Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing sale contracts

Options
  • 08-12-2020 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering has anyone has this issue before.

We posted signed contracts last Wednesday evening and as of this morning our solicitor has not received them.

I didn't register the package as i assumed it wouldn't be an issue sending it to the solicitor an hour away, and the package containing the contracts was sent by standard post.

I paid the cashier in the post office and then put in the postbox myself to be sure it went in.

I've emailed AN POST regarding the delay and await a reply.

Am i jumping the gun here and could this be down to a delay due to COVID and Christmas.

Any advice or ideas would be a help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭nerrad01

Yes known delays with post due to covid and xmas. I would defintiely be sending contracts etc. next day and signed post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

carbuyer01 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering has anyone has this issue before.

We posted signed contracts last Wednesday evening and as of this morning our solicitor has not received them.

I didn't register the package as i assumed it wouldn't be an issue sending it to the solicitor an hour away, and the package containing the contracts was sent by standard post.

I paid the cashier in the post office and then put in the postbox myself to be sure it went in.

I've emailed AN POST regarding the delay and await a reply.

Am i jumping the gun here and could this be down to a delay due to COVID and Christmas.

Any advice or ideas would be a help.

Thanks

Over in the Couriers Subforum is a long thread about postal delays. You may have missed the daily deadline if you posted it in the evening and 4 days to a week seems to be the current average for post within Ireland. I wouldn't panic just yet. Give it another day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭carbuyer01

nerrad01 wrote: »
    Yes known delays with post due to covid and xmas. I would defintiely be sending contracts etc. next day and signed post

Thanks.

yes i know, i slipped my mind when i was doing it, i send so many packages with work that i was going through the motions.

Well its good that least there are delays.

Thanks again

Over in the Couriers Subforum is a long thread about postal delays. You may have missed the daily deadline if you posted it in the evening and 4 days to a week seems to be the current average for post within Ireland. I wouldn't panic just yet. Give it another day or two.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do i find the couriers subforum.

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

• Advertisement

Advertisement