Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding new RF device to existing HKC quantum 70

Options
  • 08-12-2020 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Can anybody explain how I add new RF devices / sensor to my system? I have the eng code and the installation manual, but I’m struggling to understand the instructions.

I’ve replaced batteries and sorted tamper errors no problem in the past, but the instructions for adding new devices have me baffled.

Thx!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Can anybody explain how I add new RF devices / sensor to my system? I have the eng code and the installation manual, but I’m struggling to understand the instructions.

I’ve replaced batteries and sorted tamper errors no problem in the past, but the instructions for adding new devices have me baffled.

Thx!

Go into device menu, RF devices, add RF device. System will scan devices and show how many it can see. Press quit and then select zone you want said device on. Then open and close the tamper to enroll.
    Device options selects the options for device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

altor wrote: »
    Go into device menu, RF devices, add RF device. System will scan devices and show how many it can see. Press quit and then select zone you want said device on. Then open and close the tamper to enroll.
    Device options selects the options for device.

Thx. When I do that, it seems to recognise the zone, but then says “has no ID”.

I also think I’ve now mistakenly assigned a downstairs door inertia sensor as an upstairs window.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Thx. When I do that, it seems to recognise the zone, but then says “has no ID”.

I also think I’ve now mistakenly assigned a downstairs door inertia sensor as an upstairs window.

When it says no ID the zone has no ID on it.
    The best option is to delete and start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

altor wrote: »
    When it says no ID the zone has no ID on it.
    The best option is to delete and start again.

Cheers - that makes sense. I was doing things back to front. Sorted now :-)

Advertisement