Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional Vaccine Allocation - updated 31/03/21

Options
18910111214»

Comments

Its like a bus, none for ages and two arrive together!

About ten days ago I was offered an appointment for a vaccine in Loughlinstown Hospital. Then a few days later I got a text from SwiftQueue saying my Tallaght Hospital consultant had put my name forward for a vaccine in Citywest and they'd be in touch at a later date (still waiting).

Then Thursday morning I got a call from my GP to offer me a vaccine from them which I received yesterday. (Loughlinstown is a good distance from me, and they were delighted when I rang to cancel as they had a reserve list and could offer my appt to someone else).

I'm assuming everyone in the queue at my GP yesterday was either Cohort 4 or Cohort 7. I didn't see anyone I'd think was in the over 60 age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Is anyone else still waiting to hear something about a cohort 4 vaccine from GP? I'm in Dublin, and I really can't tell if my GP is just being crap and fobbing me off. I phoned on Friday to be told he still hasn't heard anything about being able to get vaccines since AZ was taken off the cards for cohort 4. Yet my partner has a different GP and was contacted by them to say he will be on the list for cohort 7 in the coming weeks. Anyone else in Dublin in the same boat? I'm delighted the vaccines are happening, but there are obviously grey areas. I phoned the helpline to ask if my gp could at least refer me to a centre if he can't get it. They said that government aren't allowing this. So instead those in cohort 4-at very high risk are just waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Darthvadar wrote: »
    Cohort four.

Finally got a call from my GP's receptionist this afternoon.

Appointment on Saturday afternoon at the GP's surgery to receive my first dose of Pfizer. Absolutely delighted. I can't believe how relieved I feel about having the jab. It's like the sword of Damocles being removed from above my head. The fear of catching this bloody plague was obviously worrying me more than I thought.

Hope everyone is vaccinated very soon.

Take care.

Darth.

Congratulations. So pleased for you. So frustrated. Also in cohort 4 and no answers. Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Em2157 wrote: »
    Is anyone else still waiting to hear something about a cohort 4 vaccine from GP? I'm in Dublin, and I really can't tell if my GP is just being crap and fobbing me off. I phoned on Friday to be told he still hasn't heard anything about being able to get vaccines since AZ was taken off the cards for cohort 4. Yet my partner has a different GP and was contacted by them to say he will be on the list for cohort 7 in the coming weeks. Anyone else in Dublin in the same boat? I'm delighted the vaccines are happening, but there are obviously grey areas. I phoned the helpline to ask if my gp could at least refer me to a centre if he can't get it. They said that government aren't allowing this. So instead those in cohort 4-at very high risk are just waiting?

I wish I could help here. all I can suggest is keep badgering your GP or maybe find another one, but that can be hard enough too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

Darthvadar wrote: »
    Cohort four.

Finally got a call from my GP's receptionist this afternoon.

Appointment on Saturday afternoon at the GP's surgery to receive my first dose of Pfizer. Absolutely delighted. I can't believe how relieved I feel about having the jab. It's like the sword of Damocles being removed from above my head. The fear of catching this bloody plague was obviously worrying me more than I thought.

Hope everyone is vaccinated very soon.

Take care.

Darth.

I won' t be getting any experimental vaccine on an experimental gene treatment .. thanks but no thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes , a family member in cohort 7 was told the same thing .GP said that they were ready to go , have lists prepared but have to wait for the HSE to give them a timeline for Pfizer doses to be delivered .

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

Congratulations. So pleased for you. So frustrated. Also in cohort 4 and no answers. Argh.

Thanks Em.

Hope you get sorted quickly. Seems to depend a lot on where you live, who your hospital consultants are, or whether your GP is taking part in the vaccination programme.

Best of luck, and stay safe.

Darth.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

I won' t be getting any experimental vaccine on an experimental gene treatment .. thanks but no thanks

If someone choses not to be vaccinated, that's their choice. Each to their own decision, but as someone who has multiple medical complexities, I'd be steering well clear of them until a week after I've had my second dose. However, on the plus side, if someone decides not to have it, there are more doses available for those who do want it.

Darth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It's a good job there are no experimental vaccines being distributed then isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

I finally got my 1st pfizer vaccination. Was told by 2 hospitals that i was on their list about 8 weeks ago, but still havent heard any more from either of them. My GP finally confirmed that she had opted out of vaccinating cohort 4, so i was really stumped as to where to turn. Rang HSE who informed me that as my GP had opted out, i could ask another GP to do it for me. I was very sceptical, but i did indeed find one to do it for me. I think i will be changing my GP , but its all a bit worrying as a cancer patient - maybe better the devil you know? From what i can gather, perhaps its a blessing in disguise that i didnt hear back from the hospitals. I think people on hospital referrals are going to vaccination centres and getting astrazenica yet others in cohort 4 seem to be getting pfizer from GP. Im glad so far that i got pfizer, as no side effects from first jab as friends with astrazenica did have. However, from what ive read i think the pfizer side effects kick in after 2nd jab so ive got it all ahead of me probably! Just grateful to have had a vaccine, i hope all in cohort 4 have had one by now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

carr62 wrote: »
    I finally got my 1st pfizer vaccination. Was told by 2 hospitals that i was on their list about 8 weeks ago, but still havent heard any more from either of them. My GP finally confirmed that she had opted out of vaccinating cohort 4, so i was really stumped as to where to turn. Rang HSE who informed me that as my GP had opted out, i could ask another GP to do it for me. I was very sceptical, but i did indeed find one to do it for me. I think i will be changing my GP , but its all a bit worrying as a cancer patient - maybe better the devil you know? From what i can gather, perhaps its a blessing in disguise that i didnt hear back from the hospitals. I think people on hospital referrals are going to vaccination centres and getting astrazenica yet others in cohort 4 seem to be getting pfizer from GP. Im glad so far that i got pfizer, as no side effects from first jab as friends with astrazenica did have. However, from what ive read i think the pfizer side effects kick in after 2nd jab so ive got it all ahead of me probably! Just grateful to have had a vaccine, i hope all in cohort 4 have had one by now too.

If you are a cancer patient satisfying the cohort 4 conditions then I thin it is inexcusable that neither the oncology consultant nor the GP took responsibility for your care. I am cohort 4 due to obesity and do not attend a GP so I can appreciate why I had to self-register with a GOP. In your case, a referral to the Medical Council would be appropriate. It is fine for your GP to opt out of providing the vaccines but not to opt out of facilitating your care.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

Girlfriend went to a&e yesterday with stomach cramps, it turned out to be covid. We've been good throughout this and kept our close contacts as low as possible so she probably got it from school. She's an SNA in a special needs school. I'm sure she will be fine but can't but help think that she should have been prioritised for a vaccine by now.

Advertisement