Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game requirements question

Options
  • 06-12-2020 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi everyone. Was going to buy a game for a Christmas present but I have no idea if the computer can play the thing. The game is Total War: Thrones of Britannia. The main issue seems to be the graphics card. The computer has GeForce GT 630 (again no clue really as to what this even means) Does anyone know if this is able to run the game??
    I didn't think these Total War games were any trouble on the graphics card front and thought nearly any computer would play them until someone said I should maybe check. The only back up I had then was an older game in the series (apparently Total War: Attilla should play)

Thanks for any help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm wrong. The GT630 was a rebranded GT440, so it's below the minimum of a GT460.

I suspect it'd still run, just with minimal details and fairly poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

The modern Total War games are quite difficult to run. That one is based on the Engine used in TW:Attila so there's a chance but it won't be a great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LeSponge

Cheers thanks lads.
    The modern Total War games are quite difficult to run. That one is based on the Engine used in TW:Attila so there's a chance but it won't be a great experience.

Yes so I am starting to find out:(
    Oh, so the earlier Attila one may not even run on the thing? Not great. Thanks though, at least I didn't waste money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭Homelander

The "almost any card" is actually true, the problem is the GT630 is a very low-end card from eight years ago!

You can get a card that's about 3 times faster for €40 2nd hand, but it would also be dependent on your processor given the age of the machine. An i5 or i3 from 7 or 8 years ago would probably still be mostly OK for those games, especially the i5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

D wrote: »

Thats a handy guidline but its a shop that makes money from you buying things.

Advertisement