Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

Such a shame Jota is missing for this one would have given us the option to mix things up ,

It wouldn't surprise me to see sport cancelled for a few weeks. UK is out of control with Covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

6 wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me to see sport cancelled for a few weeks. UK is out of control with Covid.

if they could just put it back until the big Dutchman is fit that would be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

null and void it from Thursday :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Bailey came off with a knock in the fa cup game. He's United's man made of crackers.

Saw that Bailly was injured, was mentioned in the Utd thread. Strangely, there wasn't the usual likes from the usual suspects when it was posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Saw that Bailly was injured, was mentioned in the Utd thread. Strangely, there wasn't the usual likes from the usual suspects when it was posted.

He took a bang not likely to keep him out of the Liverpool game,
    as good as he has played for them recently id actually prefer him to start for them, he is more likely to jump in and give away a penalty than Lindelöf,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

It'll make a huge difference if Matip is ready and lasts the full match on Sunday, if that's the case I think we should be ok, if he's not available I think it's advantage United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Just saw on Liverpool FC's Facebook Page, a post asking which player's name would people like to have on a Liverpool jersey. I checked in the comments to see people's replies. Interesting enough, it seemed that Bobby Firmino's name was the most popular.
    I wonder is he the most popular player amongst fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1347936418665033733?s=20

more of this please.

I'm going the scream if I watch Hendo and Trent hitting long high crosses into the box to our short players. It's become so predictable and easy to defend. Quick passing through the middle and then bring in our wide players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

rob316 wrote: »

more of this please.

I'm going the scream if I watch Hendo and Trent hitting long high crosses into the box to our short players. It's become so predictable and easy to defend. Quick passing through the middle and then bring in our wide players.

Likewise. It has become so predictable and easy to defend. And, while our front three are good in the air for their size, they're not target men like Giroud, and they're just so dangerous with ball to feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

more of this please.

When did we switch to this style of play seems like only around the west brom game, we turned into moyes united for 3 games 80 crosses a game and not sure why it started happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Your meant to draw us first PETER. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Ugh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Expected, City vs Cheltenham. We are against United away in the 4th round.

Don't really mind to be honest, either we win which case that is always a good day and if we lose it is one more match for United. As for City, one more match as you expect them to go through easily. The 5th round will be played midweek around the 10th February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Will klopp go full strength now, hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

• Advertisement

Thursday night game before the 4th round weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Our draws in the domestic cups are hilarious the past few years.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ikozma wrote: »

I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Away to Chelsea, Villa, Man Utd
    Home to Everton & Arsenal twice.

The cup draws in the last 2 seasons alone!

Before that was Wolves away & Chelsea home in the cups. Season before was WBA, Everton & Leicester.

Have drawn a PL side 11 from 14 possible times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Winner home to Stockport/West Ham/Doncaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

With a draw like that, we’ve no choice but to take it seriously. I don’t care if it’s the first team, the reserves, the U18s or even the women, I never want to see us lose to that shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Fitz* wrote: »
    Away to Chelsea, Villa, Man Utd
    Home to Everton & Arsenal twice.

The cup draws in the last 2 seasons alone!

Before that was Wolves away & Chelsea home in the cups. Season before was WBA, Everton & Leicester.

Have drawn a PL side 11 from 14 possible times.

I suppose we spent so many years losing to lower league teams it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Away to Spurs in the league on the Thursday after the cup game.

It will be interesting to see how serious Klopp takes that game at OT, because of the importance of the league game a few days after.

We should be always aiming to win against United above all teams, forget about the extra game, would perfer an extra game than losing to United. There's no upside or benefit to losing to United ever

Fitz* wrote: »
    Away to Spurs in the league on the Thursday after the cup game.

It will be interesting to see how serious Klopp takes that game at OT, because of the importance of the league game a few days after.

The issue for me is not who we play, it's whether they have more time to prepare when they play us. Spurs will be in the 4th round as well so I am not too worried about playing them after the 4th round.

United is playing more matches between playing us so you hope that will be in our favour. Seeing that we are playing Burnley on Thursday next week it means we can only play the FA Cup match on the Sunday. United play again Sheffield United on the Wednesday the week after so you suspect they cannot schedule the match on Monday.

So we are playing Sunday (United) - Thursday (Bunley) - Sunday (FA Cup) - Thursday (Spurs) - Sunday (West Ham)

United will play Tuesday (Burnley) - Sunday (Liverpool) - Wednesday (Fulham) - Sunday (FA Cup) - Wednesday (Sheffield United) - Saturday (Arsenal)

So we should be in good shape when we play them twice in a week.

Never ever ok to lose to that lot, has to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

These draws can fúck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Full strength. Play to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭KevRossi

If Klopp goes out to beat Utd, we've a very good chance of ending out in the 6th Round. If that's the case then surely it's worth a shot at the Cup itself. I'd love to win it again, it will be 15 years since we last one it, our longest streak since first winning it in 1965.

I know Klopp doesn't value domestic cups, not sure he'll have much choice now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Good for us that they are abysmal at OT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Good for us that they are abysmal at OT.

They're bad at home, we're bad away - sounds like a turgid 120 minutes and then the coin flip of penalties!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    They're bad at home, we're bad away - sounds like a turgid 120 minutes and then the coin flip of penalties!

