Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional Vaccine Allocation - updated 31/03/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Beasty wrote: »
    Suits me sir!!

Looks like I would move up 3 cohorts (12 to 9) based on this

The issue they identified in the UK was the grey areas between categories, and indeed how things like "essential workers" could be defined

They reckoned that once the vulnerable were vaccinated they would be rapidly moving through any other "cohorts" anyway. It was much more straightforward to allocate based on something that could nopt be fudged - ie age

I think I will benefit too. I am in my (very) late 40s so I reckon I will be offered the vaccine a couple weeks earlier.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Updated priority list, published 31/3/22

1. Adults aged ≥65 years who are residents of long-term care facilities
    2. Frontline healthcare workers
    3. People aged 70 and older
    4. People aged 16-69 with a medical condition that puts them at very high risk of severe disease and death
    5. People aged 65-69 whose underlying condition puts them at a high risk of severe disease and death
    6. Other people aged 65-69 and key workers essential to the vaccine programme
    7. People aged 16-64 who have an underlying condition that puts them at high risk of severe disease and death
    8. Residents of long-term care facilities aged 16-64
    9. People aged 64 years and younger, and people aged 16-64 living or working in crowded settings (in parallel)

More information here

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

9. People aged 64 years and younger, and people aged 16-64 living or working in crowded settings (in parallel)

What's the definition of 'crowded setting'?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

d15ude wrote: »
    What's the definition of 'crowded setting'?
    Minority groups, meat plant workers for example. Could well be what J&J is initially used for.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Don't think it can make much difference anyway, as those working in "crowded settings" are now in the final "cohort"

I guess younger persons working in such an environment may get their vaccination a little quicker than on age alone, but given it is not going to be easy to define "crowded setting" they may simply stick to age anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Has anyone else noticed the priority list is being seriously fudged? I now know two people that have received jabs that don't really qualify. One is a contact tracer, spends her day on the phone, hardly a front-line worker. The other works for a charity, more to do with the homeless than anything else. I struggle to see how they qualify based on the current guidance. It seems to me that government publish one set of rules but don't really enforce them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Don't think it can make much difference anyway, as those working in "crowded settings" are now in the final "cohort"

I guess younger persons working in such an environment may get their vaccination a little quicker than on age alone, but given it is not going to be easy to define "crowded setting" they may simply stick to age anyway

I think the "crowded setting" thing is just arse covering to try and defend themselves from the inevitable criticism when people hear about vaccination clinics being held in halting sites and prisons. They can then go "well it was part of the plan published in March to do them in parallel...."
    Sconsey wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the priority list is being seriously fudged? I now know two people that have received jabs that don't really qualify. One is a contact tracer, spends her day on the phone, hardly a front-line worker. The other works for a charity, more to do with the homeless than anything else. I struggle to see how they qualify based on the current guidance. It seems to me that government publish one set of rules but don't really enforce them.

It's been covered in the other thread about how just about anyone was allowed register themselves as a frontline worker and get vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

It's been covered in the other thread about how just about anyone was allowed register themselves as a frontline worker and get vaccinated.

Yeah I know about that messing with that register, but the contact tracer was invited, I saw the invite. Not sure about the charity worker but I would be surprised if they used the scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

1. Adults aged ≥65 years who are residents of long-term care facilities
    2. Frontline healthcare workers
    3. People aged 70 and older
    4. People aged 16-69 with a medical condition that puts them at very high risk of severe disease and death
    5. People aged 65-69 whose underlying condition puts them at a high risk of severe disease and death
    6. Other people aged 65-69 and key workers essential to the vaccine programme
    7. People aged 16-64 who have an underlying condition that puts them at high risk of severe disease and death
    8. Residents of long-term care facilities aged 16-64

More information here

I know cohorts 1, 2 and 3 have started, and are well underway.

Cohort 3 is led by GP.

I think cohort 4 has started?

I wonder how soon to start the next groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

When are the 37 large-scale vacc centres due to open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I should have posted this here instead of the other thread.

I just tried the vaccine helpline today to find out where I am in the queue, no info whatsoever, this was the number my GP gave me as they are only vaccinating over 70s at the moment. My sister was vaccinated last Saturday as she turns sixty on the 5th but she also has a respiratory condition, asthma and Alpha-1. I've Emphysema myself and I'm 56 and currently been tested for Alpha-1 too as its apparently hereditary in my family. I was surprised the vaccine centre in Dublin didn't ask me my pps number or medical card number, I thought I would've been able to get a vaccination date from them. So now it looks like I'll have to wait for either a letter, email or phone call when I get one. I suppose this online portal will help with information, well hopefully anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

carr62 wrote: »
    boomtown1 im in the same position as your father. Im in cohort 4 due to bmi over 40, but also had major surgery last week ( not bmi related) which looks like im going to take some time to recover from. 2 consultants have told me in the past week that i need to get the vaccine and should get on to my GP about it. My GP knows nothing of vaccinating cohort 4. I was at risk to begin with, but now since surgery with school going children in the house im terrified of the prospect of covid coming in to the house. I dont know where to turn.

