Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redesigned engagement ring what yo do.

• 07-12-2020 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey guys.
    So my lovely mum passed away 3 months ago. I cared for her and she passed away in my home and left me here engagement ring.
    I passed it onto a jewelers today to combine mine and my mums together as one.

So my question is.
    I'm 18 very happy years married. But the engagement was a disaster. He proposed to me in his mother's sitting room.
    Anyway.... I'd love to purpose to him back with the same but different ring in a special place.
    Are my doing the correct thing or are my jinxing our original engagement almost 21 years ago.
    Any opinions welcome please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

There is no such thing as jinxing!

I personally don't see why you would try to link your own engagement with your mother's. Your engagement was what it was. It doesn't make sense to me that you would "propose" to your husband of 18 years with a ring for yourself. Would it not be better to get a beautiful ring made from your mother's ring so it can bring it's own special memory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Why do anything with it? Combining it or remaking something out of it begins with the destruction of your mothers ring! She would hardly have wanted that.

Advertisement