Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 screen goes black during calls

Options
  • 07-12-2020 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi. I've a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 but the screen goes black when I make a call and can't end calls. I've googled it and it appears to be related to the screen protector interfering with the proximity sensor. Any help is welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,637 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Moved to the mobiles forum, please read the local charter before posting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Tried removing the screen protector?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Screen protector or case normally. More likely the case as doesn't that phone have a preapplied screen protector.
    Also try calibrate the proximity sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭omeara1113

Having the same issue with Poco NFC so looking for an answer will try removing the screen protector

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Also can be caused by dirt stuck in earpiece if this is where the proximity sensor is. Lots of new phones have only a tiny gap there so easy to get blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Logo

I removed the screen protector and it solved the issue - although it might also have been dirt that was dislodged by taking the protector off.

Advertisement