Oh Yeah, I momentarily forgot about our current malaise away from Anfield!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Oh Yeah, I momentarily forgot about our current malaise away from Anfield!

I envy you for your spotty recollection. The rest of us are condemned to carry the burden of constant awareness of our team’s abysmal away form.
    Oh but to experience your ignorance. For if it was only passing we would bask in that momentary respite but alas, we are doomed to total recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Matip plays in the league for sure if he is fit against Man U and Burnley rest him for the FA Cup other than that the rest of the team should be full strength all the way against Man U x2, Burnley, Spurs, West Ham & Brighton getting the rythme back in there play for the City & Leicester games.

This week is all about seeing if Matip trains ,

The next week is really make or break for our season, United twice & Spurs are absolutely massive games,
    We could be in a great position or just left with Champions league as the only trophy we can get ,

The more you think about it the more amazing Klopp done with us last year for such a successful big club lately our lack of cover especially last year was crazy ,

We had no adequate cover at GK, Left back, right back, or for any of the attacking 3, unreal to have won the title like we did,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I have spent my entire life with the season usually being over by November so if this week goes badly I will get over it quickly. Most of those years I would have killed to still be involved in the CL.

I don't think even if we lose against United and Spurs that we are out of the title race. It would be a blow for sure, but other than City I don't see any other team going on a sustained win to run away with it, and even City is flaky. Let's all just remain calm and have faith in our team, its still a good team.

Markitron wrote: »
    I have spent my entire life with the season usually being over by November so if this week goes badly I will get over it quickly. Most of those years I would have killed to still be involved in the CL.

Table is miles too tight to rule ourselves out even with a couple of losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Oh I certainly wouldn't rule us out, just that it wouldn't upset me.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't rule us form finishing ahead of United with two loses but I think City are about to go on a big run of wins and we need to stay on as close as we can.

I think we dropped to many points in December from easy games ( on paper ) to finish ahead of City , I truly hope I'm wrong ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The officials for the Man U game

Referee: Paul Tierney, Assistants: Lee Betts, Constantine Hatzidakis. Fourth official: Craig Pawson. VAR: Stuart Attwell. Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1969805

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

The officials for the Man U game

Referee: Paul Tierney, Assistants: Lee Betts, Constantine Hatzidakis. Fourth official: Craig Pawson. VAR: Stuart Attwell. Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1969805

Fix is in 5 pens in 10 games for Utd 0 in 14 for Liverpool from that ref :pac:

Looking into this he has reffed 12 Liverpool games and award 1 pen in all those games to Chelsea and missed Mane being held by the keeper in the recent game V Newcastle

Last 10 games he reffed in Utd games he has awarded 6 pens 5 to Utd and 1 against.

Liverpool games
    1/8/2017 V Plymouth - no pens
    13/12/2017 V WBA - no pens
    1/9/2018 V Leicester - no pens
    22/9/2018 V Southampton - no pens
    11/11/2018 V Fulham - no pens
    5/4/2019 V Southampton - no pens
    2/1/2020 V Sheff Utd - No pens
    7/3/2020 V Bournemouth - no pens
    5/7/2020 V Villa - no pens
    15/7/2020 V Arsenal - no pens
    20/9/2020 V Chelsea - pen awarded to Chelsea
    30/12/2020 V Newcastle - no pens & missed Mane being held by the keeper

Utd Games
    19/1/2019 V Brighton - pen awarded
    9/2/2019 V Fulham - pen awarded
    21/4/2019 V Everton - no pens
    24/8/2019 V Palace - Pen awarded
    30/10/2019 V Chelsea - pen awarded
    4/12/2019 V Spurs - Pen awarded
    4/1/2020 V Wolves - no pens
    1/2/2020 V Wolves - No pens
    22/7/2020 V West Ham - pen awarded to west ham
    11/10/2020 V Everton - no pens

Enzokk wrote: »
    I don't think even if we lose against United and Spurs that we are out of the title race. It would be a blow for sure, but other than City I don't see any other team going on a sustained win to run away with it, and even City is flaky. Let's all just remain calm and have faith in our team, its still a good team.

If we lose against both United and Spurs it's hard to see us win it tbh. We'll no longer be in control of the title race, be relying on our rivals dropping points and other teams doing us favours, we'll also need to beat City just to stay in touch with them. If we are to win the title this season we need to be ahead of City after we've played them.

Girly Gal wrote: »
    If we lose against both United and Spurs it's hard to see us win it tbh. We'll no longer be in control of the title race, be relying on our rivals dropping points and other teams doing us favours, we'll also need to beat City just to stay in touch with them. If we are to win the title this season we need to be ahead of City after we've played them.

More points are going to be dropped by every team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Fix is in 5 pens in 10 games for Utd 0 in 14 for Liverpool from that ref :pac:

Serious allegations.. Haven't seen anything reported in media about that.

Utd's best chance in years in this game playing a seriously depleted backline. They'll surely fancy their chances..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Just saw James Pearce advertising this on twitter, thought some of you might be interested...
    539262.jpg

6 wrote: »
    Utd's best chance in years in this game playing a seriously depleted backline. They'll surely fancy their chances..

They best chance is to sit off and counter us ,
    Im hoping our depleted back line and poor form encourages them to come and have a go at us if they do we will pick them off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement