Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional Vaccine Allocation - updated 31/03/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

I’m category 4. I heard absolutely nothing and no one knew anything until I got a text with my appointment. Mad. Then I got offered a second one via my private consultant.

I will be in this position and just wondering if you were offered the same vaccine by both?

It just seems utterly crazy to me that so many in cohort 4 can get no straight answers at this stage. For all intents and purposes it does appear that no one is taking the lead on ensuring the vaccine reaches this group - no clear direction - yet they are the group still amongst those at highest risk of getting seriously ill or dying if they contract covid. Their underlying conditions that make them vulnerable have not gone away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I know some gps/consultants/hwcs/ngo's etc are doing a great job... but I remember posting numerous times here starting about a year ago..that those under 70 who were high risk were being forgotten about and in my opinion we are seeing that reflected here.. then again why would I expect anything more from the government/HSE/nephet etc.

Disabled or in chronic ill health and young... the cutbacks over the last decade made many unable to access appropriate health/care in a timely manner and feel voiceless and like that they were a waste of space... WHICH YOU ARE NOT...

Time to be persistant and courageous to advocate for yourself or ask someone else too... or if you know someone who is high risk ask them... would they like you to help/facilitate etc on their behalf and too what level especially if they live alone or have no family to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭noplacehere

jellybear wrote: »
    I will be in this position and just wondering if you were offered the same vaccine by both?

Both AstraZeneca. First one (which I took) came with the text for the 12 week gap second dose so I knew it was AstraZeneca. The second one the secretary rang to book me in and it was also AstraZeneca

Both AstraZeneca. First one (which I took) came with the text for the 12 week gap second dose so I knew it was AstraZeneca. The second one the secretary rang to book me in and it was also AstraZeneca

Thanks a mill! Congrats on getting your first dose!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

HBC08 wrote: »
    While its very frustrating youre continued ringing is counter productive and helping nobody.
    It wont speed up when your mother gets her vaccine and they cant give you info they dont have.

I have rang twice and there was a week and a half between the two calls. The second phone call lasted 30 seconds max. I am hardly harrassing them or calling daily. If they updated their website or social media (as I have seen a lot of other GP clinics do) no calls would be needed at all.

She qualifies based on BMI and she hasn't been weighed by her GP in years so if we do nothing she will be missed in cohort 4 and will have to wait until her age group which will be months away! I've seen so many stories of people getting the vaccine who are not entitled to it yet so why shouldn't I do my best to make sure my Mum gets it when she can if all it means is that I ring her clinic every couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I phoned GP today, I just want to know what cohort I'm actually in, so waiting for a call back to confirm this.

Edit: It looks like I'm cohort 7 as the receptionist in the surgery explained that you are in cohort 4 if you have been in hospital within the last year getting treated for your respiratory condition, which I haven't, category 7 it is for me then, so could be May, June or fecking July before I get that first jab.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I phoned GP today, I just want to know what cohort I'm actually in, so waiting for a call back to confirm this.

Edit: It looks like I'm cohort 7 as the receptionist in the surgery explained that you are in cohort 4 if you have been in hospital within the last year getting treated for your respiratory condition, which I haven't, category 7 it is for me then, so could be May, June or fecking July before I get that first jab.

At least you have an answer even if it wasnt the one you were hoping for. Hopefully the rest of the roll out will speed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,089 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Category 7 meant to be starting early May so hopefully ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ck.

Anyone else in cohort 4 still waiting on an appointment from their GP?

• Advertisement

Ck. wrote: »
    Anyone else in cohort 4 still waiting on an appointment from their GP?

My sister is. Have seen in media reports that the GP vaccinations should ramp up from April 26th. Hope you hear soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

Yep.

jellybear wrote: »
    My sister is. Have seen in media reports that the GP vaccinations should ramp up from April 26th. Hope you hear soon :)

Thanks a mil

Just an update I rang my Mum's GP again today. I last rang over two weeks ago and they were still on 75+ at that point ans had no plans or list for cohort 4.

