Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in England but Working for a Irish Company

Options
  • 07-12-2020 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I'm looking for some advice.

I plan on moving to England next year while still working for an Irish company(remotely from England).
    they plan to just continue to pay me into my Irish account so id be taxed as normal as if i was living in Ireland.

however what sort of implications would these have when I would be living in England? would I have to pay double tax or would I be able to claim some of the Irish tax back at the end of the year. do I have to notify revenue in both countries? what options are out there for me.?

I've reached out to revenue for some advice but based on previous experience they are very slow to get back to me.

i am a dual citizen of Ireland and Britain if that makes any difference.

any information would be great,

thanks.
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

KNOWLEC wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking for some advice.

I plan on moving to England next year while still working for an Irish company(remotely from England).
    they plan to just continue to pay me into my Irish account so id be taxed as normal as if i was living in Ireland.

however what sort of implications would these have when I would be living in England? would I have to pay double tax or would I be able to claim some of the Irish tax back at the end of the year. do I have to notify revenue in both countries? what options are out there for me.?

I've reached out to revenue for some advice but based on previous experience they are very slow to get back to me.

i am a dual citizen of Ireland and Britain if that makes any difference.

any information would be great,

thanks.

Once the over 183 days you would be tax resident in UK which is more complex from a payroll point of view, for an Irish company paying in Ireland. You would be liable to UK tax.

Also this can effect your car insurance, etc as your normal residency may shift also.

You will probably need tax advice or certainly your employer will. Your citizenry isn't relevant here.

Also you posted in the wrong place. ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Advertisement