Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MG Cars

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

ELM327 wrote: »

"Made in China" is synonymous with two things. One of which is being cheap, the other is poorly made tat.

The phone or monitor you are reading this on, the keyboard, the laptop, whatever, the shoes you are wearing, the chair you are sitting on. Turn them upside down - there is a good chance they all say Made in China on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

beauf wrote: »
    In fairness Covid seems well made and long lasting.

Ah well according to the Chinese that was made in America, or Europe, they seem to change their minds on that a fair bit :pac:

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

stesaurus wrote: »
    ba_barabus seems to have a weird personal grudge against them. Always very critical and doesn't own one either.

Just dropped mine off for a 1st service and bunch of software updates. I can't wait to be bong free

Not really, I just think it's shabby that they sell cars and don't offer back up.

MG3- Timing chains that fail including the upgraded version, random electric glitches etc

MG6- NLA parts with warranty period eg clutch, turbos, gearboxes, infotainment systems, window regulators

MG ZSE- random electric issues, charging issues, power-packed issues, leaks, erroneous warnings, rust to name but a few, software updates that cause more issues (you seem to have issues yourself as you've said)

MG5- non load bearing roof rails, although in its defence it feels the best built yet even if it looks like a 15 year old Passat estate

There's a few, as others have pointed out they're well covered on owners pages. The bad thing is that when they do go wrong, dealers can't fix them and aren't supported by MG to do so.

I've owned several MGs for the record :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Glen Immal

Went to look at the MG5 today. First impression, it's actually a very small car. Think 3/4 scale passat. Boot is very very narrow. Seats don't fold flat, boot has a highish lip on it. Roof bars/rack is plastic! Unusable....
    For me, not fit for purpose as an estate car, didn't bother driving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Glen Immal wrote: »
    Went to look at the MG5 today. First impression, it's actually a very small car. Think 3/4 scale passat. Boot is very very narrow. Seats don't fold flat, boot has a highish lip on it. Roof bars/rack is plastic! Unusable....
    For me, not fit for purpose as an estate car, didn't bother driving it.

Sounds similar size to the old Golf estate rather than the Passat

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Spotted my first private owned MG during the week in Limerick, a ZS in black. It's very anonymous but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Glen Immal

Sounds similar size to the old Golf estate rather than the Passat

More akin to the polo estate of yesteryear.....was disappointed as I was hoping to change to this from an avensis estate...

Glen Immal wrote: »
    More akin to the polo estate of yesteryear.....was disappointed as I was hoping to change to this from an avensis estate...

Was the interior quality good?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Had a look at the MG ZS recently - like mentioned above, its much smaller than what it looks in the pictures. Shocking colour light blue didn't suit it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

I'm glad I fould a few talking about these EVs and PHEVs. Myself and the OH are looking at switching from a 2016 Avensis 1.6 diesel to the HS PHEV. We were set on the Kuga PHEV, but after driving the HS, we were both hooked. Problem is getting my hands on it before the end of June. I don't know anyone driving one, and most reviews are by dealers, bar one fella in Thailand that seems happey with his.
    We're going to try PCP for the first time, seeing as neither of us have done it before. Alway bought the cars from dealer with our own/CU money.

• Advertisement

Obskure wrote: »
    I'm glad I fould a few talking about these EVs and PHEVs. Myself and the OH are looking at switching from a 2016 Avensis 1.6 diesel to the HS PHEV. We were set on the Kuga PHEV, but after driving the HS, we were both hooked. Problem is getting my hands on it before the end of June. I don't know anyone driving one, and most reviews are by dealers, bar one fella in Thailand that seems happey with his.
    We're going to try PCP for the first time, seeing as neither of us have done it before. Alway bought the cars from dealer with our own/CU money.
    What are the PCP deals like on it? I'd have thought depreciation would have made them expensive compared to rivals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I seen my first electric MG today. It was a 202 reg MG 5. It looked well and super quiet. At first I thought it was a VW Passat but then realised it was an MG and even got a couple of pics.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

They're teasing a 2 seat roadster with a folding metal roof. And a yoke steering wheel...

It's not been named yet, but it says "Return of the Legend" so presumably reviving an old name. It's based on the Cyberster concept.

You're connection is fine. The video really does top out at 240p for some reason

Advertisement