Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan divorced people

Options
  • 08-12-2020 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,
    I've seen a lot of posts on here regarding people applying for RIHL scheme, for single it joint applications, but has anyone who is divorced applied for this scheme, and if so have you been successfull. I'm divorced and looking to buy a house, but have been told not to even bother applying, by Clare co co because of a ridiculous clause which effectively says that if you are divorced you cannot have made anything from your home, you can't have sold it to your ex spouse,, you must essentially walk away and leave the home to your ex spouse, that's if your bank will allow you do this. I got a letter from the minister for housings secretary basically saying if I didn't give my house to my ex then I can't apply , even if you have a job, pension , divorce agreement all that crap
    The scheme is a joke,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

There's a thread here in the accommodation and property section. Somebody there might have an experience like yours.

Advertisement