Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Youths

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

did-you-say-youts-my-cousin-vinny-28871795.png

Sorry, couldn't stop myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

ff1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd like to see the little tossers try that with the cops in some other countries.

The only answer is to beat the sh1t out of them but the Guards hands are tied thanks to the pc country we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

We live in a country where the perpetrators of crimes are the only victims the state cares about. Doing time in this country is also a piece of cake. There isn't an incentive not to be a sh1t in this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Akesh wrote: »
    We live in a country where the perpetrators of crimes are the only victims the state cares about. Doing time in this country is also a piece of cake. There isn't an incentive not to be a sh1t in this country.

Doing time? There is no space in the prisons for anyone caught commiting crime at present. Unless you murder someone or rob a bank you aren't going anywhere.

The system is shagged and a lot of gardai have just given in and are counting the days until a pension.

• Advertisement

They have no facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

I thought the title thread denoted the founding of a new LOI club.

Bit of a shame if areas of Galway go down the pan, it's always had a rep as a safe, friendly place.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

They have no facilities.

Thats it, its why every kid who grew up in rural Ireland is a drug dealer wielding a knife, nothing to do with parenting or personal responsibility, the lack ofa playground caused it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,855 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

They have no facilities faculties.

Fixed that for you. You spelled it incorrectly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thats it, its why every kid who grew up in rural Ireland is a drug dealer wielding a knife, nothing to do with parenting or personal responsibility, the lack ofa playground caused it :rolleyes:

Covid has delayed the building of a playground in my area, and in response my 4 year old has already started snorting coke, nothing else to be doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,752 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Kivaro wrote: »
    did-you-say-youts-my-cousin-vinny-28871795.png

Sorry, couldn't stop myself.

Is this actor the guy that was in the OG Pet Cemetary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is this actor the guy that was in the OG Pet Cemetary?
    Yup, Fred Gwynne who played the Creed's scalpel-fearing neighbour, Jud Crandall, in the '89 version.

(* Sematary :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

BronsonTB wrote: »
    It's no wonder we have so much anti social behavior in Ireland.
    Why is this being tolerated so much?
    Arrested & released.

Zero tolerance is badly needed.

There needs to be better investment in punishing youths than we currently have. Obviously current system is not fit for purpose with so much of this going on all over the country.

Galway Youths throwing rocks as Gardai

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/officer-injured-after-garda-patrol-cars-pelted-with-rocks-as-five-youths-arrested-in-galway/ar-BB1bHV76?li=BBr5KbJ

Thought this scumbaggery only happened in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Take the dole off the parents and if they are not on the dole name and shame them.

Embarrass them into keeping their offspring under control.
    If that doesn't work fine them and threaten them with jail.
    Come down hard on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gardesana Pecher

Punish youths? Yeah right! As much anguish as unruly teens cause, this state is policing revenue and not it's people. A gang of youths is not going to cost the state a lot of money with their antics.

https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-boy-court-hedgehog-abuse-5294086-Dec2020/

Tortured a hedgehog over a 35 minute period. Gardai tied the weapon to to the crime because the hedgehogs spines were lodged in it.
    Was caught on a brand new stolen bike, and robbed a man outside a Garda station.
    Strict supervision for a few months.

Punish youths? Yeah right! As much anguish as unruly teens cause, this state is policing revenue and not it's people. A gang of youths is not going to cost the state a lot of money with their antics.

https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-boy-court-hedgehog-abuse-5294086-Dec2020/

Tortured a hedgehog over a 35 minute period. Gardai tied the weapon to to the crime because the hedgehogs spines were lodged in it.
    Was caught on a brand new stolen bike, and robbed a man outside a Garda station.
    Strict supervision for a few months.

Not the last we'll hear of this chap i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭kalych

Not the last we'll hear of this chap i reckon

What the hell, he stole €30 from an auld fella outside a Garda station...what next? He'll try to burglar the station itself?! He should clearly be placed under supervision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

I'd like to see the little tossers try that with the cops in some other countries.

The only answer is to beat the sh1t out of them but the Guards hands are tied thanks to the pc country we live in.

I wonder were the youths of an "ethnic" makeup? If they were the Guards will back down the media will hush it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

EICVD wrote: »
    Thought this scumbaggery only happened in Dublin?

The 'escape to the countryside' property supplements would give you that impression for some reason alright. The issue needs to be fixed nationally.

Advertisement