Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online EU based B2B firm sold to consumer - Do I have consumer rights?

Options
  • 08-12-2020 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

So I bought from an EU based online company and went to do an RMA within the 14 days after receipt but the company says that they only sell to companies and institutions etc so there is no RMA.

They do say on their invoice and on their website under Terms & Conditions that "we only sell to companies".

Obviously they do sell to consumers as they did sell to me and to my mind they are using the B2B ploy to avoid being caught by consumer rights rules.

If they sold to a consumer and I bought as a consumer then surely I have consumer rights no matter what they state?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod- moving to consumer issues. Please be aware of the new Charter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Contact the ECC as they are the ones who deal with EU consumer issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

they state clearly that they are a B2B operation and you probably ticked a box or agreed somewhere to the t&cs, so that is what applies.

that you are using it or bought it as a consumer is nothing to do with them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-20461613.html

have a read, abut the exemption here. of course it is possible. do you have any reason to doubt the shops bona fides?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,847 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-20461613.html

have a read, abut the exemption here. of course it is possible. do you have any reason to doubt the shops bona fides?

Wrong thread perhaps???

• Advertisement
Advertisement