Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working two jobs, 7 days a week

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BigPineapple

If you are not married or have children. I'd say give it a try for a short while and see how it goes (it is hard to find two jobs in general with time that suit time wise). However if it was me, I would not be using that extra income from the weekend work as saving (because it is not much as net pay). But rather I'd pump all of that into pension to get maximum return in the longer run.

That is because bank will probably only take one salary into account anyway when it becomes mortgage application.

Certainly keep an eye on the working time act side and ensure you have that covered and not get your employer into trouble and check your contract.

When I used to have a part time job, I made sure to let my main employer know to get the all clear just as a precaution. Granted mine only lasted for 3 months.

Advertisement