Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa21

Options
  • 07-12-2020 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hello
    I've never posted here before. To say I haven't a clue about gaming would be an understatement!

Looking for some help. Santa has bought Fifa21 for kids for Christmas....in argos. No receipt kept
    So tried to download the disc and it says "sorry this game is not playable here"

I thought that I had bought the wrong game. But it says Xbox on front

Can anyone help please?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Is it this one, by any chance? That one seems to be Xbox Series X/S only, the next generation consoles that just came out last month.

This is the one that'll run on the Xbox One, which I assume is the console you have.

I'd say you'd be able to bring it back to them, explain the situation. Maybe have the record on your back statement on your phone or something, they may accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭countrywoman

CatInABox wrote: »
    Is it this one, by any chance? That one seems to be Xbox Series X/S only, the next generation consoles that just came out last month.

This is the one that'll run on the Xbox One, which I assume is the console you have.

I'd say you'd be able to bring it back to them, explain the situation. Maybe have the record on your back statement on your phone or something, they may accept that.

Appreciate your reply so much

The one I have is the one in your second link
    It says xbox one and xbox series x in the top left corner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Hello, could you elaborate a little more please.

What console is it supposed to be for? Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S?

When you say you tried to download the Disc, what exactly did you do?

With the new Xbox consoles just been launched, their naming can be confusing.

One search came up with the following suggestions for the issue, your having. See the link here.

But don't go as far as resetting the console or anything like that.

If it can't be resolved by any suggestions in that link or any of us here, bring it back to Argos. Hopefully they'll exchange it, without the receipt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

And does it say the same on the disc itself?

bazzz wrote: »
    Hello, could you elaborate a little more please.

What console is it supposed to be for? Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S?

When you say you tried to download the Disc, what exactly did you do?

With the new Xbox consoles just been launched, their naming can be confusing.

One search came up with the following suggestions for the issue, your having. See the link here.

But don't go as far as resetting the console or anything like that.

If it can't be resolved by any suggestions in that link or any of us here, bring it back to Argos. Hopefully they'll exchange it, without the receipt.

Bazz thank you
    I will have a look at the link you posted

• Advertisement

Catinabox
    Yes it says same on the disc

Advertisement