Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundacy effecting Mortgage application

Options
  • 08-12-2020 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice here.

I was recently made redundant at the end of Nov. My partner and I are buying a house which is due to be completed in May 21'. We are using the HTB scheme and have put a small security deposit down on the property and are currently waiting for the letter of offer from BOI.

Thankfully, i got a good redundancy package from my previous employer and it will mean that i will have addtional savings and shouldn't have to go on any state payments. We have approx 30% of the value of the house on top of the HTB funds.

I am currently interviewing for several roles both permenant and contract aroubd the same salary level I was previously on.

I was wondering does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what the bank may look for when we draw down the mortgage?

Am I right to just jump into the first job i get so I have a 3/4 month build up of payslips?

Any help/advice would he greatly appreicated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

Lavdogg wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice here.

I was recently made redundant at the end of Nov. My partner and I are buying a house which is due to be completed in May 21'. We are using the HTB scheme and have put a small security deposit down on the property and are currently waiting for the letter of offer from BOI.

Thankfully, i got a good redundancy package from my previous employer and it will mean that i will have addtional savings and shouldn't have to go on any state payments. We have approx 30% of the value of the house on top of the HTB funds.

I am currently interviewing for several roles both permenant and contract aroubd the same salary level I was previously on.

I was wondering does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what the bank may look for when we draw down the mortgage?

Am I right to just jump into the first job i get so I have a 3/4 month build up of payslips?

Any help/advice would he greatly appreicated.

I was furloughed from my job in April, having signed contracts for a new build (off plans) in March. BoI said that once I was permanent in a new job, with at least the same salary there would be no problem. I got a new job in June, was permanent in August. BoI asked me to get a new salary cert filled in by my new employer after that. My mortgage offer expired late August, but BoI arranged a fresh offer for me. I had to supply payslips from the new job. The house was completed around six weeks ago. I drew down the funds yesterday, no problems.

My advice is to get a job with a short probationary period if you can. I was lucky as my new job had only a 3 month probation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'd say once you're through probation in the new job you'll be alright, they insist on that I think.

Advertisement