Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing HKC Alarm supplier

Options
  • 08-12-2020 5:25pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm wondering if you could help me out here. I have a standard HKC Wired alarm system install with monitoring.

I would like to change my alarm provider and go with someone else for monitoring. I feel my current supplier is expensive and he has not been transparent about price increases.

I know with HKC this should be straightforward enough to keep using the same hardware (it's a modern system installed 3 years ago in new build).

Just looking for advice how to go about doing this and the costs that are associated with it (self monitoring via app vs complete monitoring) and also costs to transfer over to another provider.

I understand the modem in it is the newer model which takes a roaming SIM and requires a HKC installer to activate it?

Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

yoyo wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm wondering if you could help me out here. I have a standard HKC Wired alarm system install with monitoring.

I would like to change my alarm provider and go with someone else for monitoring. I feel my current supplier is expensive and he has not been transparent about price increases.

I know with HKC this should be straightforward enough to keep using the same hardware (it's a modern system installed 3 years ago in new build).

Just looking for advice how to go about doing this and the costs that are associated with it (self monitoring via app vs complete monitoring) and also costs to transfer over to another provider.

I understand the modem in it is the newer model which takes a roaming SIM and requires a HKC installer to activate it?

Nick

We don't go into pricing on Boards.ie

My advise would be to simply shop around as that system can be taken over by any company who use HKC.
    The hardware you have in place will just be used by another company so pricing will be based on what service you ask them to provide you with.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

altor wrote: »
    We don't go into pricing on Boards.ie

My advise would be to simply shop around as that system can be taken over by any company who use HKC.
    The hardware you have in place will just be used by another company so pricing will be based on what service you ask them to provide you with.

Thanks Altor,

That's exactly what I needed to know. I can ask for quotes and shop around. I assume when alarms are swapped out the bellbox will be changed (no issues with this) to that of the new supplier branding?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

yoyo wrote: »
    Thanks Altor,

That's exactly what I needed to know. I can ask for quotes and shop around. I assume when alarms are swapped out the bellbox will be changed (no issues with this) to that of the new supplier branding?

You will find more installers use HKC than any other brand so finding another company will be the easy part.

Lid can be changed, cheaper than the whole bell :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

altor wrote: »
    You will find more installers use HKC than any other brand so finding another company will be the easy part.

Lid can be changed, cheaper than the whole bell :D

Super thanks for all the info! :D And yes did a bit of homework before going for HKC system for this reason ;)

Advertisement