If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV for bedroom - Recommendation

Options
  • 07-12-2020 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi,

As returning customer, looking for suggestions for bedroom TV, thinking between 55-60 inch 

Got LG C8 65 for living room last year, hence LG is preferred option, but open to ideas. Did some research and 

LG OLED55BX6LB Vs LG OLED55CX5LB  - only processor difference, rest all seems same as per compare feature, would it be noticeable or make any difference considering the usage

Thanks,
    D0157063

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

d0157063 wrote: »
    Hi,

As returning customer, looking for suggestions for bedroom TV, thinking between 55-60 inch 

Got LG C8 65 for living room last year, hence LG is preferred option, but open to ideas. Did some research and 

LG OLED55BX6LB Vs LG OLED55CX5LB  - only processor difference, rest all seems same as per compare feature, would it be noticeable or make any difference considering the usage

Thanks,
    D0157063
    Hi D0157063.

Thanks for coming back to us :)

The OLED's are still the ones to go for.

The processor is the main difference but the 55CX has all its HDMI inputs for the new HDMI rating whereas the 55BX only has the two.
    This might not be overly important if the TV is for the bedroom as you will mostly like only have one or two sources connected to it.

Both are amazing televisions and improve on the older OED's. (I've had mine 3 years now and I'm tempted to buy either the BX or CX myself).
    As I would be using it in the living room I'd go for the CX for the likes of the PS5 plus SKY Q, 4K player etc....

The CX is currently out of stock and we are awaiting an ETA for more to arrive.
    The 55BX is in stock and ready for dispatch.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks for your details, any alternate options on similar lines, since CX is out of stock, Sony?[/font]

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks for your details, any alternate options on similar lines, since CX is out of stock, Sony?[/font]
    Hi d0157063,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We also have the BX available in stock? It uses a different processor but they're still miles better than the LED TVs!

Another one to look at would be the Philips 55OLED805 which is a fantastic OLED panel!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204898-philips-55oled805-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know what you think of this option!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

thanks will check it out and revert

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

thanks will check it out and revert
    No problem keep us posted!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.