Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signs you are dealing with a 'Rooter'

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Plan for today is mix some slurry and throw out a few loads.

Few friendly pints last night has me slowed, I’ll be handy distracted from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭893bet

If he had put a shot off at them it could have been argued attempted murder.

It’s very premeditated to know someone is stealing timber and then to go out with a loaded shotgun. Not even close to defending your house type scenario.

I would love if there were stronger property rights in Ireland but if the story is even half true then the farmer is lucky it didn’t go south for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,937 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Sitting down to watch the Olympics, glass of wine just poured, my mother rang me there's someone up the fields in a jeep. Went up a lad i never met there with a gun out in the middle of a field. He drove in from the road and went over 5 fields. I asked him what he was at. Looking for deer. I said he'd no permission and I didn't know him. To get out. Wtf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭Tow

A relation of mine fired into the air when he discovered cultured folk carrying out their time honoured trade on his land. Ended up in court with a warning and losing is gun license for several years.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭lmk123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭blackbox

I'm pretty sure he wasn't licensed to use the gun for that purpose, so hardly a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭green daries

I was in fear of my life they threatened me and my family and property repeat it and stick to it .. that's what a relative who's a detective Sargent says anyway. Edit to add always always say you fired a warning shot....(even if it is after the first one😁)

Ya that wouldn't stand up in court you have to be threatened directly and in fear of your safety..... he was not in this case

They didn't threaten him directly so he would have in discharging a fire arm used unnecessary force in the eyes of the law... your allowed to defend yourself and your property using reasonable force that's up to the judges and the law is an ass usually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

The guards will take the gun from anyone if there is any threat of using it in anger. They won’t even wait for a court to decide. They are probably doing some lads a favour in doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

A dead man can't lie in court

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Shoot, shovel, and shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

About 20 years ago the uncle was building new house as the road upgrade was taking his old house and the man had pancreatitis at the time and had to go to toilet very often, one night he seen a flash lamp moving around the new house during the night, it was dead quite and he fired a shot out the bathroom window, and went to bed, next morning he found the flash lamp on the ground light on in the house ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,487 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,937 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Didn't know the deer season is open already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭Odelay

yeah, it’s opens august 1 for male deer shot by liceneced deer hunting gets.

I've a lad beside ground Im renting (thankfully he's the opposite side of a hill) . But he's came home to "farm" but his uncle had this farm all pristine and drained etc. Your man has rushes 6ft tall in it now and he asked me the other day what's causing it so I mentioned fertiliser topping etc and did he clean the drains lately..…he then admits he didn't so I said local man is good he'll clean them. Up he pipes and says he's filled them I in a few spots to make sure they hold water for the cattle to drink.....(im a noseyfecker i know🙄) I got the neighbours young fella to put up his drone today over the two fields well holy God the drains hve just disappeared there completely closed in I never laughed so much when I saw the video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭Austinbrick

Funny story. Still, he might turn it inside out in a few years.You never know. Or do you think he has farming scruples at all??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭Austinbrick

No farming scruples?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Ah no. I feel sorry for the fella. It can be overwhelming enough taking over a farm when you've been reared and worked on it. Can be different ball game if you have no knowledge.

Presume he would have little experience to be at something like that?

Ohh no this lad grew up on a medium size dairy far he's just meaner than the grinch at Christmas.... we were reckoning he did it to save the water bill. There was no need to do what he did. Strikes me as an economical farmer type as well expected to mine the ground and make a profit from a few bullocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭kk.man

That's just mad, Ted.

closer to dougual id think... now hecould have some mad eco notion as I said before he seems to think in environmental terms 🙄

Advertisement