Today I just asked if they were on cohort 4 and they said they couldnt say either way which made me think they must be as last time it was No. I explained about my mum and how she qualifies under BMI and they have added her to the list and she should be getting it soon! It is a relief and it feels like progress. My main concern was that she wouldnt be on the list.

Less than 24 hours later and she has an appointment for the vaccine tomorrow. Absolutely delighted.

Daniel2021 wrote: »
    Less than 24 hours later and she has an appointment for the vaccine tomorrow. Absolutely delighted.

I'm glad for you. But it goes to show, if you hadn't chased it, your mum would have been left waiting, and this seems to be happening with many in cohort 4.

I have still heard nothing from my GP, but was offered an appointment for a vaccine later this week via a clinic I last attended approx 7 years ago.

My GP is still saying yesterday that she is waiting on an update from the HSE on specific dates for cohort 4 & 7 and will be in touch when she gets the information. I think the issue is she doesn’t give the vaccines in the practice but in a mass vaccination centre so maybe all her patients will get done on one day. At least I’m hoping that’s the issue as I’ve 4 friends in cohort 4, all with different GP’s and they all got their vaccine 2 weeks ago.

I'm glad for you. But it goes to show, if you hadn't chased it, your mum would have been left waiting, and this seems to be happening with many in cohort 4.

I have still heard nothing from my GP, but was offered an appointment for a vaccine later this week via a clinic I last attended approx 7 years ago.

Glad you have an appt too.

The phonecalls etc to get her on a list does make me think about people who maybe don't want to ring themselves as they see it as being a "nuisance" whereas if someone is entitled to it in cohort 4 then they are entitled to it. If people dont have someone to ring for them and be that "nuisance" then people will definitely miss out.

My GP now has an update on their website. They are think mid May for first shot for c4/7 and are expecting HSE to confirm by Friday and they will call us on Tuesday to schedule. Hopefully anyone still waiting will also be getting a call from their GP next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Just signed up online 60 to 69, pain in hole as you need a mobile for a verification code. I've no coverage at home so have to walk half a mile down the road and up the hill to get the code but it all went through and allowed me to pick out my GP and their surgery. Supposed to get a text msg back in the next 2-7 days another pain in the hole as I'll have to remember to check each day.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

Just signed up online 60 to 69, pain in hole as you need a mobile for a verification code. I've no coverage at home so have to walk half a mile down the road and up the hill to get the code but it all went through and allowed me to pick out my GP and their surgery. Supposed to get a text msg back in the next 2-7 days another pain in the hole as I'll have to remember to check each day.

Selecting your gp is just for their records, that won’t be where you get your vaccine

Jane1012 wrote: »
    Selecting your gp is just for their records, that won’t be where you get your vaccine

Its where my wife got hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,618 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Sounds like ringing the 1850 24 1850 number would have been much easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

At least it guarantees a bit of a daily walk. Hope all works out.

At least it guarantees a bit of a daily walk. Hope all works out.

I'll check it when I walk the dogs but of course I'll be worried that I'll miss it so I'll have to do at least one other check each day.

Annoys me that the only way this can be set up is with a mobile phone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I'll check it when I walk the dogs but of course I'll be worried that I'll miss it so I'll have to do at least one other check each day.

You can phone them and register by phone

1850 24 1850

You don't have mobile banking I take it?

You don't have mobile banking I take it?

Check the BoI forum. I do but not with a mobile phone I have one of their PSK devices.

There is no need for a mobile phone for verification its quite possible to set up two factor authentication with just a landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Finally getting my first vaccination tomorrow (C7) at my GP's. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

Cohort four.

Finally got a call from my GP's receptionist this afternoon.

Appointment on Saturday afternoon at the GP's surgery to receive my first dose of Pfizer. Absolutely delighted. I can't believe how relieved I feel about having the jab. It's like the sword of Damocles being removed from above my head. The fear of catching this bloody plague was obviously worrying me more than I thought.

Hope everyone is vaccinated very soon.

Take care.

Darth.

Advertisement