Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs that you don't need to book?

Options
  • 09-12-2020 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of pubs around Dublin city centre that you don't need to book in and have a walk in policy at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Fitz Simon’s in temple bar had signs in their windows last weekend saying they are only taking walk ins.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Form my experience over the weekend most don’t require booking and many are walk-in only. Find some pubs you like and check out their insta page to find what policy they are operating.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Black Sheep has said walk-ins are fine.

Against The Grain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I was in JW Sweetman last night, I booked, but they were taking walk-ins too I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The gbb bars and porterhouse nassau St are definitely keeping tables for walkups

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what's a GBB bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Skerries wrote: »
    what's a GBB bar?

Galway Bay Brewery

Note that their pubs do not, in general, sell mass market beers - the outer suburban ones generally have Guinness but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Pipers Corner are doing walk ups

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Pretty sure The Bank are taking walk-ins, I remember the last time they were open they were encouraging people in as folks were not bothering with them as they assumed a booking was needed which wasn't the case. Lovely and festive in there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Thank goodness for this. Everywhere was booked out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

A lot of pubs are taking walk ins only, unless you have a history with them. Apparently there were so many no shows last time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Jumping onto this, anywhere that has 2m between tables, so no time limit? Preferably around the Capel St area? Are the black sheep strict on it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭SpencerJC

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Jumping onto this, anywhere that has 2m between tables, so no time limit? Preferably around the Capel St area? Are the black sheep strict on it.......

They were strict on time limit last lockdown, but their tables are quite spread out so once your 2m, your grand to stay as long as you'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

SpencerJC wrote:
    They were strict on time limit last lockdown, but their tables are quite spread out so once your 2m, your grand to stay as long as you'd like.

The 2 metre no time limit has been in since June so I'd imagine if they were strict on time before then they will be now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The Camden doing half booking & half walk in.

Think Sinnotts is fully walk in.

Advertisement