Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego for an adult?

Options
  • 06-12-2020 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can anybody recommend any good sets of Lego for an adult? Looking for something which is a little complicated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,311 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's actually a Lego forum. It's not massively active, but there have been posts there over the past few days and I'm sure there's somebody there would be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Hi,
    Can anybody recommend any good sets of Lego for an adult? Looking for something which is a little complicated.
    Thanks.
    They do these architectural sets,based upon landmark buildings,White House, Eiffel tower etc. quite expensive,but look good and not child - orientated!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hi,
    Thanks.
    Are they a Star Wars fan? One of the lads in work got a Death Star, but with 4,000 pieces, it's pricey! Around the $500 mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Hi Freshpopcorn, there's a Lego forum, used it myself earlier on in the lockdown for info. Some serious Legoers with good advice.
    Technics is one of many ranges Lego do, my favourite as it involves piecing together cogs and pulleys etc. I ended up making the Claas Xerion 5000(model number 42054)burnt the candle oil it was so engrossing.
    Depends on what you're looking for, I'm an extreme novice but the amount of lego kits out there is phenomenal. Bricklink.com is the goto site, but if its a Christmas present I'd rule that out tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

sandyxxx wrote: »
    They do these architectural sets,based upon landmark buildings,White House, Eiffel tower etc. quite expensive,but look good and not child - orientated!

Love the Frank Lloyd Wright "Falling Water" lego set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Technic. Can never go wrong with Technic. Huge variety in terms of price as well to whatever fits your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks, I ordered something. I ended up getting The Empire State Building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

My son has the White House - it looks really well when built.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LEGOJim1989

I would go for the LEGO Loop Coaster or Motorised Lighthouse, both great fun.

Advertisement