Hi Carr

Have you gotten any communication from your GP since? I have a relative in the same category (cohort 4 due to bmi) and I rang their gp on their behalf last week and got no info.

I just wanted to make this thread for people in Cohort 4 for the vaccine who are not involved woth hospitals and have no idea yet when/ how they will be identified. I know it has been said GPs May/will be involved at some point but nothing has been confirmed and most GPs are as clueless.

My own father is in the cohort because his BMI is over 40. (He has diabetes but it is controlled.)

If anyone hears any updated information, please post here. HSE live have been useless both on the phone and by email.

Thanks.

Hi boomtown

Has your Dad heard anything? My Mum is in the same boat with BMI greater than 40. I rang her GP on her behalf last week and they have no info on cohort 4 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

Hi Daniel2021. No ive heard nothing. Called my GPs office yesterday to be told they are vaccinating over 70s and know nothing about cohort 4. Please let me know if you manage to find out anything. Good luck.

Hi Daniel2021. No ive heard nothing. Called my GPs office yesterday to be told they are vaccinating over 70s and know nothing about cohort 4. Please let me know if you manage to find out anything. Good luck.

Will do. Our surgery is only on 75 to 79. I plan to ring them again in a couple of weeks about cohort 4. You might let me know too if you hear anything. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 3mom4

Same boat here still, HSE say GPs doing the vaccinating of cohort 4 when not linked in with a hospital (it's even on the HSE website).

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout/rollout.html

Rang GP again last week, they know nothing of this and are not inviting anyone under 70.

3mom4 wrote: »
    Same boat here still, HSE say GPs doing the vaccinating of cohort 4 when not linked in with a hospital (it's even on the HSE website).

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout/rollout.html

Rang GP again last week, they know nothing of this and are not inviting anyone under 70.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks things will become clearer.

On the same boat too, I rang my GP and the secretary told me to ring this number 012408787 which seems to be the Dublin vaccination hotline, but she couldn't give me any information either. So it looks like I'll just have to wait till I either get called, emailed, texted or I get a letter in the post. I can't help been anxious though now when I hear Cohort 4 is being worked on in some areas of the country and in others a complete lack of information and confusion.

Im still eagerly watching phone, texts and emails but no word yet on a vaccine appointment. Anyone else have better luck ?

On the same boat too, I rang my GP and the secretary told me to ring this number 012408787 which seems to be the Dublin vaccination hotline, but she couldn't give me any information either. So it looks like I'll just have to wait till I either get called, emailed, texted or I get a letter in the post. I can't help been anxious though now when I hear Cohort 4 is being worked on in some areas of the country and in others a complete lack of information and confusion.

I just rang the helpline and they said they dont deal with appointments and hung up straight away! I couldnt even ask a question.

• Advertisement

Daniel2021 wrote: »
    I just rang the helpline and they said they dont deal with appointments and hung up straight away! I couldnt even ask a question.

So i tried again a second time. This guy was more helpful. He said that new guidance has been issued this week re cohort 4 that are not under care of hospitals. They will be vaccinated at their GP's and they should be contacted in next week or two. He said GP's may not be aware of this as it was only a recent decision.

He said if not contacted to contact your GP yourself. I had been planning on doing this anyway in a week or so.

Thanks for that info. Much like you all, i called GP surgery last week to be told they know nothing of cohort 4 ( even though i alerted them to the fact that it mentioned on hse website that gps were compiling lists for cohort 4). They are gonna hate me but i think ill have to ring them again this week. Im still fragile following abdominal surgery 3 weeks ago and ive got 2 kids due back at school in a weeks time so ive never felt as vulnerable as i do right now!

I'm the same. It's for my Mum and she doesnt want to ring herself asking questions. She says she is happy to wait for her age group to be called but at the same time she said she will get emotional when she does get the call for it. I know she wants it but she doesnt want to make a fuss so I am playing the bad guy ringing. I want her to get it when she is entitled to it rather than waiting for her age.

We share a GP and I feel at the end of this I will have to move GP as they will hate me! :) But it will be worth it I she gets that call sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 3mom4

Thanks for the info! I think I will try writing to my GP in a week or so, very hard to keep phoning and just met with reception which is a brick wall and the same result each time.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get on to a standby list at one of the vaccination centres?

Has anyone in cohort 4 in Galway City been vaccinated yet.

Thanks for the info! I think I will try writing to my GP in a week or so, very hard to keep phoning and just met with reception which is a brick wall and the same result each time.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get on to a standby list at one of the vaccination centres?
    They will generate those lists themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

Has anyone heard anything concrete about when Cohort 6 will begin to be vaccinated?

Leinster90 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything concrete about when Cohort 6 will begin to be vaccinated?
    People will be able to start booking on the new system in a couple of weeks if the HSE are to be believed.

Has anyone had any luck? Just had a call from my GPs office to say they are not even half way through the over 70s yet and dont know anything about cohort 4.

• Advertisement

Has anyone had any luck? Just had a call from my GPs office to say they are not even half way through the over 70s yet and dont know anything about cohort 4.

I'm waiting until next week as my mums surgery are on 74 to 79 when I rang last week.

You would think while doing over 70s they would be planning next cohort...even just identifying them at least

Advertisement