Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional Vaccine Allocation - updated 31/03/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Has anyone here heard from the Mater Private? I know my consultant has put my name forward to the vaccine coordinator in MP for cohort 4 but just wondering what vaccine I may get and if it would be through my GP or vaccine centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

What do i do now? GP has told me they have no idea when they will get to category 4. No where near finished over 70s. My local hospital have today informed me that since they referred me to Dublin they cannot put me on vaccine list so i need to contsct Dublin hospital. Did that and they say i have to speak to my GP. Frustrated is not the word

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭TheChizler

carr62 wrote: »
    What do i do now? GP has told me they have no idea when they will get to category 4.
    Presumably you just have to wait until they get to you, it's unfortunate but these things take time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

What do i do now? GP has told me they have no idea when they will get to category 4. No where near finished over 70s. My local hospital have today informed me that since they referred me to Dublin they cannot put me on vaccine list so i need to contsct Dublin hospital. Did that and they say i have to speak to my GP. Frustrated is not the word

Is it a really big clinic? You would think they can estimate how many they have left to do in the over 70s group. Even if they said they think they will start cohort 4 in x number of weeks it would be a help.

I just saw this for 65 to 69 category which is insane when cohort 4 still havent been started in a lot of clinics.

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/covid-19-vaccine-ireland-portal-20339366

• Registered Users Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm giving up with the calling myself, getting nowhere, so will have to wait it out until I get the call. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I'm Cohort 4 and got 1st AZ jab today. Got the call last week.

I had a look on twitter and a Dublin doctor said there was a webinar last night for gps on cohort 4 and 7. He is @knutmoe on twitter and seems to have useful info in his tweets for anyone that is on Twitter.

Edited to add that the clinic he works for as on online form for those to identify themselves as cohort 4 or 7. If only all GPs were as organised!

Daniel2021 wrote: »
    I had a look on twitter and a Dublin doctor said there was a webinar last night for gps on cohort 4 and 7. He is @knutmoe on twitter and seems to have useful info in his tweets for anyone that is on Twitter.

Edited to add that the clinic he works for as on online form for those to identify themselves as cohort 4 or 7. If only all GPs were as organised!

Would you have a link to it by any chance would be interested in a look.

Edit: Scratch that I found him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭sporina

Just heard about the staff in some Dublin/Wicklow school's being vaccinated yesterday - jaysus - this country gets better day by day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

sporina wrote: »
    Just heard about the staff in some Dublin/Wicklow school's being vaccinated yesterday - jaysus - this country gets better day by day :rolleyes:

SNA,s and teachers in special needs schools in fairness .

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    SNA,s and teachers in special needs schools in fairness .

none the less - it wasn't suppose to happen..

what a mess.. if I worked in that field and didn't get it then I would be v annoyed..

Personally I think SNA,s in special needs schools should have been vaccinated with the nurses . Many of them are paeds nurses and are directly involved in hygiene care and tube feeding and looking after kids with tracheostomies etc

Personally I think SNA,s in special needs schools should have been vaccinated with the nurses . Many of them are paeds nurses and are directly involved in hygiene care and tube feeding and looking after kids with tracheostomies etc

totally agree..

but this is just another big feck up in the system...

sporina wrote: »
    totally agree..

but this is just another big feck up in the system...

Well I would far prefer to see them done than HSE admin staff who never clapped eyes on a patient , never mind change their nappies . And no one seemed bothered by that fact

Well I would far prefer to see them done than HSE admin staff who never clapped eyes on a patient , never mind change their nappies . And no one seemed bothered by that fact

no thats not on either..

Still no word at all here about my vaccination in Cohort 4. is there an email address I can contact that might give me answers about the vaccinations for cohort 4 in Galway city as the silence is deafening at the moment and now the press is publishing stories like barbers and hairdressers only dealing with vaccinated customers, although it probably is just dubious speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Still no word at all here about my vaccination in Cohort 4. is there an email address I can contact that might give me answers about the vaccinations for cohort 4 in Galway city as the silence is deafening at the moment and now the press is publishing stories like barbers and hairdressers only dealing with vaccinated customers, although it probably is just dubious speculation.

Well I finally got through to my hospital consultant (the secretary anyway) to be told they are not creating a list of cohort 4 patients, and she doesn't know why all the rollout info says it's the hospitals creating this list!! Beyond belief...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,089 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Email consultant and / or GP as well as phoning / leaving message
    Enclose Name , DoB , contact number and high risk diagnosis , and hospital number / medical record number if you have one .
    Make it easy for them but hard to ignore/ forget .
    Ask for reply , but follow up with calls/ emails weekly until answered.
    Seriously ,this is how I deal with the system and I am in it ;)

I rang my Mum's GP this morning again for her about cohort 4. Still no update or any idea what they are doing.

