Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys using misleading review company

Options
  • 07-12-2020 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place but it's something that I came across recently. I purchased an item from Currys, the item on the Currys website had glowing reviews and quite a few of them. The currys reviews are managed by a company called Reevoo. Who claim to provide independent, impartial and trustworthy review management. The overall score for currys is 95% customer satisfaction, 75% positive for customer support etc.

When the item arrived it was damaged and not the best for the price anyway. Seemed rather cheap and poorly constructed. So I tried to get in touch with customer service over the phone. After hours waiting, getting hung up on etc I sent an email. Days waiting on responses to the emails and when they came they were generic and unhelpful.

After much hassle anyway I managed to arrange a return. Then this Reevoo crowd send me a feedback form. I fill it in, poor customer service, wouldn't recommend, item was low quality and damaged etc.

Their response was "your feedback looks like a complain and therfore it will not be published. Please contact currys to resolve your issue". It's easy to see how they have 95% satisfaction rating when they're ignoring critical feedback. If you look at trust advisor, or any other review site currys are slated. 1/5 stuff.

I know most places will fiddle the feedback numbers but it's still incredibly misleading to claim your review management is impartial and independent while they're clearly just filtering out bad feedback and publishing lies. Reevoo themselves have nothing but negative reviews all claiming their feedback was filtered out too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

DSG have always been a bunch of complete w*nkers in every respect but fair play for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I don't consider any standalone review site trustworthy realistically; particularly when retailers start pushing them - they need to fund themselves and there's very obvious methods to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

L1011 wrote: »
    I don't consider any standalone review site trustworthy realistically; particularly when retailers start pushing them - they need to fund themselves and there's very obvious methods to do that.

True enough. It's a bit annoying though that they can be so obviously lying about the feedback. Particularly on individual items. It's very deceptive and surely in breach of some advertising law or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DSG have always been a bunch of complete w*nkers in every respect but fair play for the heads up.

+1.

Wouldnt touch then outside an emergency. I'd go to HN first which says a lot.

Advertisement