Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season - Week 14 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Oat23 wrote: »
    If anything it's p*ssing me off more. How can you go from being historically bad to now being lethal when it's basically pointless.

The Texans D obviously isn't good but the Bears offense is functioning far better than it has at any point this season.

Texans defense is far beyond 'isn't good', they're really bad. Throw on top of that their recent offense injuries and there is now even more pressure on it.

Bears have looked good today but I don't see the point in getting frustrated based on their performance playing such a poor team.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Penalty didn't help us. But that was too easy for Carolina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

If Stafford played for a competent organisation, he would be an all - time great. He looks good consistently, no matter what sh1te he contends with.

He's a cracking player. I've coveted him since Manning left after SB50. Instead of the drek we have been recruiting in FA we should have been going after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Cripes.... The Chargers..... We mentioned their special teams last week. That is amateurish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Actual lol at the Chargers

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Carson Wentz might need to get comfortable on the bench if the eagles continue to play this well.

Cripes.... The Chargers..... We mentioned their special teams last week. That is amateurish.
    Actual lol at the Chargers

What happened?

D9Male wrote:
    If Stafford played for a competent organisation, he would be an all - time great. He looks good consistently, no matter what sh1te he contends with.

I was just wondering about that tonight. Is he actually that good. I've seen great QBs make bad teams good? . Stafford has never been in contention for anything as far as I remember. He's durable and his stats look good at the end of every year, but I'd expect a decent QB drag his team to the playoffs every now and again.

I know where you're coming from though, is he the Archie Manning of our generation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

What happened?

Ran the ball on third down in the red zone. Had no time outs

Didn’t get the first down, offence lined up like they were going for it on fourth. Only 20 seconds on the clock.

Kicking team then ran out, offence ran off. Got the kick off about the 0 second mark but way too many players on the field.

End of the half

• Advertisement

What happened?

Clock running out for the half, 25 seconds left, 3rd & 3 ish from the 6.... Run the ball, come up just short..... 18 seconds left.... They line up to go for it.... But the FG unit run on to the field..... Half the offense run off, half stay on..... Clock ticking...... They kick the FG but have about 18 guys on the field! Total disorganisation.

Hurts having himself a game

TheDoctor wrote:
    Hurts having himself a game

What do you think the Eagles could get for Wentz in a trade.... A 2nd? 3rd? Is he still on his rookie deal after this year?

What do you think the Eagles could get for Wentz in a trade.... A 2nd? 3rd? Is he still on his rookie deal after this year?

Still on rookie deal now but they signed him to a mega extension that only kicks in next March. Eagles may just be happy to get him off the roster if the team taking him will pay some or preferably most of the guarantees because the Eagles are in serious cap trouble next year.

Colts and a reunion with Reich would be the most likely suitor and they have loads of cap space

Eagles are on the hook for a lot of cap if the move Wentz on though I think

Still on rookie deal now but they signed him to a mega extension that only kicks in next March. Eagles may just be happy to get him off the roster if the team taking him will pay some or preferably most of the guarantees because the Eagles are in serious cap trouble next year.

Colts and a reunion with Reich would be the most likely suitor and they have loads of cap space

.... so absolute worst possible scenario... No one is going to take him on mega deal money. Even Reich in Indianapolis, that said, if they could work something out, that would seem the most likely landing spot.... Rivers is playing out of his mind this year though.... If he was thinking of retiring, I'd say this year, on this team, is making him reconsider.

TheDoctor wrote: »

$60m iirc, you’d be looking at a Brock Osweiler type deal to move him on, may even have to send a pick with him like Houston did that time.

More likely I think is the Eagles change their HC and hold on to him

.... so absolute worst possible scenario... No one is going to take him on mega deal money. Even Reich in Indianapolis, that said, if they could work something out, that would seem the most likely landing spot.... Rivers is playing out of his mind this year though.... If he was thinking of retiring, I'd say this year, on this team, is making him reconsider.
    Yea, that deal they gave him makes it very hard to move him. I think he will stay where he is. A change of coach and some better weapons around him might get him back on track, you never know. Trouble is the Eagles are going to have to blow up the roster for cap reasons very soon. Bit of a mess overall really.

Ran the ball on third down in the red zone. Had no time outs

Didn’t get the first down, offence lined up like they were going for it on fourth. Only 20 seconds on the clock.

Kicking team then ran out, offence ran off. Got the kick off about the 0 second mark but way too many players on the field.

End of the half
    Clock running out for the half, 25 seconds left, 3rd & 3 ish from the 6.... Run the ball, come up just short..... 18 seconds left.... They line up to go for it.... But the FG unit run on to the field..... Half the offense run off, half stay on..... Clock ticking...... They kick the FG but have about 18 guys on the field! Total disorganisation.

Rewound Redzone there to look at it. Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Seattle to new york is a long oul flight, jets should just get changed and go home......

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Seattle to new york is a long oul flight, jets should just get changed and go home......

Not sure their kicker will be getting on the flight.

hynesie08 wrote: »

Geno Smith quarterbacking for the Seahawks...... in the third quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Geno Smith quarterbacking for the Seahawks...... in the third quarter

You could just have the long snapper hand off at this stage.....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

He did his job: Make sure they lose! He deserves a pay rise. :D

So no one wants to win the Falcons and Chargers game

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Falcons-Chargers game is a game of who is trying to lose the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

There'll be a lot if very nervous kickers tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

$60m iirc, you’d be looking at a Brock Osweiler type deal to move him on, may even have to send a pick with him like Houston did that time.

More likely I think is the Eagles change their HC and hold on to him

It's $59.2m in dead cap if he is released.
    If he is traded prior to June 1st -- Dead cap of $33.8m
    If he stays on the roster -- $34.6m

Trading him actually results in more cap space in the 2021 season than keeping him, (assuming you plan on just sitting him on the bench all year) and in 2022 he is no longer taking up cap space, with Jalen Hurts with 1.5 years experience under his belt as a starter.

If he's not the future, it's maybe worth thinking about looking how to clear the books of him, so if you can find someone to take him, maybe it is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,997 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I watched some of the early games on redzone and did end up watching the eagles game in full. Carson wentz might need to start being worried. With the majority of same players around Jalen hurts he played a great game. I don’t see how the eagles don’t start hurts next week. The whole energy of the team was like night and day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I watched some of the early games on redzone and did end up watching the eagles game in full. Carson wentz might need to start being worried. With the majority of same players around Jalen hurts he played a great game. I don’t see how the eagles don’t start hurts next week. The whole energy of the team was like night and day.

Well Hurts was better statisically at Oklahoma than either of Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield. I was surprised he didn't go earlier in the draft.
    He's a powerful runner and has a big arm, build an offense around him and you'll be in good shape imo.

Advertisement