If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turntable query 33/45/78

Options
  • 08-12-2020 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,

do you guys sell a turntable capable of playing 45's and 78's? I've seen some of the players mention 78 but when I looked into it I think I may need to buy a separate cartridge and/or belt.  I'm also considering the B&W 606's, seem's an OK price given the model has just been replaced by the anniversary edition

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Sjkrom wrote: »
    Hi folks,

do you guys sell a turntable capable of playing 45's and 78's? I've seen some of the players mention 78 but when I looked into it I think I may need to buy a separate cartridge and/or belt.  I'm also considering the B&W 606's, seem's an OK price given the model has just been replaced by the anniversary edition

Thanks
    Hi Sjkrom.

Thanks for the post.

There are a few that will do 78's.

Audio Technica LP120XUSB priced at 239 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203925-audio-technica-atlp120xusb-black-usb-direct-drive-turntable.aspx

You may will still require a 78 cartridge for them to play correctly.
    The Platter speed which the LP120XUSB can do is only half the battle.
    https://www.audio-technica.com/en-gb/cartridges/best-for/78-shellac-sp

Most other turntables are only designed for 33/45.

For Project Turntable you have to purchase a 78 adaptor kit and stylus.

The current deal on the 606 standard version at £399 down from £599 is very good indeed. Plenty of stock on these :)

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sjkrom

Thanks for the info!

I do prefer the plainer look of the Audio Technica LP5x, Any combo deals EUR for both the 606 and the turntable?

Thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Sjkrom wrote: »
    Thanks for the info!

I do prefer the plainer look of the Audio Technica LP5x, Any combo deals EUR for both the 606 and the turntable?

Thanks again
    Hi Sjkrom,

I could do you a price of £649/738 euro!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Hi guys, how much is delivery to Dublin for the LP120, if available?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

blastman wrote: »
    Hi guys, how much is delivery to Dublin for the LP120, if available?
    Hi blastmasn,

The LP120XUSB is currently £219 plus £6.99 shipping or 239 euro including shipping!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203925-audio-technica-atlp120xusb-black-usb-direct-drive-turntable.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Thanks David, I'd like to go ahead with this, is the best way to order through the site?  Or should I contact you directly?

Thanks David, I'd like to go ahead with this, is the best way to order through the site?  Or should I contact you directly?
    Hey Blastman.

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you order via the website we can get one dispatched out ASAP to you.

Any questions please let us know.

Thanks lads, order placed via the website.

Thanks lads, order placed via the website.
    Cheers for the order Blastman.

We will get it dispatched out on Monday and our courier will be in touch regarding the delivery.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.