Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Bar of Cadbury Chocolate - Cadbury’s Secret Santa

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

That was a lovely experience, really great gesture from Cadburys.
    The queue moved fairly fast and the "elf" I got was a delightful young gal eager to help :-)

Thanks OP!! Highly recommend anyone who hasn't given it a whirl to jump in. I picked two very young cousins (big bar, they can split it!) and I know this is going to be hilarious with them all trying to figure out who sent it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Tried signing up but saids the que is full ðŸ™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

After over 90 minutes of my camera being on and apparently connected to a postal worker nobody came to me so I gave up

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

Caranica wrote: »
    After over 90 minutes of my camera being on and apparently connected to a postal worker nobody came to me so I gave up

Same thing happened to me. It said “connecting to a postal worker” but all I could see is myself on the camera. Waited another 30 mins and nobody came on so I gave up. I was doing it on my iPad, maybe it only works on desktop?

Can people please confirm if they have go through on iPad or mobile phone or does in only work on desktop/laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

Worked perfectly, great idea from Cadburys. Spoke to a lovely girl and process took no time. Thanks to the original poster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

LilacNails wrote: »
    Tried signing up but saids the que is full ðŸ™

Keep going back 1 step and then to the queue until a place opens up. There must be around 80 open spots. Once they are all filled, the queue closes. But as they release people (every 1 minute or so) the queue opens back up.

Great initiative and super happy staff!

Same thing happened to me. It said “connecting to a postal worker” but all I could see is myself on the camera. Waited another 30 mins and nobody came on so I gave up. I was doing it on my iPad, maybe it only works on desktop?

Can people please confirm if they have go through on iPad or mobile phone or does in only work on desktop/laptop?

I tried it on mobile yesterday and today on Chromebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

Caranica wrote: »

On that screen you have 30 seconds to press the connect button, which appears in the middle. Worked perfectly for me on my mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

I ordered on Wednesday evening. Was number 68 in the queue when I joined it, took 13 mins to get through to a jolly young man, who took the details. Bar arrived in the post this morning, leaving the recipient pondering who on earth could have sent it :D

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic, but I can't for the life of me think why they have implemented verification via a real person!?

To stop people sending multiples to themselves.

I got two secret Santa packages in the post today. One had a card and chocolate, the other only a card. Labels had two different sets of handwriting so not the same person in Cadbury sent both out. I guessed one of my Secret Santas ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Did anybody not get the bar or how long did it take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

Did the secret Santa for the kids on Saturday they received on Friday.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

We done it for 2 of our Kids last Sunday morning and they both came on Wednesday, apparently my wife did one for me last Saturday too but that one hasn't showed up yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I did one 8 days ago and has not arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

sillymoo wrote: »

same as last sunday nothing so far. sure it was free so nothing lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 csonb20

sillymoo wrote: »

Also in the same boat here. 9 days later. I hope it will come yet but it's a long time compared to some of the waits I have read about it. It was a lovely gesture and I really do hope it'll arrive yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Kuevasss

I sent it on the 9/12. My wife received it Last Friday (18/12).

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Hallaz

I did on 14th received on 16th.
    Any dogs in your houses?!

My recipient (my mom) got hers this morning. I called her about something unrelated and she told me, then started going through the list of people she suspected and had asked - she hasn't a notion it was me :D I think it's because the written address isn't my handwriting.

(did it on the 14th for reference)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭daheff

Got mine a couple of days ago.

Nice idea, but can't see why they needed to make you queue or talk to a human.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭lucalux

The one I sent arrived today, I sent it on the 10th. Lovely packaging, was a nice fun idea. Thanks OP :)

daheff wrote: »

Queue because there's only so many operatives, talk to a human to dissuade hoarding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

daheff wrote: »

Queue because there's only so many operatives, talk to a human to dissuade hoarding.

Unfortunately some people just have to try exploit every offer they can and ruin it for everyone else. Even with the human element of interaction with this offer there would be plenty going back multiple times.

The vodafone black Friday offer of cheap phones was a sickening example of this on another thread. People complaining that they only got one of the 3 phones they ordered are then wondering and complaining why vodafone cancelled them.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

DroidJoi wrote: »
    Received two secret santas that I had sent to roommates who have "fled" the country. Had ordered on the 9th. Received today!

As they are no longer around I'm going to change the address and pop them back in the post box! The real santa spirit! :)

If anyone wants to forward on an address they can PM me. Else I'll go on eircode.ie and select a random eircode!

Merry Christmas everyone! :D

Edit:

Update from Santa's Workshop:
    The elves have just wrapped up one of the bars for delivery.
    The bars will be dropped in the Elf Post Box by 9:30am tomorrow (First Collection of the day).

One bar remains - Have you been naughty or nice,. Do you deserve a choc or a sock?

Sent u a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Arrived today! Himself was surprised and delighted

Advertisement