I last rang a week and a half ago so had hoped there would be some update by now. Anyone having any luck?

Nothing here. But ive been reading that the booking portal for 65 - 69 is due to open on April 19th, and vaccination of that category will begin immediately after. If thats the case, i can only assume that cohort 4 has been forgotten, as i was under the belief that cohort 4 would be vaccinated before the general public 65 - 69. Im giving up hope of being vaccinated any time soon..

• Advertisement

Nothing here. But ive been reading that the booking portal for 65 - 69 is due to open on April 19th, and vaccination of that category will begin immediately after. If thats the case, i can only assume that cohort 4 has been forgotten, as i was under the belief that cohort 4 would be vaccinated before the general public 65 - 69. Im giving up hope of being vaccinated any time soon..

As far as I understand the two groups will be done parallel to each other .65-70 via the portal and group 4 going by hospital lists etc .I know at least one in Group 4 already vaccinated this week

I saw a few articles online that some GP's will opt put pf cohort 4 as the 70+ category put a lot of strain on clinics.

Apparently based on this article the deadline was April 2nd to opt in or out. I am getting no info from the receptionist as to whether they will be doing it or not.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40255016.html

As far as I understand the two groups will be done parallel to each other .65-70 via the portal and group 4 going by hospital lists etc .I know at least one in Group 4 already vaccinated this week

The problems are for those in Cohort 4 that are not under the care of a hospital. This group are then meant to be done by their GP. Cohort 4 are meant to receive first dose by 3rd of May but when they ring their GPs they have no info.

Thanks for that Daniel2021, its the first id heard of the gp "opt in". I might give mine another call and ask if they have opted in or not. I dont like to keep on at them but what choice do we have?

Thanks for that Daniel2021, its the first id heard of the gp "opt in". I might give mine another call and ask if they have opted in or not. I dont like to keep on at them but what choice do we have?

No problem. I cant even get info from my mum's gp if they are doing it. I assume they are are as they arent saying otherwise. It's hard to get any info.

I feel bad ringing too but it's the only way. I've only rang twice but I will be ringing every week until I get some info.

Ive just read an article but i dont know how to post a link. It says that 1,000 gps have opted in to vaccinate cohort 4 out of 1200 total. This vaccination will begin on 12th April with everyone done in the following 4 weeks. It also says that all gps have compiled a list of their cat 4 patients for the HSE. All category 4 to get astra zenica. Sounds great in theory but is thst really going to happen? Mine knew nothing of category 4 a few days ago....

Ive just read an article but i dont know how to post a link. It says that 1,000 gps have opted in to vaccinate cohort 4 out of 1200 total. This vaccination will begin on 12th April with everyone done in the following 4 weeks. It also says that all gps have compiled a list of their cat 4 patients for the HSE. All category 4 to get astra zenica. Sounds great in theory but is thst really going to happen? Mine knew nothing of category 4 a few days ago....

Ya, it is concerning when these are the timelines but when you ring the GP they are no where that and have no info. My main concern is that people will be missed from these lists.

I'm going to go to my GP tomorrow, I know visits are not recommended but I need peace of mind, I'm unsure what cohort I'm actually in, so I want my GP to confirm what one I'm in, then I can relax and wait for the call. If I'm in cohort 4 I'll get done hopefully sometime this month, if I'm in cohort 7 well probably sometime in May early June. In my previous visits my doctor wasn't clear although he did say I was in the extreme risk category.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭HBC08

Daniel2021 wrote: »
    No problem. I cant even get info from my mum's gp if they are doing it. I assume they are are as they arent saying otherwise. It's hard to get any info.

I feel bad ringing too but it's the only way. I've only rang twice but I will be ringing every week until I get some info.

While its very frustrating youre continued ringing is counter productive and helping nobody.
    It wont speed up when your mother gets her vaccine and they cant give you info they dont have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭noplacehere

I’m category 4. I heard absolutely nothing and no one knew anything until I got a text with my appointment. Mad. Then I got offered a second one via my private consultant.

My husband was having no luck. He’s in the care of two hospital clinics, neither of whom know anything. However the GP reception finally rang yesterday to check if we had both been covered. He is now on their list but they said they’re expecting end of April at the earliest.

Advertisement