Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procedure for transferring large sums abroad

Options
  • 07-12-2020 12:57pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am planning on purchasing a house in France (where I am a resident) and will need to transfer a marge sum of money from a BoI account in Ireland to France.

Are there any particular issues, paperwork etc. that I should be aware of and what is the best/quickest way to do it ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi,

I am planning on purchasing a house in France (where I am a resident) and will need to transfer a marge sum of money from a BoI account in Ireland to France.

Are there any particular issues, paperwork etc. that I should be aware of and what is the best/quickest way to do it ?

Thanks
    Hi pickarooney,

Thanks for your post. 

You can transfer up to €20,000 per working day on 365 to payees that have been set up and activated on the new mobile app or via a security code received by post. There is no transfer fee for SEPA transfers and if requested on a working day before 3.30pm the transfer will reach the other bank the following working day. 

If the amount is above €20,000 you can request an Interpay in your local branch. The Interpay form is available here and you will need the IBAN and BIC for the account in France for both online and branch transfers. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Thanks very much Tara. If I were to make three transfers on three successive days that wouldn't be a problem then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Thanks very much Tara. If I were to make three transfers on three successive days that wouldn't be a problem then?
    Thanks for getting back to us. No that would be fine to make the transfers this way. The daily limit resets at 3.30pm each working day so you could make one transfer today, another tomorrow before 3.30pm then another just after that time. The transfer made after 3.30pm would be processed the following day. Hope this makes sense. 

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,

I tried to send myself a sum of money but I got a message saying that I was limited to 10,000 per transaction to this payee.
    Could you help me correct this so I can send the full 20k per transaction?

I can send the account numbers from the originating and destination bank by PM.

Thanks
    Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Tara,

I tried to send myself a sum of money but I got a message saying that I was limited to 10,000 per transaction to this payee.
    Could you help me correct this so I can send the full 20k per transaction?

I can send the account numbers from the originating and destination bank by PM.

Thanks
    Richard
    Hi  Pickarooney,

Thanks for getting back to us and we're sorry to hear you're having difficulty making this transfer. Can we ask you to delete and reinstall this payee using the app? This should then allow you to transfer up to €20,000. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement

Will that affect a pending transaction issued this morning? i.e should I wait until the transaction completes before removing the payee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Pickarooney,

This would not affect any transfers that have already been made on your account. These will go through as normal.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement