Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Rate Meter

Options
  • 07-12-2020 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭

I've been with ESB over 20 years, had the new smart meter installed a few months ago. I'm going to be working from home (late) and just exploring how I go about getting a night rate. Does this involve anotger new meter, what's the process for existing customers (website seems to only explain process for new customers), any advice or link to info (existing customer) would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Dempo1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

With the day/night meter, the night rate (in effect from 11pm to 8am at the moment, and this goes forward an hour in March) is significantly lower in cost. The day rate is higher in cost though than the rate you are currently paying (24-hour) and the day/night meter standing charge is also. Should a customer wish to have the day/night meter removed and return to the 24-hour rate, there is a charge of approximately €200 for this (payable for works by ESB Networks).

If you would like to continue applying for day/night electricity, contact ESB Networks' Smart Meter help-line, 01 6985005.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi Dempo1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

With the day/night meter, the night rate (in effect from 11pm to 8am at the moment, and this goes forward an hour in March) is significantly lower in cost. The day rate is higher in cost though than the rate you are currently paying (24-hour) and the day/night meter standing charge is also. Should a customer wish to have the day/night meter removed and return to the 24-hour rate, there is a charge of approximately €200 for this (payable for works by ESB Networks).

If you would like to continue applying for day/night electricity, contact ESB Networks' Smart Meter help-line, 01 6985005.

Kind regards,
    Una

Thanks Una, just a final question, I'm on the 24 hour rate, if I want the day/night option would it require a new meter? I'm rural and have had the new smart meter already installed, thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Dempo1,

We must just advise that this would have to be checked with ESB Networks also - at present, they are the point of contact for queries relating to the smart meters.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi Dempo1,

We must just advise that this would have to be checked with ESB Networks also - at present, they are the point of contact for queries relating to the smart meters.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement