Bayern, check out these young studs!

ErSIet3XcAEuHyN?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

A tad over dramatic. It's a discussion forum and as fans are well entitled to put forward our thoughts on the team. Our performances and results have been very mixed this season and it's natural for fans to try and understand why and work out solutions through discussion with other fans. That's all I see here. We are not exactly at the stage of calling for the managers head or demanding players never play again and are sold. Can't keep the discussion about injuries, luck or officiating all of the time.

I don't mind people having an opinion and most of, if not all of the complaining comes across as genuine, I do however reserve the right to whinge about the whingers.
    People do overreact but it's not just Liverpool this happens with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Question was asked yesterday if Thiago and Shaq played together at Bayern, check out these young studs!

ErSIet3XcAEuHyN?format=jpg&name=900x900

Shaq has more hair now than he did then ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Bobby Duncan part of the Derby under 23 side playing Chorley in FA Cup this afternoon.

Nice of him to grace them with his presence, thought he was set for stardom in Serie A with Fiorentina.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Bobby Duncan part of the Derby under 23 side playing Chorley in FA Cup this afternoon.

Nice of him to grace them with his presence, thought he was set for stardom in Serie A with Fiorentina.

One of the truly bizarre moves in memory.

It'd be something if he had been moving to the Fiorentina first team but he moved to their underage setup.

Blanco100 wrote: »

Chorley FM , coming in your ears.

One of the truly bizarre moves in memory.

It'd be something if he had been moving to the Fiorentina first team but he moved to their underage setup.

And then to Derby's underage set up at 19/20 years of age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Nerdlingr wrote: »

I haven’t been overly impressed with him at all. Always seems to play the easy ball, is very lightweight, and rarely tries to beat a man or do something unexpected. I’d have more hope for Shaq as an impact sub, once he can stay fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I think I'll come to understand the mindset of MAGA supporters long before I manage to understand people who don't appreciate Thiago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Tusky wrote: »
    I haven’t been overly impressed with him at all. Always seems to play the easy ball, is very lightweight, and rarely tries to beat a man or do something unexpected. I’d have more hope for Shaq as an impact sub, once he can stay fit.

Have you been looking at the runs he has been making? Those are the same runs that Firmino does but doesn't get credit for. He isn't as good as Firmino, but if you are looking at the match you will see he does create space for Salah and Mane.

He also did supply the assist for Gini last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Enzokk wrote: »
    Have you been looking at the runs he has been making? Those are the same runs that Firmino does but doesn't get credit for. He isn't as good as Firmino, but if you are looking at the match you will see he does create space for Salah and Mane.

He also did supply the assist for Gini last night.

Makes great runs and doesnt get the pass a lot of the timr unlike bobby, maybe its a trust thing at the minute with the rest of the team. Reckon if he played with thiago a lot more then we might see his influence grow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

From a purely revisionist point of view maybe rotating bthe front three for the sake of it would have been the best option over Christmas.

While I'm not knocking Jota, he has benefitted from being the unknown quantity in the attack. The others have benefitted from having to work out playing with a new partner.

I'm just saying 60 mins from the start for Minamino in one game and 60 for Shaq in another, with possibly 30 mins in another. Purely for the mental stimulation. Make them do something different.

We're way off this but 13/14 was hampered by Rodgers not integrating aspas, Moses and to some extent Alberto who've all turned out to be decent. It is the first team managers responsibility to bring the fringe guys along because you'll need them in the later stages when games become win or bust. Learning to win with these guys in the team is important.

• Advertisement

Makes great runs and doesnt get the pass a lot of the timr unlike bobby, maybe its a trust thing at the minute with the rest of the team. Reckon if he played with thiago a lot more then we might see his influence grow

Was just about to say the same about playing him with Thiago, he's the only midfielder we've got who constantly tries to pass it centrally, everyone else just sees an open fullback and takes the easy option.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement