Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most reliable courier to use for next day delivery in Ireland

Options
  • 09-12-2020 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

After reading all the horror stories on other threads here about An Post currently taking over a week to deliver next day express packages posted in Ireland to another Irish address, I am starting to panic! I need to send an important package next day delivery from my address in Ireland to another address in Ireland and I was wondering if anybody knows who the most reliable courier would be? I was thinking maybe DPD? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

DPD should be fine if up to two days is ok, they're 1-2 days. Prices start from €8.47 via Parcel2Go.

I use UPS Standard frequently. I find them reliable. It's normally next day within Ireland but they've extended this to up to two days for the month of December. It's likely to still be delivered next day though. It costs €9.67 for a small-medium package.

If it absolutely has to be delivered next day I'd go with UPS Express Saver. It costs €13.30 for a small-medium package.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, UPS are used by lots of B2B stuff with really tight timelines. I'd go with them if it's time critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I found dpd fantastic from start to finish any time I've used them to send stuff..

I always love when I'm receiving packages delivered with them too

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I use DPD for business

Only small problem with them in past years was after Black Friday

They invested a lot of money and that issue has been solved this year

Advertisement