Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixer shower over bath. I’m confused!

Options
  • 08-12-2020 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

I don’t have a shower in the main bathroom, just a bath. I want a mixer shower over the bath. I just had a plumber here to quote for installing one. He said I should buy a wall mounted one i.e. a bar on the wall. I’m confused though. I thought the shower would be fed from the bath taps so I thought I’d be buying mixer bath taps with shower riser. If it’s a bar shower on the wall, do my bath taps stay as they are now? They don’t need to change? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭youtheman

You can do either. Your existing bath taps have no thermostatic (heat) control. So you can keep them and install a separate thermostatic shower mixer overhead. Or you can remove your existing taps and put in a unit with a pipe connection for your shower head. This will not be as 'aesthetic' as the separate shower mixer. I do expect, however, that it will be cheaper as you don't have to chase the wall to fit the shower mixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Advertisement