Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being a snow-flake?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭skallywag

OP, I think you are way out of line here, and if someone close to me behaved like this I would frankly be extremely embarrassed. Actually I would extremely pissed off rather than embarrassed.

I agree that you have every right to protect images of your friends, family, etc. No issue there whatsoever. However, you yourself took the conscious decision to send these images to this privately operated company. It is not as if these are official images which were legally required for some purpose (e.g. passport photo, etc.) and which were subsequently falsely distributed, etc. A genuine mistake then occurred, and you have then reacted in this manner, trumpeting 'GDPR, GDPR' for all to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

First off OP, you're correct in what you say that it's a breach. The facts of what you're saying are true and nobody is disputing. But also what you're asking the company to do - to give you feedback on their internal processes which could include employee disciplinary process - could also constitute a data breach if the company complied with you, depending on the info you wanted. You have zero right to access their internal processes. So, you know, glass houses and all that.

Why you're getting pushback here is that I think you're triggering people who deal with people who cry "GDPR" a lot. First off there's the massive hypocrisy above in claiming to care about the sanctity of GDPR while also asking for private internal information, which suggests not actually caring about GDPR at all and instead a concerted effort to escalate an honest mistake from someone. You're not going to get what you're looking for because what you're looking for isn't legal, and continuing to try force the issue only puts pressure on the job of some employee who made an honest mistake at a time when jobs are scarce for everyone. In the background they've likely already caught a bollocking for this mistake, now you just won't go away and let it be. If they're aware of that, think of the anxiety that employee must feel going to work every day at an already anxious time for the entire planet.

It's not that your base concern is unreasonable: GDPR law is in place and taken so seriously for good reason. It's the fact that you seem to want blood over this by following up on it and taking it on as a battle you need to 'win'. You're claiming to cry here and feel attacked but you're also not accepting that this situation has escalated because YOU chose to escalate it, this is a thread YOU decided to create after YOU told your friend about this situation to begin with. They shouldn't have sent out the wrong calendar and been better in how they handled their complaint, fine, but they're not responsible for this 'distress' you're claiming now, that's all on you and your stubbornness to keep this issue alive.

At any stage in this process, you could've let it go and not been upset, you're now choosing to be upset by your insistence on keeping it going. You won't gain anything out of this: you've already got the gift you're looking for for free and no harm will likely befall you or your loved ones. You've highlighted the issue with the relevant people. Don't use their business again if you need a calendar, use someone else. Why are you still pouring fuel onto this? Do you not see that you being upset now is a direct result of the choices you've made to continue to flog a dead horse on this issue? Is this how you want to feel and who you want to be? If not then ask yourself why you can't let it go and what your best case scenario is here to be worth upsetting yourself by keeping it going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

If you actually cried after my post then I'd suggest you worryore about that reaction rather than a calendar or pictures of some kids.

You really need to dial back on this nonsense.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod Note:

the14thwarrior
    Spencer Winterbotham
    Bubbaclaus
    B.A._Baracus
    beveragelady
    Rubberchikken
    Pinoy adventure

Your posts were deleted as they were either off topic, or fell below the standard expected of the forum. We expect all posters to be civil and constructive and offer helpful advice to an op. Nastiness and name calling are not on either.

OP, I've closed your thread as it's more of a consumer issue. We've a forum that might be more helpful https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement